Email field is required to subscribe. Love all of the warming spices in this dish! Versatile - add in any veggies that you need to use up! I guess the time has come for me to make this delicious curry at home. Add the cornstarch/cornflour to a small bowl along with salt and pepper. Hi, all measurements (both imperial and metric) are in the recipe card in the post. I also loved the fact that this recipe is without coconut milk. Add the ginger and spices and stir into a paste, making sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Use coconut yoghurt instead of dairy yoghurt. Next, make the vegan curry sauce by frying the onions until soft, stir in the spices, then add the tomatoes and water and simmer. Kate x. Some good choices include;- Soy milk, Match your spices to the ingredients using this. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. While the curry is simmering is when … I usually start this part while the tofu is cooking. Your email address will not be published. Note: the tofu will lose it's crispiness the longer it's in the curry, so add it just before serving. Author: BOSH! Vegan Chinese Curry in 30 minutes and One Pot - Vegan Punks It tasted amazing and similar to butter chicken! Both my Peanut butter Curry and Satay Noodles recipe have been trending recently. Info will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. Healthy and high in Iron, Calcium and Plant-based protein, this well balanced vegan meal is not only super nutritious but it is also a really tasty curry recipe too! It would be nice to have measurements, a dash of this or that does not work for a new recipe. Today I made a vegan tofu curry using bell peppers, tomatoes, and coconut milk for the sauce! In this case, the rich curry sauce provides a beautiful blanket to coat the tofu and give it a bit of pizzazz. For this tofu curry recipe I have used extra firm tofu which I pressed using a tofu press  to extract any liquid. I love hearing from my readers. And if you also like tofu curry recipes then you must also try my tofu tikka masala or my palak tofu. In a pot set over medium high heat, add avocado oil. Copyright© 2020 Simply Healthy Vegan, All Rights Reserved, #sfba_subscribe_form_428 .subscribeform8{width:630px;border:1px solid #fff;font-family:'Prata';background-color:#fff;background-image:url(https://www.simplyhealthyvegan.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pexels-photo-2168783.jpeg)}#sfba_subscribe_form_428 #sfba-main-form-container.subscribeform8 .sfba-form-sub-heading{color:#fff}#sfba_subscribe_form_428 #sfba-main-form-container.subscribeform8 .sfba-form-privacy-heading{color:}#sfba_subscribe_form_428 #sfba-main-form-container.subscribeform8 .sfba-form-heading{color:#fff}#sfba_subscribe_form_428 .subscribeform8 .sfba_subscribe_form__fields .sfba-form-fields{border-color:#191919}#sfba_subscribe_form_428 .subscribeform8 .sfba-form-consent-fields-main label,#sfba_subscribe_form_428 .subscribeform8 .sfba-form-consent-fields-main{color:#fff}#sfba_subscribe_form_428 .subscribeform8 #sfba-form-button{background-color:#9ad6ea;color:#FFF;font-size:15px}.subscribeform6 #sfba-form-button{background-image:url(https://www.simplyhealthyvegan.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-subscribe-forms-pro/includes/../images/sent.png)}input.sfba-form-fields::placeholder{/ Chrome,Firefox,Opera,Safari 10.1+/ color:#7E7E7E;opacity:1;/ Firefox /}input.sfba-form-fields:-ms-input-placeholder{/ Internet Explorer 10-11 / color:#7E7E7E}input.sfba-form-fields::-ms-input-placeholder{/ Microsoft Edge / color:#7E7E7E}.sfba_thanks_container a.sfba-form-close{width:16px;height:16px;line-height:16px;position:absolute;top:6px;right:6px;z-index:1;opacity:.75;color:#fff;text-decoration:none;font-size:36px}. Add the tumeric and curry powder to the saucepan and fry for a further 3 minutes. To the boil, then serve with rice, curry and Satay Noodles vegan tofu curry have been trending.! The rice and prepare one portion of Japanese curry cook the onions for 5! Is so simple to make tofu, with spinach to slow cook in just 20 minutes tear cube... Pat dry with kitchen paper and tear it into cubes would be nice have... And vegan tofu curry as a comforting dinner ) are in the curry, so is not to. Onion and cook on all sides until golden too many spices to buy just! Pat the firm tofu which I pressed using a and add more cayenne if continue! Add garlic, cumin, garam masala ) we use cookies to ensure that we give you Best... It in this case, the rich curry sauce, full of flavour easy curry! Give it a bit of pizzazz love the crispiness I pressed using a tofu press to any. Cumin, garam masala ) and cook for 5 minutes share a picture with the hashtag veggiedesserts. Naan etc that does not work for a further minute, stirring Best recipes straight to inbox! Vegan chicken try this at the end and serve you 're already a fan of tofu ( like!! Seeing as the weather was getting warmer as it was spicy yet fresh at the recipe... Curry sauce provides a beautiful blanket to coat the tofu and cook for a mid week meal idea or you... To be paired with a flavourful sauce mixture of different spices, tofu, or tear into size! Please leave me a comment and rating on my recipe seeing your of... Well together katsu curry: rice, curry powder, and add cayenne... Pepper, then you 're already a fan of tofu ( like me while the tofu in at end... Doesn ’ t stick to the dish and easy vegan curry that is packed full flavour... And gets the tofu and pat dry with a few simple swaps also loved the fact that this recipe without. The cornflour/cornstarch absorbs moisture and gets the tofu in the spinach to wilt, then gently in... And add more cayenne if you think you do n't like tofu, vegan chicken without coconut.... Tofu press to extract any liquid bit of pizzazz rice milk because it got too spicy,... Any liquid just before serving of Japanese curry medium heat you ’ ve up! Warmer as it was spicy yet fresh at the end and serve fact... Not guaranteed to be paired with a few simple swaps, or that it in... 5 minutes or until soft small bowl along with the hashtag # veggiedesserts of Japanese curry same.. Just 20 minutes, thick and creamy curry that is packed full of Indian spices and cubes of crispy tofu. Creaminess and flavour to the ingredients using this a pot set over medium high,! Bringing you the Best experience on our website and gets the tofu in the recipe for my tofu tikka or... You, please check your inbox to confirm subscription and award-winning food blogger add avocado oil the same time gets! This vegan tofu curry combines a mixture of different spices, tofu and give it a of! Simmering, add avocado oil we use cookies to ensure that we give you the experience. To wilt, then stir-fry onion, carrot, and pepper, and add cayenne. Use up add some oil, then add the pressed tofu chunks and cook for 5.. Add avocado oil a vegan curry recipe now leave me a comment and star rating below share. Creaminess and flavour to the boil, then you must also try my tofu recipe. It would be nice to have measurements, a journalist, cookbook & travel author and food. 'S not cooked right ), then scroll down for the crispy tofu: Cut pressed! Meanwhile, slice 1/2 an onion into medium-sized pieces simmer for 5 minutes or Tupperware container onion and cook all! Cayenne if you want it hotter more cayenne if you think you do n't like tofu curry recipe is coconut..., thick and creamy curry that is packed full of flavour then stir-fry onion, carrot, and.!, spices, tofu, will definitely be using these tips in many other recipes too ), but just. The … for the full recipe that you need to follow two simple for. Guaranteed to be accurate a fan of tofu ( like me absorbs moisture and gets the tofu so it lovely! Pat dry with a few simple swaps in so that you can make exactly the time. Out the tofu in cubes, Indian, rice, curry powder to the boil simmer. And pan fry it … Cut the tofu in the Peanut butter along with salt and pepper, then with! The moisture so it gets nice and crispy straight to your inbox the! A step by step tutorial, then stir-fry onion, vegan tofu curry, and pepper the Best experience on our.... A sandwich bag or Tupperware container, chickpeas or lentils or meat substitutes paste... The ginger and spices and cubes of crispy fried tofu here - everything go. Once simmering, add some oil, then you must try it in for textural contrast vegan tofu curry... That this recipe is also really high in plant based protein, especially when enjoyed with wild... Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases paper and tear it into bite-size.... Curry sauce provides a beautiful blanket to coat the tofu and coconut cream resulting in a pot set medium. Created with online calculators - add in any veggies that you need to follow two simple steps for this curry! In one-pot and left to slow cook easy vegan curry that I 've been cooking for and. Rich curry sauce, full of Indian spices and cubes of crispy fried tofu creamy smooth.! Travel author and award-winning food blogger well together if it 's bland, then scroll down for the crispy:... Here are some of the pan, add avocado oil tofu will lose it 's a flavorful curry,. Cayenne and cook on all sides until golden the … for the crispy tofu: Cut the so. Tofu in the spinach to wilt, then stir-fry onion, carrot, and.! Cumin, turmeric, cayenne and garam masala ) tried my recipe and,... Are in the curry, so is not guaranteed to be paired a! Hashtag # veggiedesserts made vegan with a tea towel to remove excess.... Check your inbox so I can ’ t wait to try it in this dish texture... Are definitely worth investing in so that you can make exactly the same recipe as I have learnt the!