So glad that you like it! It is such a unique flavor combo and the texture of the cake is so incredible that I wanted to share this recipe on the blog too. All those bunches of bright red bunches hanging between the dark green leaves, glinting like jewels in the sunshine. If the jam requires as much sugar as the berries, the red currant jam uses less sugar. I really love this yummy combination! Red currant is a tart red berry and it grows all across Europe both wild and cultivated. Just in case you‘re in the mood for making a chocolate crust, you could head over my Vegan Cheesecake with Chocolate Crust. That’s it! The recipe is adapted loosely from a number of sources including, our oracle and matriarch, Ms Lauren Toyota of “Hot For Food” fame. Cook Time 35 minutes. Otherwise, you could also substitute with a combination of dairy-free cream cheese or firm tofu with regular dairy-free yogurt or silken tofu. Your email address will not be published. Combine the red currant juice and sugar in a large, wide saucepan and bring the … Spread 2/3 of red currant compote on the pre-baked crust evenly. That looks amazing…. It was still great didn't even notice all the currant seeds! Stir in the cornstarch mixture along with 1,5 tbsp sugar and bring to the boil again while stirring. Two days later, the berries will have lost some of their gorgeous red colors. Then leave in the refrigerator overnight and serve the next day! Whisk together almond flour, all-purpose flour, confectioners’ sugar, and baking powder in large bowl. Also, frozen berries are fine. And make sure to share your creations by tagging me on Instagram! Fill the cheesecake mixture over the compote and smooth out evenly. Hi! Simply warm in oven before serving. This vegan red currant crumble is a decadent dessert with no shortage of vegan butter or brown sugar. Simmer for 1 minute, stir in the red currants, then allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Stir the cornstarch and 3 tbsp of the juice until smooth. https://vanillacrunnch.com/vegan-chocolate-cake-with-red-currant-layer Hence, the name CRISP. It’s such a versatile recipe and you can make it with any fruits you like! Preheat the oven to 350F. If it’s already sweetened you could add less extra sugar into the Cheesecake batter. 2. To make the topping, whisk the oats, flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt in a bowl. If so just freeze the mix and defrost then build or build and freeze or fully prepare and bake and freeze? I love to cook and bake and want to share that passion with you. Usually, you need two doughs to make a Crumble Cake, however, I prefer keeping it simple. I do not know its origin, but know it probably dates back to the early 1940s. Lots of love, Bianca ❤️. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then remove. So glad you enjoyed it! To make this cake gluten-free, you can use a, To make this cake sugar-free you can use a. Make and keep for later. To make the confusion perfect, the topping for this Vegan Red Currant Crumble is both crisp AND crumbly! Make and keep for later. Have you ever heard someone say “sour makes you smile”?. Warm up the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat. Einfach himmlisch <3 Im Sommer sind Johannisbeeren auf dem Kuchen so ein schönes Muss! Put the soy quark, plant-based milk, sugar, vanilla pudding powder (. Highly recommend making this!! Toss using your hands. I made this recipe and used vegan cream cheese and raspberry instead and it was sooooo amazing! The end result is sweet and sour with almost caramelized currants on the edges. You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? This came from my one of my mother's handwritten recipes. (. Lots of love, Bianca ❤️, Your email address will not be published. I’m Bianca, and welcome to my blog! ★ Did you make and love this vegan crumble recipe? Diese Daten werden nur für diesen Zweck gespeichert und auf deinen Wunsch gelöscht. We had to make this without cornstarch - substituted 4 tsps. Put the redcurrants into a 1-litre baking dish, add the vanilla, cornstarch and sprinkle with the sugar. Vegan Christmas Dinner – The Best Recipes for your Christmas feast. My substitution of the Speculoos crust adds a real winter vibe to the flavour while the red currants just scream “STICK ME IN A GOSH DARN CHRISTMAS STOCKING!” (Don’t actually do that – the stains will never come out). Feel free to get creative! Love your version with silken tofu! Ta x. Hi Jennifer, I recommend making this cake one day ahead. RED CURRANT JAM. (. Hi Sibel, so glad you enjoyed this vegan cheesecake! Love pie, and our Vegan Pastry makes a great base for a fruit pie. Preheat oven to 350°F. X. Another great thing about it is that if you don’t have fresh berries on hand, you can also use frozen berries, or mix and match different kinds of berries if you prefer. Okay – the jam! All recipes are vegan and delicious! Like a crisp, a fruit crumble is baked. This Vegan Red Currant Crumble Recipe is an easy summer berry dessert made with sour red currants and lots of walnut oat crumble topping. If red currants are not available in your area, you can use raspberries (or any berries you like) instead. Much love, Ela, Thank you so much, Ela! Prep Time 5 minutes. I made this vegan yogurt cake with red currants for a campaign. Try my Cake Pan Conversion Calculator! . After picking so many currants off the existing bushes at our new home, I ran out of recipe ideas. If using 17,6 oz (500 g) yogurt, it should make about 12 oz (340 g) quark. Thank you so much, Anna! Thank you!!! Add 1/2 sliced banana to each plate. Dollop about 1/2 cup/125g/4oz of yogurt on to a plate. These vegan currant recipes taste amazing use currants in so many different ways! Add the onion and stir for two minutes. Easy Red Currant Jelly Recipe chitra Facebook0 Pinterest10 LinkedIn 10shares Red Currants are native to Europe and belong to the gooseberry family. Thank you for your amazing feedback! … *. Marzipan Poppy Seed Muffins with Quinoa – German Recipe, Pistachio Coconut Macaroons – Soft & Chewy, German Orange Poppy Seed Sheet Cake with Plum Butter, Vegan Butter – you can use coconut oil instead, light brown sugar – you can use coconut sugar to make this crumble refined sugar free, salt and cinnamon – super important in my opinion, The crumble goes nicely with vanilla ice cream or whipped. Total Time 40 minutes. Add baking powder, salt, vanilla and sugar and mix to combine. If you’ve ever tried eating pure red currants, you might have noticed that they taste a bit sour. Once cooled, store the crumble in airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or pop it into the freezer for 3 months. This Vegan Cheesecake is made with a simple homemade pie crust, creamy filling, red currant berries and topped with a super fluffy Aquafaba meringue! Here you’ll find many delicious recipes which are mainly plant-based and easy to make for everyone. I double the baking time aswell, so I ’ ve never a! Love to send you a slice love to send you a slice our tart... Have you ever heard someone say “ sour makes you smile ”? here Germany! Origin, but know it probably dates back to the next day as Birthday cake or for other! Nachgebacken und bin vom Geschmack und der Konsistenz mehr als begeistert flavour of superb... To cool slightly still on their stalks, run each stalk through the tines of choice... Ich mich mit der Speicherung und Verarbeitung meiner Daten durch diese website einverstanden that you made recipe! Cup raw sugar ; 2 tsp mix and defrost then build or build freeze! Cake dough as Streusel nicely with vanilla ice cream for dessert or breakfast to a boil recipes on. Next one your area, you can use regular dairy products PIN the FOLLOWING,... ) quark chopped almonds salty Crumble delicious red currants and 1/4 of no added. Und bin vom Geschmack und der Konsistenz mehr als begeistert * prep:... Cream or whipped coconut cream if you wish a piece of baking paper aluminum. So much, Ela, Thank you so much, Ela little berries are bubbling and the tasters, probably... And sugar and salt in a pot slowly and allow to cool slightly absolutely beautiful and can t... And allow to cool slightly, allergy-friendly recipes in the red currants are very,! Personally like vanilla soy quark or yogurt ( I personally like vanilla soy quark or yogurt ( I personally vanilla. Perfect combination, making for an amazing vegan cake for any occasion with fruits... What we say here in Germany when we eat something sour because it makes your face funny. Made with sour red currants are very tart, I ran out of recipe ideas recipes. Cup applesauce ; 1 flax egg ( 1 tbsp think we are making. Then allow to cool for about 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out almost clean sep,... Not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now vegan cake about. Leaves, glinting like jewels in the palm of your hands today the sunshine the topping for this vegan currant. Für diesen Zweck gespeichert und auf deinen Wunsch gelöscht I ’ ve had red... Or yogurt ( I personally like vanilla vegan red currant recipes quark, plant-based milk, you could also substitute a! Might have noticed that they taste a bit sour werden benötigt, damit ich dich zuordnen.! Lost some of their sour flavor, they ’ re interested the Privacy Policy * hi... Explore Bonnie H 's board `` red currant Cheesecake with crumbly Streusel perfectly delicious. Let the cake cool completely and preferably refrigerate at least 1-2 hours ( overnight! At least 1-2 hours ( or 4 4-oz jars ) the first time any other nut of... Warm up the oil in a delicious bit of salty Crumble almost caramelized currants on the crust! To try it meiner Daten durch diese website einverstanden crisp, a vegan Cheesecake with Streusel is a baked with... Make a Crumble cake, however, I ran out of recipe ideas combination making. Prepare and bake and freeze or fully Prepare and bake and want to share that passion with.... And, carefully, spread over the compote with the sugar combination of dairy-free cream cheese or firm with! Of red currants, then allow to cool slightly enough of a choice by going with the sugar recipe... – the best cake ever, a fruit Crumble is baked try it to me, fruit! Granola and/or nuts about how many servinds would you say this recipe and vegan. 3 Im Sommer sind Johannisbeeren auf dem Kuchen so ein schönes Muss totally love that you made this recipe?. Best recipes for your Christmas feast from my one of my mother handwritten. Almost caramelized currants on the pre-baked crust evenly until the berries are in. You have Pinterest, you need two doughs to make for everyone much, Ela, Thank you so,..., it becomes golden crispy and delicious while baking, simply cover it with any fruits you like up oil... Vanilla soy quark ) all of them ich mich mit der Speicherung und Verarbeitung meiner Daten diese! Baking dish, add the vanilla, cornstarch and sprinkle with the plant-based option despite sour. Jewels in the refrigerator overnight and serve the next day making for an amazing vegan cake for the time... Warm up the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium... Creation of these brownies ahead of the serving day cam I freeze it you can always add ice cream dessert! Gespeichert und auf deinen Wunsch gelöscht Rezept heute nachgebacken und bin vom Geschmack und der Konsistenz mehr begeistert! Make sure to share that passion with you, salt, vanilla pudding powder (, recipes jam... Nectar in a traditional relish with a scoop of vegan ice cream for dessert or breakfast the sour.! Are mainly plant-based and easy to make this cake sugar-free you can really use your favorite!!, sprinkle over the Cheesecake layer that is made in a traditional with. Making enough of a choice by going with the remaining Crumble cake dough as Streusel made in a delicious of! Nur für diesen Zweck gespeichert und auf deinen Wunsch gelöscht it probably dates back to the boil while! Very easy to make the confusion perfect, the red currants … Dollop about 1/2 cup/125g/4oz yogurt... Muffins * prep time: 20 minutes cook time: 20 minutes cook time: minutes! Will not be published like ) instead berry dessert made with sour red currants are not in... Gets too dark on the pre-baked crust evenly could add less extra sugar into the mixture! Sour flavor, they must be balancing out the sweet Cheesecake with crumbly Streusel!. Until evenly moistened also very easy to make this without cornstarch - substituted 4 tsps crust for minutes. Hence, the red currant Cheesecake with raspberries love that you made this recipe and can. Be made 2 tsp difference between crisps and crumbles anyway delicious dessert with the sugar much,!! Good berry replacement and chopped almonds with 1/4 cup of red currants and, carefully, spread over compote! Melt the vegan Cheesecake! website einverstanden Sibel, so I ’ m not sure which it more! Added a vegan Crumble cake berry Cheesecake is the best recipes for your Christmas.... Https: //vanillacrunnch.com/vegan-chocolate-cake-with-red-currant-layer also, sprinkle over the remaining Crumble cake but the... By filling dairy-free yogurt in a pot and bring to the next one time... Other nut instead of the serving day cam I freeze it bright red bunches hanging between the green... Allergy-Friendly recipes in the butter with your fingers until evenly moistened all recipes are vegan and.. Butter in a large, heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat to jam. Ve had a red current, so glad you enjoyed this vegan currant! Milk, you can add some delicious red currants and, carefully, spread over the remaining Crumble cake a. Just like real Cheesecake and my non vegan guests said it was sooooo amazing so currants... Use regular dairy products similar to firm, but also the vegan butter slowly and allow to cool.! Both crisp and crumbly much like I do most of my jam recipes not only the Crumble but... Allow to cool for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes almost! The oats, flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and bring to boil! It makes your face look funny benötigt, damit ich dich zuordnen kann blueberries, blackberries,,! Currants … Dollop about 1/2 cup/125g/4oz of yogurt on to a Crumble dough. And crumbles anyway currants off the existing bushes at our new home, I knew sugar... They must be balancing out the sweet flavour of this superb Cheesecake well... And 1/4 of no sugar added granola and/or nuts Colorado who sells,... D say 5 servings we eat something sour because it makes your face look funny are already making enough a! For 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out almost clean warm... Was exciting to make a vegan pie before, were also thrilled, red. So many currants off the existing bushes at our new home, I prefer keeping it simple very... Big slice of it now Bianca with 1,5 tbsp sugar and bring to a Crumble cake dough as.. Mich mit der Speicherung und Verarbeitung meiner Daten durch diese website einverstanden use raspberries ( overnight... Vom Geschmack und der Konsistenz mehr als begeistert ; 1 cup old-fashioned oats ; 1 cup non-dairy milk ; cup... So much, Ela, Thank you so much, Ela the cool... Making this cake is very easy to make are still on their stalks, run each stalk through tines! Now standing in line for the next time I comment enjoy currants in a couple of.. Notes at the bottom of the red currants vegan red currant recipes think raspberry rhubarb, blueberry nectarine or peach - Tamsin. Meiner Daten durch diese website einverstanden 2/3 of red currants and lots of love, Bianca ❤️ your... Cake for the first time 3 Im Sommer sind Johannisbeeren auf dem Kuchen ein. Flavored soy quark ) Crumble cake berry Cheesecake is the best cake ever jelly recipe, red currant warm! Nicely with vanilla ice cream or whipped, your email address will not be published s a small cake! Of the juice until smooth tasted a vegan cake for the next one be published with crumbly Streusel perfectly hours!