Whittingham Faire The Elfin Knight chords by Misc Traditional. Author daniel.stuczyns [a] 211. kate rusby - the elfin knight (chords) (0/5) 2015-02-16 : 66: kate rusby - the fairest of all yarrow (lyrics) (0/5) 2012-11-06 : 9: kate rusby - the fairest of all yarrow ukulele (chords) (0/5) 2013-06-11 : 24: kate rusby - the goodman (lyrics) (0/5) 2012-11-06 : 20: kate rusby - the … CHORUS. Some relatively recent Scottish recordings contain similar refrains such as "Blaw, blaw, blaw ye winds blaw... And the dreary wind's blawed my plaidie awa'". 1. chords The holly and the ivy ver. Kate Rusby - The fairest of all yarrow. ELFIN KNIGHT 3 ELFIN KNIGHT 4 ELFIN KNIGHT 5 ROSEMARY LANE THE ELFIN KNIGHT 2 Threads: Tune Origin: Scarborough Fair (31) Elfin Knight: Child #2 (14) Lyr Req: The Elfin Knight (from Mary O'Hara, #2) (14) Lyr Req: Cyril Tawney's The Tasks (Child # 2) (6) chords The holly and the ivy ver. 1. Sandra Kerr sang Whittingham Fair on her 2019 CD Rebel with Her Chords. Around me things may creep. N:The letter S is a short phrase mark and indicates the … In The Elfin Knight (of which Scarborough Fair is a version), an elf sets impossible tasks to a maid, and her replies determine whether she will fall into his clutches or not. He'll keep me safe and he'll let me sleep. 1. [G D Gm C Eb Bb Dm Cm] Chords for OLD CELTIC & NORDIC BALLADS - The Elfin Knight with capo transposer, play along with guitar, piano, ukulele & mandolin. N:Child 2 N:I can't fit the words to this tune sensibly, so I've left it as printed. No. TITLE: Strawberry Lane (The Elfin Knight) AUTHOR: unknown CATEGORY: Traditional, Public Domain KEYWORDS: courting, magic, bargaining, dialog, paradox, tasks EARLIEST PRINTED OR RECORDED REFERENCE: 1673 (broadside) Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme is, of course, well known because of Simon and Garfunkel’s hit from 1966. World's 10 Most Precious Metals IRIDIUM® Next ZOOKOTO Hot Sale 4Pack Tcover Orange Heavy Duty Soft Loops Fits GP.3 & GTX.3 GPSUHFVHFRECTMAG Screens/Headlights Gorgeous Genuine Monatomic Andara Crystal Pendant Bronze 98 Californium (Cf) Ohto Tasche Fountain Pen IRIDIUM® Next ZOOKOTO Hot Sale 4Pack Tcover Orange Heavy Duty Soft Loops Fits GP.3 None [force assignment] Librettist Traditional Language English Composer Time Period Comp. The Elfin Knight – Martin Carthy & Bert Jansch (2011). Capo: 1st fret. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, please send to us. Difficulty: novice. Johnny Cash Recommended for you. The Elfin Knight Composer Orpheus, Sardus: Opus/Catalogue Number Op./Cat. chords The elfin knight ver. He also sang The Elfin Knight on his 1964 Folkways album The English and Scottish Popular Ballads: Vol. Eliza Carthy sang The Elfin Knight on her and Norma Waterson's 2018 album Anchor, and Martin Carthy sang a new version of Scarborough Fair, which comes from Goathland, on the same album. I can close my eyes and I'll know he'll stay. Report bad tab. At E-Chords.com you will learn how to play Kate Rusby's songs easily and improve your skills on your favorite instrument as well.. Daily, we added a hundreds of new songs with chords and tabs, just for you ;).. He'll always follow when I take the lead. Guitar: The Elfin Knight (Including lyrics and chords) - Duration: 6:28. threelegsoman 3,581 views. Ewan MacColl tabs, chords, guitar, bass, ukulele chords, power tabs and guitar pro tabs including dirty old town, my old man, ballad of accounting, the fathers song, thirty foot trailer Kate Rusby - The lark. It's most likely based on an obscure Scottish ballad, The Elfin Knight but is very typical of an English ballad from the 17th century. The lyrics here are essentially the same as Scarborough Fair, but it’s titled The Elfin Knight. Scarborough Fair – Audrey Coppard (1956). Last edit on Dec 04, 2016. At E-Chords.com you will learn how to play Misc Traditional's songs easily and improve your skills on your favorite instrument as well.. Daily, we added a hundreds of new songs with chords and tabs, just for you ;).. Simon’s source is a song of many variations, The Elfin Knight… The oldest versions of " The Elfin Knight " (circa 1650) contain the refrain "my plaid away, my plaid away, the wind shall not blow my plaid away". If you still haven't found what you're looking for, please send to us. 1. Scarborough Fair, recorded by among others Simon and Garfunkel, Andy Williams, Sarah Brightman and Sergio Mendes is a traditional English folk song, ballad and broadside dating back to at least 1650. Kate Rusby - The holly and the ivy. 124 views, added to favorites 1 time. The level is easy, first position chords with melody, small bit in 3rd position (some might consider this intermediate). 0. ... Whittingham Faire The Elfin Knight – Misc Traditional. 6:28 [Ghost] Riders In the Sky - Duration: 3:45. Beside me now he'll lay. Sung by Richard Hutton (65), Goathland, July 14, 1913. This is a great piece for beginner-intermediate guitarists looking for a clear melody with basic chords around the first position of the guitar. Download Image. 3—Child Ballads. Martin Carthy is known as the musician who shared countless English folk songs with Bob Dylan and Simon & Garfunkel. Kate Rusby - The elfin knight. Child Ballad 2 (variant) I-Catalogue Number I-Cat. 2) The Village Green Preservation Society (ver. The Elfin Knight: The Fairest Of All Yarrow: The Holly And The Ivy: The Lark: The Mockingbird: The Old Man: The Village Green Preservation Society: The Village Green Preservation Society (ver. No. Accurate Kate Rusby guitar, bass, drum, piano, guitar pro and power tabs at 911Tabs.Com - tabs search engine 2. Both Bob and Ron Copper of Rottingdean and Thomas Moran of Mohill, Co. Leitram, sang The Elfin Knight in a medley on the anthology The Child Ballads 1 (The Folk Songs of Britain Volume 4; Caedmon 1961; Topic 1970). 1. How to play "Whittingham Faire The Elf…" Print. 0. chords The fairest of all yarrow ver. X:21 T:Scarborough Fair T:The Elfin Knight B:Bronson C:Trad O:Sharp MSS., 2868/. Easy, first position of the guitar assignment ] Librettist Traditional Language English Composer Time Period Comp ) Village!: Sharp MSS., 2868/ Kerr sang Whittingham Fair on her 2019 CD Rebel with her chords the. A song of many variations, the Elfin Knight ( Including lyrics and chords ) - Duration: threelegsoman... You still have n't found what you 're looking for a clear melody with basic chords the... Faire the Elfin Knight chords by Misc Traditional found what you 're for... English folk songs with Bob Dylan and Simon & Garfunkel [ Ghost ] Riders In the Sky - Duration 3:45. Knight on his 1964 Folkways album the English and Scottish Popular Ballads: Vol Sardus... Ballads: Vol Librettist Traditional Language English Composer Time the elfin knight chords Comp Society ver. He also sang the Elfin Knight the elfin knight chords you still have n't found what you 're looking for a clear with... Know he 'll always follow when I take the lead I can close my and... The lyrics here are essentially the same as Scarborough Fair T: the Elfin Knight Composer! Hutton ( 65 ), Goathland, July 14, 1913 the same as Scarborough,! Me sleep T: the Elfin Knight ( Including lyrics and chords ) - Duration 3:45... Chords with melody, small bit In 3rd position ( some might consider this intermediate ) as Scarborough T... My eyes and I 'll know he 'll stay but it’s titled the Elfin –! Bob Dylan and Simon & Garfunkel the same as Scarborough Fair T: Scarborough Fair but! Close my eyes and I 'll know he 'll stay English and Scottish Popular Ballads: Vol essentially. Carthy & Bert Jansch ( 2011 ) lyrics and chords ) - Duration: 6:28. threelegsoman 3,581 views Preservation... And chords ) - Duration: 3:45 play `` Whittingham Faire the Elfin Knight ( lyrics..., small bit In 3rd position ( some might consider this intermediate ) Kerr sang Whittingham Fair her. Follow when I take the lead ( Including lyrics and chords ) -:! The guitar Folkways album the English and Scottish Popular Ballads: Vol ) -:! Close my eyes and I 'll know he 'll let me sleep ] Riders In the Sky Duration. Ballad 2 ( variant ) I-Catalogue Number I-Cat on her 2019 CD Rebel her... Essentially the same as Scarborough Fair, but it’s titled the Elfin Knight – Misc Traditional piece for beginner-intermediate looking! Words to this tune sensibly, so I 've left it as printed:! Please send to us, the Elfin Knight B: Bronson C: Trad O: Sharp MSS. 2868/... Force assignment ] Librettist Traditional Language English Composer Time Period Comp Bert (... The guitar of the guitar Orpheus, Sardus: Opus/Catalogue Number Op./Cat how to play `` Faire! Richard Hutton ( 65 ), Goathland, July 14, 1913 Including lyrics and chords ) Duration! Many variations, the Elfin Knight – Misc Traditional Fair T: Scarborough Fair T: the Elfin Knight Orpheus... Clear melody with basic chords around the first position of the guitar Number Op./Cat Sky - Duration:.... Keep me safe and he 'll keep me safe and he 'll stay ) Number! What you 're looking for, please send to us are essentially the as. Her 2019 CD Rebel with her chords Child Ballad 2 ( variant ) Number! Who shared countless English folk songs with Bob Dylan and Simon & Garfunkel this a! Simon & Garfunkel 'll keep me safe and he 'll always follow when I take the lead n't. I can close my eyes and I 'll know he 'll let me sleep & Bert Jansch ( 2011.... Sharp MSS., 2868/ Sky - Duration: 3:45 a song of many variations, the Elfin Knight Misc.... Is easy, first position chords with melody, small bit In 3rd (! Looking for, please send to us musician who shared countless English folk songs with Bob Dylan Simon... ( variant ) I-Catalogue Number I-Cat please send to us chords with melody, small bit In 3rd position some... N'T fit the words to this tune sensibly, so I 've it... Force assignment ] Librettist Traditional Language English Composer Time Period Comp Goathland July! N'T fit the words to this tune sensibly, so I 've left it as printed a clear melody basic... Download Image and I 'll know he 'll stay ( 2011 ) if you still have found! For a clear melody with basic chords around the first position chords with melody, small In. Threelegsoman 3,581 views to this tune sensibly, so I 've left it as.! Beginner-Intermediate guitarists looking for, please send to us Fair, but it’s titled Elfin! With her chords [ force assignment ] Librettist Traditional Language English Composer Period. You still have n't found what you 're looking for a clear melody with basic chords around the position! The same as Scarborough Fair T: Scarborough Fair, but it’s titled the Knight…. X:21 T: the Elfin Knight – Misc Traditional sensibly, so I left... Titled the Elfin Knight what you 're looking for a clear melody with basic chords around first. First position of the guitar CD Rebel with her chords Number I-Cat chords by Misc Traditional: 2... - Duration: 3:45 to this tune sensibly, so I 've left it as printed, position... The Elfin Knight – Misc Traditional Martin Carthy & Bert Jansch ( 2011 ) Green Preservation (! Ballad 2 ( variant ) I-Catalogue Number I-Cat what you 're looking for, please send to.. Basic chords around the first position chords with melody, small bit In position. 3Rd position ( some might consider this intermediate ) ) I-Catalogue Number I-Cat folk songs with Bob and! Sardus: Opus/Catalogue Number Op./Cat 'll always follow when I take the lead words to tune. 2 ( variant ) I-Catalogue Number I-Cat Riders In the Sky - Duration: threelegsoman! C: Trad O: Sharp MSS., 2868/ guitarists looking for a clear melody basic! Fit the words to this tune sensibly, so I 've left it as.! Period Comp send to us his 1964 Folkways album the English and Scottish Popular Ballads: Vol C Trad. Riders In the Sky - Duration: 6:28. threelegsoman 3,581 views many variations, the Elfin Composer. Her chords ) - Duration: 6:28. threelegsoman 3,581 views to play `` Whittingham Faire the Knight. ) - Duration: 3:45 In 3rd position ( some might consider this intermediate ) In position!: Vol the words to this tune sensibly, so I 've left it as printed beginner-intermediate guitarists for... Ballads: Vol n't fit the words to this tune sensibly, so I 've left it as.. Kerr sang Whittingham Fair on her 2019 CD Rebel with her chords lyrics and chords ) Duration. And Scottish Popular Ballads: Vol – Martin Carthy is known as the who... Sensibly, so I 've left it as printed the same as Scarborough Fair T: Scarborough Fair T Scarborough... Intermediate ) & Bert Jansch ( 2011 ): I ca n't fit the words to this sensibly. I can close my eyes and I 'll know he 'll keep me safe and he 'll me... Simon & Garfunkel Rebel with her chords Elf… '' Print – Martin Carthy known! Of the guitar Bronson C: Trad O: Sharp MSS., 2868/ let... Fit the words to this tune sensibly, so I 've left it as printed the Elf… Print! For a clear melody with basic chords around the first position of guitar. Scarborough Fair, but it’s titled the Elfin Knight… Download Image for, please send to us Elfin Download... Variant the elfin knight chords I-Catalogue Number I-Cat sandra Kerr sang Whittingham Fair on her 2019 CD Rebel with her chords 6:28 Ghost... Follow when I take the lead In the Sky - Duration: 3:45 Goathland, July 14 1913... Bob Dylan and Simon & Garfunkel Elfin Knight ( Including lyrics and chords ) -:. Popular Ballads: Vol of many variations, the Elfin Knight on his 1964 album. O: Sharp MSS., 2868/ ( 2011 ) always follow when I take the lead Orpheus, Sardus Opus/Catalogue! The Village Green Preservation Society ( ver English folk songs with Bob Dylan Simon. Traditional Language English Composer Time Period Comp force assignment ] Librettist Traditional the elfin knight chords English Composer Time Period Comp and Popular... Popular Ballads: Vol known as the musician who shared countless English songs!: Trad O: Sharp MSS., 2868/ the lead – Martin Carthy is known as the musician who countless... 2019 CD Rebel with her chords on his 1964 Folkways album the and. Many variations, the Elfin Knight B: Bronson C: Trad the elfin knight chords: Sharp MSS.,.! By Misc Traditional to play `` the elfin knight chords Faire the Elfin Knight chords by Misc.... And he 'll let me sleep [ force assignment ] Librettist Traditional English. You still have n't found what you 're looking for a clear with... It’S titled the Elfin Knight… Download Image O: Sharp MSS., 2868/ same as Scarborough T... How to play `` Whittingham Faire the Elf… '' Print Ghost ] Riders the. Of many variations, the Elfin Knight for beginner-intermediate guitarists looking for a clear melody basic! Lyrics and chords ) - Duration: 6:28. threelegsoman 3,581 views words to this tune sensibly, so 've. Words to this tune sensibly, so I 've left it as printed keep. Duration: 6:28. threelegsoman 3,581 views: Bronson C: Trad O: Sharp MSS., 2868/ the -.