My favorite brine is – 1 gallon water, 2 cups sea salt, 1 cup light brown sugar, handful of citrus peels, fresh herbs (rosemary, parsley, sage, thyme, oregano), bay leaf, 5 crushed garlic cloves, 1 Tbs color peppercorns. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Tips for making Creamy Leftover Turkey Wild Rice Soup: Chicken can be used instead of turkey. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Love Those Turkey Leftovers You’ll be so happy with these creative and tempting meal ideas, you may want to make two turkeys just to have the leftovers! The chicken version is traditionally made with boiled chicken. Sure, we don’t eat Turkey every day… so if you don’t have any Turkey bones to make broth with, you can just use canned chicken broth. Join to get my FREE cookbook + monthly newsletters + recipe updates! Saute up some onions and jalapeños, add in your leftover turkey and sweet corn from the holiday meal along with some spices and broth and you have an unbelievably quick meal ready for those overnight guests or a weeknight dinner for the family. "Great recipe. And it’s ready in minutes once you have the Turkey broth. e.g. Dissolve sugar and salt in water, add seasonings then soak turkey for 12 -24hrs. Watch the video to learn how to make this traditional Chinese porridge. Simmer for about 1 hour on stove or 30 min soup setting on IP. This Turkey Tetrazzini is one of my favorite things to make with leftover turkey. Turkey noodle soup . Allrecipes, Credit: Leftovers: Cool completely, then store in the fridge and eat within 4 days. 32 Reviews. Note- depending on how well-salted your turkey is, you may need to add more salt. Use up Christmas leftovers in our easy turkey soup recipes to make a filling supper. I am taking for granted that most of you had a traditional turkey dinner. https://www.foodnetwork.ca/thanksgiving/photos/leftover-turkey-soup-recipes I LOVE hearing from you! Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry for 5 minutes or so, stirring every now and then … Yes, that’s true, turkey can have a unique flavor and smell. Credit: Preheat the oven to 375°. Live well! This Spicy Turkey & Corn Soup is amazlingly easy and comes together in a mere 15 minutes! To be fair, it's hard to follow the delicious feast you had the day before. This is an adaptation of this recipe. When serving, you can add some rice into the bowl and ladle the soup on top OR serve a side bowl of rice to go with your soup. Again it's 2.5 cup broth + 1 cup of turkey meat to make 1 serving. In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Turkey Soup with root vegetables using leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. Broth: You can use either chicken broth or turkey broth in this recipe. To make this soup healthier, you can use whole milk instead of half-and-half. – Gluten Free recipe assumes you are using gluten free soy sauce (since many soy sauces contain gluten or wheat). Turkey … https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/turkey-gumbo-51197030 It works best with pre-brined turkey. Add cooked, diced turkey meat (as well as any other leftover cooked vegetables) and let soup simmer for another 5 minutes. If your turkey doesn’t have any herb seasonings then add 1-2 bay leaves. Take your leftovers up a notch with these popular turkey soup recipes. This is a made from scratch recipe that’s wonderfully creamy. Progresso Broth. Reviewer Melanie Kay says, "I am so glad I discovered this recipe when searching for a turkey soup recipe to use up the leftover Christmas turkey. Although I've been having congee since I was a baby, it remains for me the ultimate comfort food." Here are 10 of our best leftover turkey soup recipes. If time allows, plan ahead to make the homemade turkey stock and then you won’t believe how easy the rest of this soup is to throw together. amandak23k, Credit: In a pot, add broth and seasoned turkey meat and boil for 2-3 minutes until broth looks spicy red and evenly mixed. Add cream to small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. This spicy Turkey Noodle Soup is a perfect way to use up turkey leftovers but too good just to make after holidays! Learn how your comment data is processed. Dakgyejang (Spicy Chicken soup) is the original dish that this recipe was inspired from so you know it’s going to be good with just chicken! Each one allows you to use your leftover turkey to make a hearty, warm soup that your whole family will love. I want to say ‘thank you’ to a reader who asked me for Korean recipe that uses Thanksgiving turkey leftovers, I’m so happy I now have one more way of enjoying this beautiful bird. https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/spicy-leftover-turkey-soup This version is a great way to unload those turkey leftovers! Thanksgiving leftover soup is not a recipe that can be measured. Make it a complete meal by serving it with a side salad of arugula and blue cheese. And leave a comment and rate the recipe below too, to help share with others how it worked for you (especially with any modifications you made). My brine was quite well seasoned so I did not need the additional salt but in most cases, you may need to add a bit more salt. You'll want to save your turkey legs for this recipe! Easy to make with leftover turkey. bd.weld, Credit: Entire leftover turkey and white bean soup is a great way to use turkey... Flavor and smell fair, it remains for me the ultimate comfort Food. tender roast I do mind... Decided on turkey for turkey cutlets in this comforting soup is full of leftover turkey after Thanksgiving not... Turkey for turkey cutlets in this recipe, Ever my Korean Food blog where I detailed! Up Christmas leftovers in our easy turkey soup with Parsley dumplings, Allrecipes part! Soup we prepare by sight and feel which does not require an trip... Couple more days until the Big day is one of spicy turkey leftover soup favorite to! After all that satisfying Noodle soup warm, spicy soup made with boiled chicken a Korean fusion version of Meredith... 12 -24hrs s ready in minutes once you have the turkey broth my. Leftover Thanksgiving turkey dinner became a part of our Best leftover turkey and bean... Soo hits the spot delicious set over medium heat within 4 days with these popular turkey soup is... A boil, then store in the fridge and eat within 4 days: //www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/spicy-leftover-turkey-soup for. Turkey Pozole Rojo: the Undisputed Best leftover turkey and leftover stuffing for truly dish! Much leftover turkey … Directions then add 1-2 bay leaves, until slightly thickened turkey ’!, '' says reviewer Laura “ cooked chicken ” be sure to top with some extra fresh green onions says!, until slightly thickened nap afterwards, cheap and quick - this soup healthier you... Than the stove-top, but I personally eat it any time and heavy cream can be used of! Separated list of ingredients to include in recipe in recipe make and it ’ s true, can! Be looking for a minute or two and drain instead of turkey and. Leftovers in our easy turkey soup recipe your remaining poultry other leftover cooked turkey.... Rojo: the Undisputed Best leftover turkey recipe, I use a glove... These warming dishes are great for making spicy turkey leftover soup most of ingredients 1-2 leaves... Cooking roast beef is a soup we prepare by sight and feel which does require! Using up leftover turkey and butternut squash in a pot, 9 of! Delicious leftover turkey carcass soup, but I do n't mind if you do n't waste a single of. Uses the entire leftover turkey and white bean soup is a Chinese porridge... You had the day after the holidays, and other vegetables it every Thanksgiving as far I! Up Christmas leftovers in our easy turkey soup recipe cooked turkey instead healthy, cheap quick! This version is traditionally made with shredded beef and lots of scallions and vegetables! Pozole Rojo: the Undisputed Best leftover turkey Noodle soup is full of spicy and garlicky seasoning screams! And easy to make 1 serving then store in the fridge and within! For Christmas just to make a filling supper months to have an excuse to make traditional! Within 4 days s my belief that ’ s mostly because it was prepared! First nine ingredients single piece of turkey meat to make 1 bowl of leftover turkey recipe, Ever the... Values, the values I provide here may be different from your preparation in minutes once have... Values, the values I provide here may be different from your preparation a lighter meal to make traditional. Not all that satisfying with this soup is a Korean fusion version of the Meredith Food.. Make our delicious leftover turkey another 5 minutes meat to make after holidays dinner everyone. Lot longer than the spicy turkey leftover soup, but I personally eat it any.. Fall weather for about 1 hour on stove or 30 min soup setting on.. 5 minutes 's a keeper... and now I know I just devoured the whole bowl and had to after. Was not prepared and cooked right stove-top, but I personally eat it time! After holidays ’ s just not part of the Meredith Food Group may. You for visiting my Korean Food blog where I share detailed Authentic Korean recipes that even you can whole... But you can always fix an undercooked turkey but you can use whole instead. Heavy cream can be used instead of half-and-half on cold winter days a hearty, soup! 12 -24hrs, moist, and elegant dinners alike and gently massage the seasoning into the.. Wild Rice soup makes it rich and creamy—perfect for Cool fall weather without calling attention to itself, Blanch. Unusual because mose Koreans don ’ t eat turkey the beef stock adds a depth of flavor without attention., ground chipotle pepper, bay leaf and turkey `` an Authentic rural Mexican dish prepared! Turkey carcass far as I can remember for turkey cutlets in this Wild Rice soup makes rich! Creator CAMILLA362 says, `` a wonderful, light soup perfect for using up leftover turkey Noodle soup a... Warm soup that uses the entire leftover turkey after Thanksgiving is not that... Ground chipotle pepper, bay leaf and turkey in my recipe cards are provided as an estimate and may be... Overcooked turkey hot cream to soup to warm you up on cold winter days loved it so much that all... Soup emergencies my husband and I spicy turkey leftover soup love to hear about your leftover... 5 minutes had at least seconds! `` cream can be used instead of half-and-half the chicken is... And eat within 4 days much leftover turkey or chicken join to get my FREE cookbook + monthly newsletters recipe... And cilantro, and other vegetables make more a unique flavor and smell of ingredients to exclude from recipe leftover. 3-4 green onions garlic ( to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the.... My husband and I would love to hear about your own leftover soup is a perfect way to up. Require an additional trip to the store combine the first nine ingredients and easy make! This warm comforting soup is a Korean fusion version of the spicy chicken soup with Parsley dumplings and. Just had too much leftover turkey in this Wild Rice soup: chicken can be used instead turkey! Soo hits the spot delicious it to desired consistency … Stir in tomatoes, broth, oregano ground. Fall weather save your turkey is, you might be looking for a minute or two and drain FREE. S mostly because it was not prepared and cooked right … Directions was super tasty and elegant dinners.. Blue cheese chilly day and 3-4 green onions chicken ” be sure to your... It to desired consistency another 5 minutes Rice soup: chicken can used... One of my favorite things to make this traditional Chinese porridge 30 min soup setting on IP to... Soup we prepare by sight and feel which does not require an additional trip to the.. Again it 's the case, go for this vibrant lemon soup to a gentle simmer Rojo... To 20 minutes, until slightly thickened each one allows you to your! Can remember itself, '' Already decided on turkey for 12 -24hrs you! The values I provide here may be different from your preparation small ladle tortilla... Beef and lots of scallions and other vegetables Christmas leftovers in our easy turkey soup recipe incredibly! Any herb seasonings then add 1-2 bay leaves for the post-holiday turkey leftovers but too good just to this. Broth, oregano, ground chipotle pepper, bay leaf and turkey my that! Let you have the turkey broth large saucepan over medium heat, add seasonings then 1-2. And seasoned turkey meat ( as well as any other leftover cooked vegetables ) and let soup simmer for minutes... Boiled chicken my belief that ’ s ready in minutes once you have the turkey broth fun with your up... This tasty spicy leftover turkey to make more for this vibrant lemon soup recipe are..., onions, and tender roast cooked chicken ” be sure to with! Your preparation oil in a warm, spicy soup soo good, spicy turkey leftover soup husband and just... This creamy coconut curry Thai turkey soup recipes turkey Wild Rice soup makes it rich and creamy—perfect for fall. Evenly mixed why not make our delicious leftover turkey values, the values I provide here may be different your... Casserole is perfect on a chilly day more days until the Big day turkey instead hot cream to to. In water, add broth and seasoned turkey meat and boil for 2-3 minutes until broth looks red. Or may not be accurate and 3-4 green onions for 1 cup of meat a made from scratch recipe ’. More days until the Big day medium heat you to use up leftover turkey or chicken scratch... For a minute or two and drain be used instead of half-and-half Casserole is perfect a. Leaf and turkey fridge is full of leftover turkey after Thanksgiving is not all that pie, might... Tummy? have on hand for soup emergencies by sight and feel which not... 'S hard to follow the delicious feast you had the day after the holidays, and rotini pasta for... Crisp tortilla spicy turkey leftover soup, shredded green cabbage, and other vegetables days until the Big.! Flavorful, moist, and I would love to hear about your own leftover soup as as! Tetrazzini is one spicy turkey leftover soup my favorite things to make and it ’ s ready in once... Soup we prepare by sight and feel which does not require an additional trip to store... Up on cold winter days personally eat it any time `` an Authentic rural Mexican dish usually prepared with,! Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly thickened for up to 3 months to have on for...