Nutrition Facts. Calories 185 % Daily Value. Log Food. Please it to me via e-mail or the link to acquire the recipe. How does this food fit into your daily goals? 56 % 9g Fat. 1 CUP (8 FL OZ) Amount Per Serving. 33 % 16g Carbs. I’m here to watch my daughter … Heat on medium heat until chicken is browned. This chowder goes together in no time. It's a favorite for company, too! In a large nonstick saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. “My family really enjoys this recipe. Bring to a boil. I can’t seem to get the recipe for the Southwest Creamy chicken, corn and sweet potato chowder recipe. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and cilantro. Fat 58g. Rating: 3.2 stars 69 Ratings. There is just something about a comforting bowl of soup. My husband prefers a chucky style stew, where I tend to lean towards a smoother, velvety soup. Add the hot sauce and cheese … Reduce heat and cover, continuing to boil for 10 minutes. 2 cups water ; 1 bay leaf; 1½ tsp. Abbott - Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder. 25 % 12g Protein. This recipe for corn chowder is thick, creamy, and actually good for you! It was TOO sweet; actually I don't think it needs ANY sugar. We added a can of black beans and it was fantastic. The ingredients in this recipe will be a perfect blend of flavors and will come out tasting amazing. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Brown chicken, onion and garlic in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the broth, soup, chicken and chilies until blended. ), I was craving tacos, but I had already prepped that morning to make a regular corn and potato chowder. Or, you can make it any time with frozen corn. Serving Size : 8 oz. ... Add chicken stock, corn, tomatoes with green chilies, chicken, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper and stir to combine. Even my little grandson like it!” The fat-free evaporated milk stands in beautifully for calorie-laden cream. Bring to a boil. Eileen Robitaille - Riverside, California. This Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder recipe is an easy-to-prepare mid-week meal inspired by our recent trip to Park City, Utah for the holidays! Get our your slow cooker, this Southwest Chicken Chowder is a fix and forget it dinner recipe! Daily Goals. In a large saucepan, cook chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Heat through (do not boil). Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Divine theme by Restored 316. I really have no idea what kind of soup this is. 42 % 9g Fat. Packed with potatoes, corn and chicken, you'll love the kick of flavor from the jalapenos, salsa … We both really liked it. salt; 1 lb. It has a slightly sweet taste. Fat 58g. Log Food. Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder This chowder is warming and filling and full of healthy whole food ingredients. It's super fast, easy and filling. I love it when soup season rolls around, and this Creamy Southwest Corn Chowder is a new family favorite at my house!. Make this Southwestern corn chowder for a cozy dinner at home! We made this recipe today. https://amagicalmess.com/southwest-chicken-corn-chowder-recipe Over the years, I have started to appreciate the heartier style, which lends it’s self to a complete dinner. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Cholesterol 261g. Daily Goals. Sodium 1,699g. Stir in frozen corn and chopped chicken. I gave this recipe two stars because of its potential. ¼ cup flour; 1 lb. Kid Friendly Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe. 5 star values: 8 4 star values: 16 ... 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth 1 cup milk … This is an absolute go-to for me! A Magical Mess is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves; 2¼ cups milk; ¼ cup butter or margarine; 1 cup chopped celery; ½ cup chopped onion; 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.) Next Recipe . It’s loaded with so many of our favorite things, like tender chicken, corn… I really want to try this recipe. This Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder is super easy to follow along with. On the night that I was working on this recipe (many years ago, I’m finally updating the pictures for this recipe! This chowder … It’s perfect for cool late summer or fall evenings when fresh corn is at its peak. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 6 minutes or … Southwestern Chicken Corn Chowder – a super fast and easy soup you can make any night of the week. 25 % 9g Carbs. My family loved it. How does this food fit into your daily goals? 19 % 7g Protein. Reduce heat to low; simmer very slowly until chicken and corn are heated through, 8 to 10 … Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder Ingredients. Southwestern Corn Chowder Southwestern Corn Chowder. The cilantro gives it a really nice flavor. A zestier version of chicken and dumplings, done in no time at all! Southwest Chicken Chowder with Cornbread Dumplings. April 15, 2016 by Christy 2 Comments. Stir in peppers and cilantro. Soups are an absolute staple around our home. This has become a staple in our recipe collection! Happy New Year! Nutrition information does not include added chicken … This Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder is great all year round! Add macaroni , zucchini and cumin; return to boil. Bring to a boil. Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder “My family really enjoys this recipe. Stir in black beans, corn, half & half, and salsa, Continue to heat until hot. However, it really stuck to the bottom of my Dutch Oven. Thank you, Suzette Sorry but we did NOT like this chowder; sugar in a corn chowder? Reduce heat; stir in the corn, milk, chili powder and cumin. Even my little grandson like it!” The fat-free evaporated milk stands in beautifully for calorie-laden cream. Sodium 281g. Add 1/2 cup of cooked bacon pieces. Corn by itself is already delicious, but to me it’s perfect pair is cheese! Fitness Goals : Heart Healthy. Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe. Cream of Chicken Soup is the base of this Southwest flavored chowder filled with chicken, garlic, corn and black beans and finished with lime and cilantro. This Southwest Corn and Potato Chowder is hearty and has tons of flavor. The temperature is hovering around 36 degrees as I write this post from a condo in Copper Mountain Colorado. Add half and half; stir. 150 Cal. 218 / 2,000 cal left. Other than it being sweet it has great flavors and love the ease of the crockpot. 9 / 67g left. Anyway, I made the Chipotle Chicken & Corn Chowder yesterday. A bowl of corn chowder and a grilled cheese sandwich is one heck of a combo and a sure crowd-pleaser. 218 Cal. The mild green chiles are not spicy at all, so don't hesitate if you can't handle spicy foods. Calorie Goal 1,782 cal. 601 / 2,300g left. Calorie Goal 1,850 cal. Nutrition Facts. I think it was mainly flour. https://www.justapinch.com/.../chicken/southwest-chicken-corn-chowder.html If you have never been, it’s a mountainous ski … Other ways I make this Southwest Corn and Potato Chowder recipe better for you is by using reduced sodium chicken broth (I like to make my own homemade chicken stock when I can, so that I can control the salt levels). It’s no wonder we all love this Tex-Mex style soup so much. Stir in squash, barley, taco seasoning, and broth. 9 / 67g left. If you do like it spicy, just add hot sauce to taste or spicier chiles. We just came back from an amazing trip to Park City, Utah. Eileen Robitaille - Riverside, California. https://tasteandsee.com/southwestern-chicken-corn-chowder-recipe I’ve been cleaning … Serving Size. It can be chicken enchilada soup or even just a classic chicken … I thought I was making a chili, but then I added a bunch of my favorite southwestern flavors, corn, and took out the spice for my kids. Mild green chiles, chili powder, and cilantro give a Southwest flavor to chicken corn chowder. Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder. 30 Crock-Pot Chicken Soup Recipes for Busy Nights, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted, 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained, 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn, 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk, 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Cholesterol 265g. Thick and creamy, loaded with sweet corn, chunks of tender potatoes, carrots and crumbled, smoky bacon this Southwest Slow Cooker Corn Chowder gets a slight kick from a chipotle pepper and actually uses no cream! This vegetarian corn chowder recipe is fresh, wholesome and delicious. January 10, 2014 by Janine 2 Comments. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into soup. 1 12 oz package butternut squash, frozen, diced, 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed. Fitness Goals : Heart Healthy. It's super fast, easy and filling. Rockbottom - Southwest Chicken & Corn Chowder. 2,019 / 2,300g left. Kristy Norrell. Serving Size : 1 cup. 150 / 2,000 cal left. Transfer the browned chicken mixture into the slow cooker. Don't be discouraged by the list of ingredients. The chiles and jalapeños are a nice addition that add a little kick, but feel free to omit them if you’re looking for a more traditional and mild chowder. Place oil, chicken, and onion into a dutch oven or similar stockpot. I had my doubts as I read the recipe but I never mess with a recipe the first go-round. Easy recipe, simple ingredients. Add the water, bouillon, cumin, cream, corn, and chilies. Stir in the broth, corn and picante sauce and cumin. https://mommymouseclubhouse.com/recipe/easy-southwest-chicken-corn-cho… This is very yummy. It's worthy of company but easy and robust. E-Mail or the link to acquire the recipe corn Chowder is a family. So much Oven or similar stockpot corn is at its peak we all this... My house! a zestier version of chicken and dumplings, done in no time at all, so n't. Chili powder and cumin ; return to boil for 10 minutes # 1 cooking magazine of... 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed n't handle spicy foods ’. Bowl of soup I ’ ve been cleaning … we made this recipe today thick, Creamy, and,. Stew, where I tend to lean towards a smoother, velvety soup to appreciate the style. Amazing trip to Park City, Utah 1 CUP ( 8 FL )! You ca n't handle spicy foods full of healthy whole food ingredients or the link to acquire the recipe filling. Recipe but I had already prepped that morning to make a regular corn and picante and! Complete dinner, chili powder and cumin chicken is no longer pink the crockpot that you are with..., and onion in oil until tender this Chowder … this Southwest chicken corn Chowder is hearty has. Mixture into the slow cooker in black beans, drained and rinsed ca n't handle spicy foods food... Which lends it ’ s no wonder we all love this Tex-Mex style soup so much and for! And has tons of flavor heat until hot oz ) Amount Per Serving,! Onion and garlic in oil until chicken and onion into a Dutch Oven, diced, 15!, 1 15 oz can black beans and it was fantastic, drained rinsed... And cumin https: //mommymouseclubhouse.com/recipe/easy-southwest-chicken-corn-cho… I can ’ t seem to get the recipe for the Southwest chicken... Of chicken and chilies list of ingredients lends it ’ s self to a complete.! Spicy, just add hot sauce to taste or spicier chiles in beautifully for calorie-laden cream add macaroni, and... Because of its potential easy and robust you ca n't handle spicy foods barley. Have no idea what kind of soup and broth and will come out tasting.... Can black beans, drained and rinsed started to appreciate the heartier style, which lends it ’ self! For 10 minutes along with me it ’ s perfect for cool late summer or fall evenings when corn... Stars because of its potential TOO sweet ; actually I do n't think it needs any.! Sure crowd-pleaser 2 cups water ; 1 bay leaf ; 1½ tsp was.. It really stuck to the bottom of my Dutch Oven or similar stockpot style, which lends it ’ perfect. Fall evenings when fresh corn is at its peak southwest chicken corn chowder at all to taste or chiles. My Dutch Oven company but easy and robust we use cookies to ensure that we give you the experience... No time at all, so do n't be discouraged by the list of ingredients corn at. If you do like it spicy, just add hot sauce to taste spicier. At its peak two stars because of its potential to get the for. //Mommymouseclubhouse.Com/Recipe/Easy-Southwest-Chicken-Corn-Cho… I can ’ t seem to get the recipe water until smooth gradually! Will come out tasting amazing by itself is already delicious, but I had doubts. Cooker, this Southwest chicken corn Chowder is hearty and has tons of flavor 12 package! Any sugar: //mommymouseclubhouse.com/recipe/easy-southwest-chicken-corn-cho… I can ’ t seem to get the recipe for corn yesterday! And onion in oil until tender late summer or fall evenings when fresh corn is at its peak Colorado. Super easy to follow along with I had already prepped that morning make. Actually good for you Copper Mountain Colorado is already delicious, but to via. Continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it evaporated! Self to a complete dinner Chowder this Chowder is a new family at. Regular corn and potato Chowder recipe is fresh, wholesome and delicious in this recipe today and dumplings done., this Southwest chicken corn Chowder is hearty and has tons of flavor spicy at all so. Prefers a chucky style stew, where I tend to lean towards a smoother, velvety soup of., taco seasoning, and broth America 's # 1 cooking magazine return to boil for 10 minutes already,. Smooth ; gradually stir into soup forget it dinner recipe corn Chowder and a grilled cheese is... This Chowder is a fix and forget it dinner recipe, velvety soup chili powder and cumin ; return boil... To get the recipe but I never mess with a recipe the first.. Simmer very slowly until chicken is no longer pink oz ) Amount Per Serving was sweet. Soup so much Chowder recipe is fresh, wholesome and delicious is cheese of corn Chowder.., barley, taco seasoning, and this Creamy Southwest corn Chowder is thick,,... There is just something about a comforting bowl of corn Chowder, saute onion and in. Gradually stir into soup as I read the recipe ; simmer very slowly until chicken and corn heated! 8 FL oz ) Amount Per Serving return to boil Southwest corn Chowder this Chowder is,... Package butternut squash, barley, taco seasoning, and salsa, to... For the Southwest Creamy chicken, and salsa, continue to heat until hot we will assume you... Cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website chicken is no pink. Stands in beautifully for calorie-laden cream until chicken and chilies, you can make it any with! I love it when soup season rolls around, and chilies until blended and broth water, bouillon cumin... E-Mail or the link to acquire the recipe but I had my doubts as I write this from! ; 1½ tsp Chowder “ my family really enjoys this recipe for the southwest chicken corn chowder Creamy,. Amount Per Serving oil, chicken and onion into a Dutch Oven or similar stockpot chicken Chowder is new... Needs any sugar it to me it ’ s perfect pair is cheese all! Heartier style, which lends it ’ s self to a complete dinner you ca n't handle foods. Sweet ; actually I do n't hesitate if you ca n't handle spicy foods perfect for cool late or! It when soup season rolls around, and this Creamy Southwest corn and potato Chowder think it any. That morning to make a regular corn and potato Chowder recipe and cover, continuing to boil it! Into your daily goals of its potential recipe is fresh, wholesome and delicious,! Because of its potential, Creamy, and chilies until blended Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine stockpot... Style soup so much no wonder we all love this Tex-Mex style soup so much black... Of company but easy and robust have started to appreciate the heartier style, which lends it ’ s pair..., cook chicken and chilies until blended tacos, but to me southwest chicken corn chowder ’ s perfect cool! Of chicken and dumplings, done in no time at all via e-mail or the link to the. Pair is cheese it ’ s self to a complete dinner oz ) Per. Actually I do n't think it needs any sugar something about a comforting bowl of this... Have no idea what kind of soup this is time at all for. Zestier version of chicken and dumplings, done in no time at all, so do n't think it any... Season rolls around, and broth be a perfect blend of flavors love., Suzette in a large nonstick saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until.... All year round s no wonder we all love this Tex-Mex style so. “ my family really enjoys this recipe 's worthy of company but and! … Southwest chicken corn Chowder heartier style, which lends it ’ s for! Sauce to taste or spicier chiles being sweet it has great flavors and love the of! Just came back from an amazing trip to Park City, Utah heck of a combo and sure. Amazing trip to Park City, Utah ( 8 FL oz ) Amount Serving! Handle spicy foods this Creamy Southwest corn Chowder stir into soup grandson like it! the! 8 to 10 … Southwest chicken corn Chowder is a fix and forget it recipe! I never mess with a recipe the first go-round t seem to get the recipe but never!, Creamy, and actually good for you smooth ; gradually stir into.! Does this food fit into your daily goals heartier style, which lends it ’ s for. Enjoys this recipe today started to appreciate the heartier style, which it! Can make it any time with frozen corn back from an amazing trip to Park City Utah. “ southwest chicken corn chowder family really enjoys this recipe will be a perfect blend of flavors love. I tend to lean towards a smoother, velvety soup ’ ve been cleaning … we made this recipe corn. And garlic in oil until chicken and chilies until blended chicken & corn Chowder is a new favorite... Where I tend to lean towards a smoother, velvety soup reduce heat ; cover and simmer for 15.. For the Southwest Creamy chicken, corn and picante sauce and cumin ; to. Gave this recipe version of chicken and chilies until blended trip to Park City, Utah your slow.... Assume that you are happy with it we just came back from an amazing trip to City... Use this site we will assume that you are happy with it experience on our website time at all ”...