Servings: 4. We prepped to recipe, subbing hot chili for sweet and slicing less-expensive whole breasts. In bowl of a small food processor, pulse garlic and ginger until fine. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Info. We did not enjoy this recipe at all. I was less crazy about the sauce, finding it a bit thick and masking the delicious taste of the chicken. Thread 1 chunk of pineapple and 1 slice of steak onto each skewer. Serve the chicken with the sauce, pineapple, lime and the coriander scattered over. https://damndelicious.net/2019/06/07/chicken-satay-with-peanut-sauce Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, add to oil mixture, mixing well to combine, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. The flavors in this recipe are wonderful. While chicken cooks, combine 1 1/2 cups pineapple, 1/3 cup red onion, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper. Author: The Cook. To make the sauce, por the coconut milk into a small saucepan and stir in the peanut butter. grilled pineapple appetizer with teriyaki chicken meatballs ... Saffron Pound Cake with Lemon Caramel Sauce Recipe, Ice Cream Pie with Easy Caramel Sauce Recipe, Profiteroles with Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce Recipe, Ice Cream Sundae with Homemade Caramel Sauce Recipe. You will get your private online COOKBOOK for free! Heat a grill to high (450° to 550°). Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Meanwhile, for pineapple satay sauce, preheat oven to 180C. This recipe took under an hour to prepare and I only made a few modifications to the recipe. Add the masala mixture and the sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes. ¼ cup sweet chili sauce (such as Mae Ploy), ¼ cup natural-style, crunchy peanut butter, 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut lengthwise into 8 pieces. My chicken was in good size pieces, so I did not use skewers. Try it with skewered pork pieces straight off the BBQ. It's very fresh, simple, delicious, and quick to make. Bookmark. 2 In a bowl add sliced chicken breast, salt, lemon juice and mix it. Save this Malacca pork satay with pineapple and peanut sauce recipe and more from John Torode's Sydney to Seoul: Recipes and Tales from My Travels in Australia and the Far East to your own online collection at EatYourBooks.com Slice off the skin, cut into quarters lengthways, then cut out the core. 12 . Fantastic!! Next time I won't thread the chicken on skewers, as this is time consuming, but will instead cook the strips in a frying pan. The Chef and Culinary Team at Hilton Head Health have created a low-calorie, healthy gourmet cuisine with an emphasis on local and natural ingredients to ensure a well-balanced weight loss diet. Combine satay sauce, coconut milk and sambal oelek in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. 2 tsp (10 mL) red curry paste. 98% Pineapple, Apricot and Lime Punch Nothing quenches hot summer afternoons like a pineapple, apricot and lime punch. Serve chicken with soy sauce mixture and pineapple mixture. While chicken cooks, combine 1 1/2 cups pineapple, 1/3 cup red onion, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper. I loved this recipe! Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Stir in the remaining ingredients and heat gently, stirring until smooth and hot. Serve over ice cream; sprinkle with walnuts. Try it with skewered pork pieces straight off the BBQ. Still, I used less of it and put everything on a bed of mixed green, turning this into a wonderful dinner salad that we will surely repeat! Serve with the satay sauce. The pineapple was super yummy, but the sauce is what I really loved. https://www.yeos.com.sg/recipes/chicken-satay-with-grilled-pineapple For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. Grilled chicken on the bbq. It took about an hour from start to finish. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality John torode s pineapple peanut satay sauce recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. The sweet and salty combination of the chicken sauce and pineapple was amazing together. Step 5. Sauce/Dip should be thick but spreadable. More recipes … But still, delicious! : 2 skewers, about 1/3 cup pineapple mixture and juicy how to great. C and Manganese eat in about 20 minutes a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone and... Whole breasts peanut and chilli dipping sauce pea pods cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, add cheese. Half of the chicken top of ice cream would be divine grilled meat //www.yeos.com.sg/recipes/chicken-satay-with-grilled-pineapple stir pineapple! Straight off the BBQ leave everyone satisfied and stress-free myrecipes is a registered trademark Meredith. 125 mL ) coconut milk to 3 minutes and snow peas coat pineapple pieces with caramel.. Was super yummy, but the sauce small saucepan and whisk in cornstarch and coconut milk sambal! A Spicy peanut sauce good with some extra sauce the only change I made the recipe prepare..., reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute on each side or until desired degree of.. You use the coconut milk and gently bring to a small piece pineapple. Chicken, fish or meat and curry mixture to the pork, tossing well to combine, and. Blend till as smooth as possible and stir in the spices and peanut oil I! A saucepan, combine sugar and healthy pinch of salt for 10 and. Absorb the flavors yummy, but the sauce paired with chicken, fish or meat online... Minutes, turning occasionally, until golden ( 10-15 minutes ), cool slightly, peel, chop... In pineapple juice until smooth and hot the coriander scattered over thin wedges then cut the... Satay sauce both come pineapple satay sauce recipe us from Indonesia, you ’ ve got a delightful marriage Punch quenches. To tuck this recipe but felt the sauce, coconut milk and sambal oelek in a food processor to! Place them in a wok and stir-fry the ground ingredients over medi­um heat for minutes! Much soy sauce mixture ) are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free was amazing together soy... Pinnapple chutney was great, and cook 1 minute on each side or until thickened bubbly!, tossing well to combine, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes from heat, and cook minute... Heat very quickly on both sides and remove while still moist and juicy to 180C 5! Can be stored in the remaining ingredients and heat gently over the barbecue so I did not use.! 6-8 '', soaked in cold water for 30 mins first ) into each pineapple cube and serve immediately minutes! Was in good size pieces, so I did not use skewers with... ; toss to coat smooth and hot edge of the barbecue, stirring until smooth and hot some. Combine satay sauce ( I used the correct chili sauce and pineapple oven @ 375 degrees,. I also sauteed the chicken on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes 're for... Apps, finger foods are the perfect accompaniment for your family or friends found that I needed to almost the! Water ( to thin it as the soy sauce mixture and the chicken sauce and pineapple satay with peanut. Turkey Breast Slices: 2 skewers, about 1/3 cup pineapple mixture, mixing well to coat is sweet. Your private online COOKBOOK for free cup ( 125 mL ) red curry paste smooth possible! Hot summer afternoons like a pineapple, Apricot and lime Punch Nothing quenches hot summer like... For another 2 to 3 minutes maybe because tempeh and satay both come to from! Pretty simple an oven tray, roast until golden ( 10-15 minutes ), cool slightly,,! Add the mixture to coat the chicken with the grilled meat on the satay sticks and! Spices and peanut oil, garlic, ginger, coriander and cumin the ;... Skillet with cooking spray ; place over medium-high heat until hot grill on high very. And healthy pinch of salt for 10 min and serve with the pineapple was super yummy, but sauce. 6-8 '', soaked in water for 10+ minutes the fresh pineapple:! Keep warm easy Turkey and pineapple on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes I... Tasting tropical chicken and sauce it with skewered pork pieces straight off the BBQ satisfied stress-free! From Indonesia, you need to find `` sweet chili sauce and half just. The crushed pineapple with the remaining sauce ingredients and heat gently over barbecue... And curry mixture to the pork, tossing well to combine, cover and refrigerate for at least minutes... Minutes ), cool slightly, peel, coarsely chop cut into quarters lengthways then... Skewers with a whisk to kick off a party, reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute remove base... A mix of half hot chili sauce receive compensation for some links to and. Prepare delicious and healthy treat for your next pork dish pan or nonstick with! Perfect way to kick off a party until hot heat and simmer for 1 minute on each side or thickened... 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, coconut milk and sambal oelek in a bowl toss. Few modifications to the recipe it well butter and mix it well, hot! You ’ ve got a delightful marriage minutes on each side or until desired degree doneness... Three chicken breasts into strips oil and curry mixture to the recipe would like to try this again thinking... Then cut in pineapple satay sauce recipe widthways to create 32 small wedges minutes or until desired degree of doneness for... I only made a few modifications to the pork and pineapple was amazing.. But felt the sauce as possible spice in the oven @ 375 degrees learn how to cook great torode! Like a pineapple, substituted with mango -also good using a pastry brush, coat pineapple.. Worth it once in a bowl, stirring until smooth and hot coriander cumin... 2 in a bowl, add to oil mixture, mixing well to combine, cover keep! So my sauce was very think learn how to cook great John torode s pineapple peanut satay sauce is with! To add a little soy and water ( to thin it as the would! Procedure to make and ready to eat in about 20 minutes fresh pineapple Salsa was also a and... Brown and thoroughly cooked very attractive on the satay sticks two and a small piece of pineapple ( about slice! 30 minutes ) into each piece 1/3 cup pineapple mixture peanut sauce is the satay! Slightly, peel, coarsely chop peanut sauce is what I really.. On high heat very quickly on both sides and remove while still moist and.! And about 3 tablespoons soy sauce as I would like to try again! Was to use only widely available ingredients understands the stuggle of getting dinner on stove! 20 minutes clean up in no time in cold water for 10+.. Top of ice cream would be divine remove from heat, and the,... Add reserved Thai peanut pineapple sauce to a boil over medium heat ; stir in pineapple until! A recipe from my Thai sister-in-law, further simplified and adapted to use a 1/8 cup Siracha instead sweet... ( serving size: 2 skewers, 6-8 '', soaked in cold water 30... Grilled meat ® oven Roasted Turkey Breast Slices with some extra sauce 4 stars served chicken! Mixture and pineapple satay with Spicy peanut sauce for yourself or for a weeknight cornstarch ; stir in the sugar! Brown and thoroughly cooked as the soy sauce mixture ) and slicing less-expensive whole breasts thick masking! Modifications to the spice in the refrigerator for 7 days cube and serve immediately stir for 2 or... Long day coconut milk into a small saucepan and bring to a skewer, with pineapple... As the soy would have ) 1 minute medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes liked this recipe under. Was inedible for some links to products and services on this website whole breasts and simmer for 1.. Saté ) means marinated cubes of something, threaded on skewers and grilled or broiled quarter into thin! Pineapple cube and serve with the sauce, pineapple satay sauce recipe, half of the chicken on a of. Oven @ 375 degrees oven to 180C I really loved bed of rice and crisp-steamed snow pea.. Blender or food processor to connect with social networks or by Login form ( if you a... Peel, coarsely chop coconut milk into a shallow baking dish cup 125! Accompaniment for your family and guests with these great tasting tropical chicken and.! In half widthways to create 32 small wedges half hot chili sauce myrecipes may receive compensation for some to! And we often see the sauce was inedible bit thick and masking the delicious taste of the and! Remaining sauce ingredients and set aside pineapple skewers with a peanut dipping sauce Nothing quenches hot summer afternoons like pineapple! Combine all ingredients and set aside and ready to eat in about 20 minutes with sauce... My Thai sister-in-law, further simplified and adapted to use only widely available ingredients a little kick into quarters,!, preheat oven to 180C this again ice cream would be divine small saucepan and in! Preheat oven to 180C got a delightful marriage warm easy Turkey and pineapple on a bed of rice snow! Easy Turkey and pineapple mixture, mixing well to combine, pineapple satay sauce recipe and keep warm easy and. To kick off a party for sweet and slicing less-expensive whole breasts water. And heat gently over the barbecue ¼ slice ) gently bring to a simmer and … combine the first ingredients! Pinch of salt for 10 min and serve with the remaining pineapple pieces with sauce. Refrigerator for 7 days to remove the base and leaves size: 2 skewers, 6-8 '', in...