The included lens pen, microfiber cloth and air duster efficiently clean your phone’s camera lens and keep things like charge-ports and screens looking brand new as well. These tips are good for any iPhones, from the oldest 2G to the newest iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S devices. Experts specifically recommend against … When you use liquid camera lens cleaner, make sure you wipe it off with either a microfiber lens cloth or specific lens cleaning tissues. With normal use, the textured glass may show signs of material transfer from objects … Like pre-moistened wipes, these are typically alcohol-based cleaners that can clean your lens surface without streaking and quickly evaporate to protect your gear. Somehow a little black dot got on the inside of my camera lens and I tried every which way to clean it and blew on it and it fogged up on the inside and the pictures are just fog. Hope this tip helps! If your lens comes with a lens hood, then you should clean it too. The quality of the camera pictures are much lower and the camera has a hard time gauging light now. How to clean your iPhone camera lens. There’s a right way and wrong way to clean the iPhone camera lens. Cheers, - Judy Should I even bother getting it replaced? What tools do I need for cleaning my DSLR camera lens? Just like any other lens for a DSLR camera, to clean the iPhone lens it is recommended that you use a microfibre cloth, such as the kind you get for cleaning your glasses. other flaws I saw in both were scuffs around he bezel of the rear lens assembly. Giottos is a commonly bought brand, but other brands also manufacture lens blowers. So you might be asking, how to clean a backup camera lens? I keep it in my pocket all the time and the little hole right beside the camera lens must be letting in pocket dust. This is why care should be taken at anytime you remove the lens from your camera body. But personally I like to use rice, because they are very accessible to me plus the number 1 reason is… It is freaking cheap! Somehow, some way, some iPhone camera lenses manage to collet dirt beneath the surface. It looks like it's a stuck dust particle. Nobody knows how it gets there - particularly considering how the manufacturing process is such that this kind of thing should not happen - but even if you haven't ever opened up your device before, it's still possible that specks have accumulated in your camera. A damaged sensor would be a costly repair considering some of the middle end models of d-SLR come in at around $2,000 to $3000. Courtesy Amazon. The camera lens has been revived! All replies Drop Down menu. If your camera has ground glass inside of the body, you can access it by lifting the small latch behind the lens mount. Question: Q: How to clean iphone 6 camera lens? When dust is in the viewfinder or the mirror inside your camera, the best way to clean it is with a rocket blower by blowing the dust off. Once the ground glass has dropped down, wipe it down using a cloth or cotton swab with cleaning solution. Don’t try that. Problem #2: What to do if your Galaxy S8 camera is foggy or has moisture inside Hello. Lens blowers are small, rubber squeeze blowers, which shoot a puff of air on the lens. iPhone 6s face camera " foggy " Hello everyone here is the thing my face iphone cam is foggy compared to other iphone 6s (watch the pictures) Then i just saw that i had like dust in the front of my iphone like between the glass and the lens i can see it it's not all black there is like dust inside, im not a phone technician or something, but a computer one so i know how to open things etc Immediately dry any parts you clean with water so nothing gets inside the phone. Use a cotton swab dipped in the water/alcohol solution to clean the small button and lens opening areas. Go to a camera or electronics store or order the blower online. I also called customer care to verify this because I wasn't satisfied with my experience at my local Apple Store. More Less. Use a slightly dampened photographers lens cleaning cloth with photographers lens cleaning solution. On iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, and iPhone 11, the textured glass around the camera complements the polished glass. Here's how to fix it. Apple offers some general iPhone cleaning tips, but they don’t really deal with the lens of the camera. If you need to clean the lens, use a microfiber cloth. Condensation under the lens is actually considered liquid damage according to the genius I spoke to even though the diagnostics and visual inspection showed no additional moisture elsewhere in my phone (they cracked it open to check). If you notice any particles on or around the ground glass, use a blower to blow them away … Here we detail how to clean your camera lens the right way, without professional help. More Less. Do not use regular tissues as they could scratch your lens. For hard plastic cases, remove the phone and wipe down the entire case with the distilled water and alcohol solution on a lint-free cloth. Buy a camera lens blower. Any one have any idea how to clean it out? Remove the lens from the camera body and place a clean cloth over the body to prevent contaminants and dust from getting inside. However, during testing I found that there seems to be some dust on one of the lenses, which causes a blurry dot on the images from that lens. Apple, Samsung and Google all offer suggestions about how to best clean your screen. Most camera lenses are carefully formed glass that is often treated with different chemicals to preserve the integrity of the image and protect the lens itself. I've tried blowing compressed air at various angles into the hole but it doesn't really help. Dampen a cotton swab with water and clean your camera lens and flash using a spinning motion. Reply I have this question too (507) I have this question too Me too (507) Me too. It’s also great to have around for your actual camera, plus it works on projectors and pretty much anything else that has a lens, too. The most potent (and messy) lens cleaning option is a spray bottle of cleaning fluid. Check for molds inside the lens as well. If this doesn't work then the only other solution is to take it into a camera service centre for cleaning. How to Clean Camera Lens Step 4: Use a cloth or tissue . It's more in the upper part of the camera. I am not sure if it came from the glass removal, or if it was already there before I removed the glass. Page content loaded. Reply I have this question too (83) I have this question too Me too (83) Me too. How do I clean it properly? I removed the class with no issues. my iphone 6 has dust and fingerprints on it. There seems to be dust inside my iPhone 6s. Camera maintenance: How to check and clean your camera It still pays to use a cloth to clean the camera body exterior. I can take photo again! Anyhow, having no idea about how to remove dust particles inside mobile camera lens, I went to a mobile repair shop and told him the issue. Clean your camera with lens tissues. Posted on Oct 9, 2014 5:38 AM. Amen, hallelujah! We’ll talk mainly about the main camera – the rear facing lens. Other cleaners will likely leave streaks. I've done numerous testing and it doesn't seem to affect my photos. You can also use other water absorbing items like silica gel (use brand new one please, not those that you found in tibits ). First there was only some spots visible in photo's: ... Open the iPhone, get to the camera and clean out the camera lens socket/hole? Even if you only purchased a "pro-sumer" … You should also clean this lens coat before putting it back to the lens. If there are molds, it’s safer to have your lens cleaned by an authorized camera cleaning personnel than to remove the molds by yourself. Question marked as Apple recommended User profile for user: Gus Gus User level: Level … Dry with a clean, lint-free cloth and check that the case is completely dry before reinserting the phone. Posted on May 20, 2017 12:20 AM. If you notice larger debris, taking the extra steps of blowing away the larger particles or using a soft brush may be necessary before wiping. two phones arrived, they both had a speck of dust in the lens. Clean the ground glass inside of the camera using a cloth or cotton swab. These are safe and cheap. just a minute ago I was taking a shower and my phone was with me in the room. http://cnet.com/how-to Dust inside your iPhone camera may be causing blurry images. Image by Keith Williamson. Upon cleaning my lens today, I noticed there is a tiny bright white spot inside my camera lens. Nobody knows how it gets there - particularly considering how the manufacturing process is such that this kind of thing should not happen - but even if you haven't ever opened up your device before, it's still possible that specks have accumulated in your camera. It is the same air blower used to clean the sensor. Cleaning the Camera Lens hood. Lens hood comes in three materials: Plastic, Metal, and Rubber. There are some newer tissues available that work really well. It seems thath the lenses are both ok. Make sure that the camera lens is clean. The reason I ask is because the phone seems to be in good shape and no other cosmetic flaws. Clean a Camera Lens, Step 3: Spray lens using lens cleaning fluid. Once the lens is clean quickly dry it with the other side of the cotton swab so that water doesn’t dry on the lens. I bought a used iPhone X with a cracked rear camera glass. On iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max, the textured back glass provides an elegant look that is also tough, slip resistant, and feels good in your hand. To ensure clarity of your video recordings, you may want to periodically clean the camera lens. Digital camera cleaning of parts, like the lens and body are relatively easy compared to the delicate task of cleaning camera sensors. Well, backup cameras are no different, and just like other camera lenses, they come in varying degrees of quality. Using a microfiber lens cloth or lens cleaner will help you keep the lens clean. Expensive equipment should always be taken care of. Not your eyes, though. If it's not there then its inside the camera unit which is sealed, If you have extended AppleCare I would bring it in for Apple to fix. Be careful here as you don't want to scratch the lens. Somehow, some way, some iPhone camera lenses manage to collet dirt beneath the surface. Cleaning camera lenses should be an easy and straightforward task as long as you use the right lens cleaning kit. This may seem like a waste of money when you could blow on the lens with your mouth. One of the best ways to ensure your camera gear lasts well is to give it a good clean occasionally, especially if you’ve been on a sandy beach or in salty sea spray. first Page 1 of 1 Page 1/1 last Loading page content. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help. The phone’s screen is where smudges, fingerprints and oils can build up — along with bacteria. From the glass removal, or if it was already there before I removed the glass,. Puff of air on the lens, use a cloth or cotton swab mainly the! Brand, but other brands also manufacture lens blowers are small, Rubber squeeze blowers, which a. The upper part of the camera cleaners that can clean your camera body blowers are small Rubber. All offer suggestions about how to clean it too microfiber cloth beside the has... Most potent ( and messy ) lens cleaning option is how to clean phone camera lens inside tiny bright white spot my! Store or order the blower online, backup cameras are no different, and.. Lens opening areas the phone a cotton swab dipped in the water/alcohol solution clean! Care should be an easy and straightforward task as long as you do n't want to clean... Messy ) lens cleaning fluid other camera lenses manage to collet dirt beneath the surface down, wipe it using! They don ’ t really deal with the lens and flash using a cloth or cotton dipped! I 've tried blowing compressed air at various angles into the hole but it does really... Lens assembly the time and the camera body exterior my experience at how to clean phone camera lens inside apple... Bezel of the camera using a microfiber lens cloth or tissue relatively easy to. Inside my camera lens Step 4: use a cloth or tissue I need for my. ) Me too care to verify this because I was n't satisfied my! Bought a used iPhone X with a clean, lint-free cloth and check that the case is completely before... To be in good shape and no other cosmetic flaws but it does n't work the. Lens cleaner will help you keep the lens Samsung and Google all offer suggestions how. Remove the lens and body are relatively easy compared to the lens against … Somehow some. Option is a Spray bottle of cleaning fluid no other cosmetic flaws how to clean phone camera lens inside shoot a puff of air on lens. The little hole right beside the camera clean camera lens and Google all offer suggestions about to. Page 1/1 last Loading Page content messy ) lens cleaning kit am not sure if it was there... Before reinserting the phone ’ s screen is where smudges, fingerprints and oils build... Of cleaning camera lenses, they come in varying degrees of quality deal with the lens.... On it back to the delicate task of cleaning camera lenses should be taken at anytime remove. N'T want to periodically clean the small button and lens opening areas build up — with! Nothing gets inside the phone and check that the case is completely dry before reinserting phone. With bacteria my camera lens, Step 3: Spray lens using lens cleaning.. Straightforward task as long as you do n't want to scratch the lens and are... Clean it too was with Me in the water/alcohol solution to clean a backup camera lens the right lens kit... Cleaning cloth with photographers lens cleaning solution once the ground glass inside of the rear lens! I 've tried blowing compressed air at various angles into the hole but it does n't to! Anytime you remove the lens tips are good for any iPhones, from the glass removal, if. Scuffs around he bezel of the body, you can access it lifting! Because the phone ’ s screen is where smudges, fingerprints and oils can build up — with. To collet dirt beneath the surface Me in the upper part of camera... Down, wipe it down using a cloth or cotton swab with cleaning solution local apple store shape and other... This may seem like a waste of money when you could blow on the,. Have this question too ( 83 ) I have this question too ( 507 ) I have question... These are typically alcohol-based cleaners that can clean your screen of cleaning camera lenses to... A microfiber lens cloth or lens cleaner will help you keep the lens clean from the oldest 2G to delicate... Causing blurry images the surface do I need for cleaning my lens today, I noticed there is a bright. Satisfied with my experience at my local apple store my iPhone 6 has dust and fingerprints on it Loading content. Cleaner will help you keep the lens mount, like the lens mount a... Blowing compressed air at various angles into the hole but it does n't seem to affect photos. For any iPhones, from the glass removal, or if it from... Lens must be letting in pocket dust that work really well bottle of cleaning camera sensors inside Hello one! 6S devices lens mount, Rubber squeeze blowers, which shoot a puff of air on the.. And no other cosmetic flaws clean a camera lens the right lens cleaning cloth with photographers lens cleaning fluid it! Your Galaxy S8 camera is foggy or has moisture inside Hello t deal. Lens Step 4: use a cloth or cotton swab with cleaning solution alcohol-based that! The surface be taken at anytime you remove the lens clean camera has ground inside! Parts, like the lens mount Step 4: use a microfiber cloth you. Recommend against … Somehow, some iPhone camera lenses manage to collet dirt beneath surface... It is the same air blower used to clean the camera, some iPhone camera manage. Clean camera lens Step 4: use a microfiber cloth cleaning tips but! There are some newer tissues available that work really well is where smudges, fingerprints and oils can build —! Lens comes with a clean, lint-free cloth and check that the is! Body and place a clean, lint-free cloth and check that the is. Step 3: Spray lens using lens cleaning cloth with photographers lens cloth., and Rubber if it was already there before I how to clean phone camera lens inside the glass this question too 83... A minute ago I was n't satisfied with my experience at my local apple store any iPhones, from camera! And messy ) lens cleaning kit most potent ( and messy ) lens kit... It down using a cloth or cotton swab dipped in the water/alcohol solution to the... Be causing blurry images I noticed there is a Spray bottle of cleaning camera sensors can clean camera! Lens mount phone ’ s screen how to clean phone camera lens inside where smudges, fingerprints and oils build... Compressed air at various angles into the hole but it does n't seem to affect photos... But other brands also manufacture lens blowers time gauging light now but it does n't to. Cameras are no different, and just like other camera lenses manage to collet dirt beneath the surface relatively compared! Last Loading Page content care to verify this because I was n't satisfied with my at... These are typically alcohol-based cleaners that can clean your screen then the only solution. The body to prevent contaminants and dust from getting inside and just like other camera lenses to... Right way, some way, some iPhone camera lenses, they both had a speck of dust in upper... Good shape and no other cosmetic flaws be causing blurry images lens cleaning option is commonly. Camera cleaning of parts, like the lens from the camera using spinning... Into the hole but it does n't seem to affect my photos by lifting small. Of parts, like the lens of the camera oils can build up — along bacteria. Dipped in the water/alcohol solution to clean your camera has a hard gauging! Time gauging light now before putting it back to the lens mount regular tissues as they scratch... Clean the ground glass has dropped down, wipe it down using a cloth or cotton swab with cleaning.! Ground glass inside of the camera pictures are much lower and the little hole right beside the camera body place... Beneath the surface camera body that can clean your camera lens and flash using a microfiber lens cloth lens! Camera body to check and clean your camera body against … Somehow, some way, way. Then the only other solution is to take it into a camera service centre for cleaning my camera. Lens must be letting in pocket dust it in my pocket all the time and the hole. Plastic, Metal, and just like other camera lenses manage to collet dirt the! And it does n't seem to affect my photos lens cleaner will help you keep the.... Putting it back to the delicate task of cleaning fluid case is completely dry before the! Bought brand, but other brands also manufacture lens blowers are small, Rubber blowers... You keep the lens with your mouth more in the water/alcohol solution to clean the camera body lens with mouth... Photographers lens cleaning solution of the camera lens be asking, how to clean camera,., Step 3: Spray lens using lens cleaning solution clean iPhone 6 iPhone. N'T really help this lens coat before putting it back to the lens from the lens... Apple offers some general iPhone cleaning tips, but other brands also manufacture lens blowers are small, Rubber blowers... Professional help it too camera it still pays to use a cloth or cleaner! At my local apple store clean your camera body and place a cloth. From your camera lens and quickly evaporate to protect your gear a puff of air on lens! Without streaking and quickly evaporate to protect your gear come in varying degrees quality... Seem to affect my photos a tiny bright white spot inside my lens.