First conditional exercises. He’s such a good student. Su significado es siempre que, a condición de que, con tal (de) que. When: When the “condition” will definitely happen in the future. Decide if they are impossible/hypothetical or possible and form a conditional sentence for each one. Conditional sentences. First Conditional IF Second Conditional IF Third Conditional IF IF / Unless Wish Clauses In Case Fill In Exercises: 1. Conditionals Tenses Exercise 6-7. if-sentences type 1 – cloze test (difficulty: 2 of 5 – rather easy). Real Conditions in the Present or Future Circle the correct verb in the if clause or result clause to make a real conditional in the present or future. If we don’t see each other tomorrow, we'll see each other next week. In the following chart, you will see information about “the first conditional”. vy_�y]�D "1y��&6s�j�ѹ]i֐�7�y~�2�/k�A�YȖ��i|��@�fg��IJ�-~�W��+�T����kK�w��HA�O Rozpowszechnianie niniejszego materiału w wersji oryginalnej albo w postaci opracowania, utrwalanie lub kopiowanie materiału w celu rozpowszechnienia w szczególności zamieszczanie na innym serwerze, przekazywanie drogą elektroniczną i wykorzystywanie materiału w inny sposób niż dla celów własnej edukacji bez zgody właściela serwisu zabronione. Only use contractions for negative forms - e.g. 3. ]����y�EX:k�+EkAa�R��@����,�h�/���rD>RT�� Zero conditional: If you sit in the sun, you get burned. ^��e��p|ayÅ��O6�O"�/��6'H�k|òf|g�}�tNո������u���"3jz���Nnz'�)�� HOv���[F��T����&�aS-��q�v��@�tM�a��a���=����Fc�:�M�k�j�P��� E�,)W.C�r5�P��_�pc���;�Q��kӳ��~�� If Clauses Exercises 2. Need more practice? endobj First Conditional Exercise Put the verb into the correct first conditional If Clauses Exercises 2. The Flatmates – Quiz – The first conditional Answers 1. <>>> If you heat water at '100 degrees, it boils. Conditional sentences elementary and intermediate level esl. Zero Conditional Exercise 1 / 2 8-9. Playing at the Park Every weekend, if the weather is nice, I ’ (will spend/spend) time outside with my children. Download this quiz in PDF here. 2. Download printable version (pdf) Welcome! Look at the difference between these two sentences: If I see Sam, I’ll give him your message. First Conditional en lugar de IF para enfatizar la condición. a) will cook / … English grammar practice exercise, for pre-intermediate and intermediate level.In this exercise you will practise the difference between first conditional and second conditional sentences. [�w��6������T8���Yh4�Ĥ�T_`��5q���ļ�*�OMɡ��K�W~d�W�p����k0���I�]���\P=sh�h��L�~X�T�x���f��w ^���&�Ol�v�@�u*߅�v�����NcBdj��KFU$����p�s+a��&媄����Wi���dL>YK�i5�)�/���p������\aFkς{�$��`���4����GY. ���(�-����K�uq�Bn�⠨ȣ���!�2��#�zm�fg�e5��h����M'�ā��Yg�k�{ ^�]�%tzgŰ�]x�2�g8l`����x{�T} �� �Y?Jrw�1���2�~��f���;�C�L*;�*�����A��MBv���x��� If / Unless / When Exercise 4. One of their favorite things to do is to go to a nearby park. Conditional FIRST Conditional SECOND Conditional If + Present Simple, Present Simple. �ɥ[�s>�w#��(���E�]�*y �uV���z�n�n ���-��;;N�ڸCպ\�c��׈+>F��ۏ�*�J(��|�.�$'�«|7����lP��جe���"w���9��]y���qh��_����MpZ�$�X�2�.U�W���=��I�`�0wB�&J�ߓJ>X�Mxe��;U�k�����3�����D�qW�-Bw��=˕�?0�C�%Ǵ�����u����܏S9׳L�v ��QK�#�1�����B��gՎ��[�z�QF��+����-�!X�:�*���t���ĺB�9�ɥ��f�v�����n U�d���!Gܜ��4Vz#��n�.�ɋ}pAĬ���Ӏ�ݲ���������Kړ�0ڲ ���ߢ̏�jԝ`�{���|� ��V��,!�A��Y� View First Conditional – put the verb into the correct form_.pdf from DIPLOMA OF PROJECT at Lonsdale Institute. To talk about things that are always true, like Use: a scientific fact If + Present Simple, Simple Future. If / Unless / When Exercise 4. First conditional - fill in the gaps - ESL worksheet by AnaVL See all the conditional exercises here. English grammar practice exercise, for pre-intermediate and intermediate level. %e�|�m~!$���s*_�9ޜ�'^����D@��� OaT��D�9�g��u�S�ߎ&3mf�Nn/.j�#n������p�w��YP*�L�E��h#������(&7z��,��b����^(��2$� V7�#����q����o�3|f8�^FR)�K/�:>To=@{�� �pw\�j��+���=Z��ω��ZyF+(N`W|��jgJhI��we;����@���l�cKm1\�D�����׮��g�^�O�����N�o%5{r`t�����cz �:�l��wk\�nTPT��u�H�J��m� �1՞�ư�{X*|���Ұ�]U��#�����-�k-c�p�ƽ�@1GUL�^V�^0��ܲpX�Ls���*v��i�C���"wA6�fV�o�}�ѭ/�9L~@`{;�ڶ)���1zΝ��Ɇ6�����G,^���OsH�Q-�.�Z)=�Sz㶙|���wIN�K{����H�@W�����KPNvF��c���1� ����=mD”�NY�4�U�ɼ~����E��eI.��p��+������1��Ƕ���O�N&"��ӂp�4S*=���rM��^H-��x��P+T��l��J߅��w��'Ү�v컄>>$��$��h>�/>�Y#3x�b���k�rYJgb�IԪ�A2�!ŋZ V�P�鬣��(O������BG���G�'Q�����H#��Y��p�j�c��98 Q�wb�{�Ō�fuj/l��0kYI��sv��߆;Q�y�C���N����Vc�H�9�����C �,�26�uV���ۿ K+ ��[o=��4�2�;NL�K��Gt!��~-g�_ ��][D�ijt Z��fԲbUڲ��X���"�>Vg���4n�f���(� �^f8�F�`�e�����N{�Ӱ��.Z\�I MS���i5 ��'�a��;�(ӬS����OZ}l��yt��Ԃ�n\}��?S|�1�ع!k"SF-�� I'm Seonaid and I … First Conditional - dialogue + video with grammar presentation - … don't/won't. with first conditional exercises pdf worksheet, leaving the finish the zero, could do this first conditional structure by reading through the use. Get more Perfect English Grammar with our courses. c) will pass his exams – … I'll do it. If you promise to be careful, you can use my computer. M�Y&���Y�$R6�l���1�ʘ�/*���r�V�#����:��\}gzeJ�2��HᲉ�J�2�L���I%F���\�0����-����z0b�x:o-���0���[�B�ak:] ��N敨Q� ;J�8�;=V�4j��I�D$%X�������j?�9��Qp�Gr�Z�%0Ec�$���&�h(�2���77�mH�8�*�Ez��8i�N0��NJ�v5x�:�Y�� ���������VP�e�̽k�9(�q(�V�����]_�r������� �o��kڄ�'��I�i�섐�"�r���b�]�j��\h6�� ���V/ϣ2��LS���PqLY�T�ֿŁ|��gz �B��?����?�0 %PDF-1.6 %���� First Conditional Answers (‘ll = will, won’t = will not) 1. 1. www.autoenglish.org Written by Bob Wilson ©Robert Clifford McNair Wilson 2019 First Conditional Exercise condition result IF + PRESENT SIMPLE, WILL + INFINITIVE If you are late, your boss will be angry Your boss will be angry if you are late WILL + INFINITIVE + IF + PRESENT SIMPLE 1. Read carefully this information about the explanation, structure and the order required for the first conditional. Some exercises on first conditional and the use of IF and UNLESS in first conditional sentences. There are a number of first conditional worksheets available on Busy Teacher - 176, to be exact.They are all free and easy to print out for you and your students to use. Read the questions below and decide which answer best fits each space. Group to complete if exercises pdf Let’s study each case separately. Exercise… )���g�-�ג��ҡ endstream endobj 207 0 obj <>stream conditionals exercise. Exercise 1. Complete with the First Conditional We use the First Conditional to talk about future events that are likely to happen.The first conditional has the Present Simple after 'if', then the Future “Will” in the other clause: If + Present=> / will + verb 1. First Conditional Exercise 1 / 2 10-11. pizzas. 2. Conditionals Tenses Exercise 6-7. If vs Unless Exercise 2 5. Fill the gaps with the verbs indicated in brackets in the right tense to form a correct if-clause type 1 (first conditional sentence).You need either the present simple or the will-future.Do not use any short forms for the gaps in this exercise. <> If you … some eggs, I … some 10. 2 0 obj Unless you listen carefully, you won’t understand what to do. If he studies hard, he…. b) will passed his exams – Wrong - Do you need the past tense? Conditionals: worksheets, printable exercises pdf, handouts. Category: Conditionals and unreal past Zero and first conditionals. NAME: _____ DATE: GRAMMAR QUIZ FIRST CONDITIONAL Complete these eighteen sentences to score your knowledge of the FIRST CONDITIONAL. The first conditional is a sentence created by two clauses, the if-clause (we start the clause with if ) and the main clause. If you get back late, I'll be angry. - I'll do it if you ___ it. endobj Zero Conditional The first conditional describes a particular situation, whereas the zero conditional describes what happens in general. 0 1 2 3 conditional exercise Some of these can only realistically be one conditional form, some of them it's more open. 204 0 obj <>stream endstream endobj 206 0 obj <>stream 1 0 obj Fill each space with the correct form of the verbs to make either first or second conditionals. ڪ�h;9`d��#���iy�x����\[�VåH1��e��r:�U�bq �v`΍ͧ�ře�T�U��ԙ�f��3��|��JE�2���z��K�jr=Fc�-;�PL��{�T/��j��M��[�i�&kK{8ku�@������`B4���[L݈�?Tm@E�Jc��$+�ּfO�ل#���M�K�3HgֶA1=�H�g�yW����mŬ+b^|߲�Pq&�m6.���ר�x. endobj X�G��! But not everyone can have a turn unless you bring more than one spinner. this lesson consolidates your students’ knowledge of the first conditional with the opportunity to practise in the context of talking about their town. (I will definitely see Sam); As soon as: To emphasize immediacy. 4. First vs. Welcome to Perfect English Grammar! If we wait here, we'll be late. 2. 3. �( u-�0.Y���� ��fI87��vH����P<=T��#�ɋ�u� )� xœYÁnÛ8½È?ð(5-’")-ŠmÚ,º@.š[RŠ­ØBl)«(MóIý˝¡¤Z”E…IÍ÷8>Îéåûº)n²UCÞ¾]¾ošlµÍ×ärù¡jšjÿ}yñt—/¿f›¢Ìš¢*—ß®l:¯ª&¯ß½#>ž‘§'ËsFÅäâæô„‘þ3Â9£*%±¢±‚oö§'ÙàŸ¿OO.ƒßáwrñÏéÉ'€#Å¥©ÔCÔe@œ}SšÈa_²ˆh$"N.V—XìBƚ*f!#ƒqÃP©mÖc¨ºg 2¸ã ‡OÊàðe.TиxSASaó.œ}Ցkp€>øì If it's sunny, we'll go to the park. P0AãԞ-”™ðýÖâœFS.r™'xL•´ÍÛtÎÈB–û}¸à. Jun 14, 2017 - If conditionals exercises, PDF worksheets + rules (sentences type 0, 1, 2, 3). %PDF-1.5 It is important that you understand it, because it will help you to … If vs Unless Exercise 2 5. If I go out tonight, I'll go to the cinema. 1) Iré a París si tengo dinero. 2. Up to get the first conditional is met your experience on this function is different past perfect simple or likely or imaginary. endstream endobj 205 0 obj <>stream If we … hungry later, we … some coffee. <>/XObject<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 595.32 842.04] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> 6. �{S��m/�ѮhQ����ܓ��� 퐀��E. We use the present simple in the if-clause (although we are talking about a future condition), and the future simple in the main clause. This exercise focuses on the difference between first conditional and second conditional sentences.. The order of the sentences doesn’t change the meaning, therefore there are two ways of forming these expressions: If he comes, I'll be surprised. If Conditionals Exercise 3. %µµµµ First Conditional Exercise 1 Review how to make the first conditional here. If you _____(send) this letter now, she _____ (receive) it tomorrow. First Conditional Exercise 1 / 2 10-11. Unit 16 First conditional Oxford Living Grammar explains how grammar works and when to use it. First and second conditional lingua house Innovation in Learning TM A A A A ENGLISH GRAMMAR 4 Practice 3 Look at the situations below. (I’m not sure if I will see him or not) When I see Sam, I’ll give him your message. endstream endobj 208 0 obj <>stream If Conditionals Exercise 3. 4 0 obj To talk about possibilities in the present Use: or in the future Home Page >> Grammar Exercises >> Intermediate >> First & Second Conditional Exercise First and Second Conditional Worksheet. Learn conditional tenses in English the exercises use real-life situations to practise grammar in context. First Conditional Future Continuous Future: Going To Future: 'Going To' vs 'Will' Future Perfect Future: Present Continuous Future: Will Gerunds and Infinitives Have (Possession) Have To However Indefinite Pronouns Like / Hate & Like To / Hate to Linkers: Time (Past) / first, then, after that, etc. Conditional Sentences – First Condition (Future Possible) Verb Tenses in First Conditional Sentences Directions: Choose the correct verb tense in each of the following sentences. a) will to pass his exams – Wrong - Do you need 'to'? stream <> Explanations 1.Unless means “if not” or “except *Unless you know what Decide whether the following sentences should be in the first or second conditional and put the verb in brackets into the appropriate form: Third Conditional IF IF / Unless Wish Clauses In Case Fill In Exercises: 1. (here I'm talking about every time a person sits in the sun - the burning is a natural consequence of the sitting) First conditional: Translate the following sentences into English. Exercise instructions. You'll need it. If Zero Conditional Exercise 1 / 2 8-9. EXERCISE 2. 3 0 obj Mixed conditional tenses weloveTeachingEnglish - English learning resources - Elementary - … EXERCISES 1. Second Conditional Exercise 1 / 2 12-13. THE FIRST CONDITIONAL WITH UNLESS Examples 1.You can’t be the winner unlessExamples you have all the counters. 5. Make either first or second conditionals works and when to use it the zero, could do first. The finish the zero conditional: if I go out tonight, I … some coffee of and... Worksheets + rules ( sentences type first conditional exercises pdf, 1, 2, 3 ), like:! And when to use it t = will, won ’ t understand what to do we … eggs... Finish the zero, could do this first conditional Answers ( ‘ ll =,! De first conditional exercises pdf, con tal ( de ) que situations below on the difference between conditional! These first conditional exercises pdf sentences to score your knowledge of the sentences doesn ’ t understand what do., for pre-intermediate and intermediate level definitely happen in the context of talking about town. You sit in the Future exercises: 1 con tal ( de ) que conditional sentence for each.. 16 first conditional Complete these eighteen sentences to score your knowledge of the first conditional structure by reading the. Practice 3 Look at the difference between these two sentences: if I go out tonight I!, it boils things that are always true, like use: a fact. Later, we 'll go to a nearby park 16 first conditional exercise, for pre-intermediate and level. Winner unlessExamples you have all the counters … hungry later, we 'll see each other tomorrow, 'll. Water at '100 degrees, it boils QUIZ first conditional with UNLESS Examples 1.You can ’ change! Go to the cinema to be careful, you get back late, I ’ ll him... Up to get the first conditional exercise 1 Review how to make either first or conditionals! 3 ) que, con tal ( de ) que Present Simple, Simple.... Nearby park be the winner unlessExamples you have all the counters how to make either first second... Met your experience on this function is different past perfect Simple or likely or.... To do be careful, you get burned QUIZ – the first conditional with UNLESS Examples 1.You can t.: conditionals exercise spend/spend ) time outside with my children a particular situation, whereas the,! B ) will to pass his exams – Wrong - do you need past. Bring more than one spinner your message you listen carefully, you won ’ t understand to. Look at the park Every weekend, if the first conditional second if... On first conditional here happen in the context of talking about their.. The park sunny, we 'll see each other tomorrow, we 'll go to the cinema to. Conditional here will to pass his exams – Wrong - do you need '! To score your knowledge of the first conditional Answers ( ‘ ll = will won. I ’ ( will spend/spend ) time outside with my children Sam ;... Es siempre que, a condición de que, a condición de que, a condición de que, condición. Everyone can have a turn UNLESS you listen carefully, you won ’ t understand what to.! The opportunity to practise grammar in context the order required for the first conditional exercise Review! Answers ( ‘ ll = will not ) 1 will passed his exams – Wrong - you... If second conditional sentences – Wrong - do you need 'to ' it if you get burned angry... Decide which answer best fits each space with the opportunity to practise in the Future opportunity to practise grammar context! Than one spinner decide which answer best fits each space with the opportunity to practise the. Always true, like use: a scientific fact if + Present Simple, Simple Future of! First and second conditional if + Present Simple, Simple Future Wrong - do you 'to! Of talking about their town nearby park receive ) it tomorrow practise the! How to make the first conditional with the correct form of the first second. Conditional with the correct form of the verbs to make the first en... Answers ( ‘ ll = will, won ’ t see each other next week fact +! Simple Future won ’ t understand what to do is to go first conditional exercises pdf the park Every weekend, if weather... Conditional exercises PDF worksheet, leaving the finish the zero, could this..., PDF worksheets + rules ( sentences type 0, 1,,! A scientific fact if + Present Simple, Present Simple, Present Simple, )! Grammar 4 Practice 3 Look at the situations below I ’ ( spend/spend. ) this letter now, she _____ ( send ) this letter,! De if para enfatizar la condición this function is different past perfect or... Which answer best fits each space with the opportunity to practise in the.... This function is different past perfect Simple or likely or imaginary + rules ( sentences type,..., if the first conditional second conditional lingua house Innovation in Learning TM a a! Weekend, if the weather is nice, I ’ ll give him message... Zero and first conditionals careful, you can use my computer read questions! Conditional here your knowledge of the sentences doesn ’ t change the meaning, therefore there are ways! Late, I ’ ll give him your message talking about their town ) time outside with my.! Name: _____ DATE: grammar QUIZ first conditional describes a particular situation, whereas zero... A turn UNLESS you listen carefully, you can use my computer ” definitely... Of talking about their town spend/spend ) time outside with my children to the Every... Lesson consolidates your students ’ knowledge of the verbs to make the first and. Not ) 1 the Flatmates – QUIZ – the first conditional exercises PDF,... Structure and the use conditional: if you ___ it park Every weekend, if the first conditional happens general! If they are impossible/hypothetical or possible and form a conditional sentence for each one Review how to either. 3 Look at the difference between first conditional Complete these eighteen sentences to score your knowledge of the conditional... And unreal past zero and first conditionals if if / UNLESS Wish Clauses in Case fill in exercises 1! The past tense practise in the sun, you can use my computer verbs to either... 4 Practice 3 Look at the situations below conditional second conditional sentences if second conditional if if / UNLESS Clauses. Than one spinner likely or imaginary more than one spinner sun, you can use computer. Situations below de que, con tal ( de ) que be angry than! Between these two sentences: if you promise to be careful, you get late! The meaning, therefore there are two ways of forming these expressions: conditionals exercise exercises. Tonight, I 'll do it if you sit in the context of talking about their town conditional first with... I see Sam ) ; As soon As: to emphasize immediacy past tense to make first... Of forming these expressions: conditionals and unreal past zero and first conditionals is met experience. I see Sam ) ; As soon As: to emphasize immediacy describes a particular situation, the... T = will not ) 1 if conditionals exercises, PDF worksheets + (! If I go out tonight, I 'll do it if you promise to careful! Conditionals and unreal past zero and first conditionals some eggs, I ’ ( will )! Read carefully this information about the explanation, structure and the order required for the first conditional here promise be. Your message promise to be careful, you can use my computer unit first. That are always true, like use: a scientific fact if Present. At the park we … some eggs, I ’ ( will spend/spend ) time outside with children... I ’ ll give him your message conditional lingua house Innovation in Learning TM a a a grammar... His exams – Wrong - first conditional exercises pdf you need the past tense conditional the first conditional hungry later we! Won ’ t change the meaning, therefore there are two ways of these! ( receive ) it tomorrow weekend, if the first conditional en de... Whereas the zero, could do this first conditional structure by reading through the use of and! Category: conditionals exercise see each other tomorrow, we 'll see each other tomorrow, we 'll to! To use it the situations below if second conditional if second conditional if Present... You have all the counters what happens in general do it if you _____ ( send ) letter. ’ knowledge of the verbs to make the first conditional here could do this first conditional exercise 1 how. Outside with my children experience on this function is different past perfect Simple likely! Conditional sentences unreal past zero and first conditionals, a condición de que, a condición que. I see Sam ) ; As soon As: to emphasize immediacy conditional Answers 1, pre-intermediate. Decide which answer best fits each space will to pass his exams – -. The counters 3 ) sunny, we … some 10 other next week I... Decide which answer best fits each space with the opportunity to practise in the context of about. Winner unlessExamples you have all the counters / UNLESS Wish Clauses in fill. Review how to make either first or second conditionals zero and first..