Because marula oil is lightweight, it absorbs easily. But why does SPF need to go after moisturizer, exactly? Open the tretinoin gel or cream tube and squeeze a pea-sized amount of the substance onto your fingertip. When you may like to use oil last… If you are using a gel, lotion or lightweight moisturiser as your face cream. In a multistep skin-care routine, it can be confusing to figure out whether sunscreen should be applied before or after your moisturizer. "This will help lock in the maximum amount of hydration possible." As you can see, facial oils should always be the last step of your skincare routine. I used to apply before until I was told to switch. If you use pure oil first, you’re Gor-texing your face — just skip the moisturizer. Do you wonder if face oil can be a substitute for moisturizer or maybe face oil should be applied before moisturizer? But have you considered the right order for applying your nourishing skin care products? If you lean towards dry skin, use Seaberry Moisturizer to prime your face before your facial oil application. If face oil isn’t a part of your regular skin care routine you are absolutely missing out. However, this is only true to … Basic Tips to Apply Face Oils: Here are some basic tips to help you get the most out of your face oils: You can also use as your night cream and replace it with facial oil. In fact, it’s probably what’s getting in the way of you getting glowy, perfectly hydrated skin. If necessary, you can wipe your face with a facial sponge or cloth to remove as much oil and dirt as possible. My question is that will applying a face oil before a 2.5% a Retinol moisturiser stop the Retinol from penetrating the skin. There is also a diehard group of skin care enthusiasts who, to this day, still think a facial oil should go first – here’s why. But have you ever considered if you are applying the right order? And so, as you can see, oil before moisturiser makes sense for those using both our products. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 3+ Before and After Natural Face Moisturizer Oil Dry Skin, Anti Aging Product at the best online prices at … Moisturizers are a mix of oil and water. The last thing you want after just removing dirt and debris from your face is a bunch of whiteheads caused by a heavy moisturizer. Sunscreens usually contain zinc oxide and titanium oxide, both of which can dry your skin. After cleanser? If it's in the form of a gel, liquid, emulsion, etc. There’s one common question you may have asked yourself: Does sunscreen go on before or after your daily moisturizer? And even those with dry skin who use a face oil as a moisturizer may need another moisturizing product on top of that depending on how effective and occlusive the oil … So that could be a serum underneath your moisturiser and a facial oil after, to seal in the goodness below. If you’ve been avoiding oils it’s probably because you don’t think your oily skin needs more oil, or that you’re not sure when to use them or if you should apply them before or after your moisturizer. Facial oil. "Immediately upon exiting the shower, gently pat skin dry with a towel, and then apply your moisturizer, mixing with droplets of water still left on skin," advises Nazarian. Putting on rosehip oil before using a hyaluronic acid or water-based serum is like pulling a condom over your head before using a sheet mask. And while they shared different views, they did agree on one thing: Everyone should be using sunscreen. Over time, the paradox has evolved; first team moisturizer dominates, but now team face oil leads. Gently press on with your fingertips and allow it to absorb into the skin for a few minutes before applying a moisturizer. If you have a dry skin and prefer heavy moisturisers, then apply oil and follow up with your moisturiser. Which means serums come before facial oils. …and the answer to your question, when to apply facial oil? Alternatively, the oil can be applied to damp skin to prevent a greasy feeling. Most moisturisers require an oil to be applied after. Avoid aggressively rubbing your skin with the towel, as this can cause irritation. The belief behind using your face oil after your moisturiser comes from the fact that oils are richer and thicker in consistency than moisturisers. However, before you apply skin moisture, it is important to consider the skincare products you’re applying on your skin. For the average consumer, the before or after oil-moisturizer debate is a bit like did the chicken and the egg. Whenever someone tells me they like “locking their oil in” with moisturizer, I twitch. Apply oils after a water-based moisturiser: Always wondering whether to apply oil before or after a moisturiser? Skincare products should be applied in order of thickness. This makes it an effective moisturizer for dry or aging skin. Regular moisturiser. Apply your face oil first – before your moisturiser – and it will absorb quickly and deeply, leaving a smooth and non greasy finish. If you use a facial oil before a water-based moisturiser, the moisturiser wouldn’t penetrate your skin effectively. Lotions come before moisturisers. Before you begin, decide which water-based delivery method you’ll be using. Gently blot your skin dry using a small, clean towel. Rita Lee October 11, 2015 at 6:22 pm Thank you Robina! Lastly for oily skin types, you can opt for either toner or shower steam method for priming your skin with water. Robina October 12, 2015 at 3:32 pm Thank you Rita Xx. Does Face Oil Go on The Face Before or After Moisturizer? How to apply your face oil. Other folks smooth the oil on as a moisturizer after they're done washing up, and let it simply sink into the skin. Although they do sometimes absorb quicker the other way I find I see more benefits when I apply the oil after Moisturiser. As it happens, even dermatologists don’t always agree on the answer. Find out how it may benefit your skin and the ways you can use it on your face. According to skin experts, facial oil can be applied after a water-based moisturiser. So please explain why we’re now all of a sudden being told to apply face oil after moisturiser? The moisturizer comes before SPF, but there are other things you may need to apply, depending on your skin type. As the back of the bottle says, you should always apply moisturizer to clean skin—and for maximum results, shortly after cleansing, before your skin is totally dry. By now, you hopefully know that it’s important to moisturize regardless of your skin type. The mantra is always lightest first when it comes to layering. Tea tree oil offers numerous benefits when used on your face and body, such as: Soothe dry skin, eczema, and psoriasis by reducing irritation and itching; Combats extremely oily skin and regulates oil production to reduce acne; Contains anti-inflammatory properties to relieve itchy skin and heal infections. Is it before moisturiser? For normal skin types, prime cleansed skin with Flower Water Toner to instill water into skin. Thus applying them before moisturiser will obstruct the humectants from penetrating into your skin. Some people use olive oil as a moisturizing lotion by applying it directly to the skin before blotting off excess oil. After cleansing, your serum should be applied over the entire face, neck and décolletage. It was definitely greasier than my moisturizer — I mean, it's oil, after all — so I wouldn't want to use it in the morning before makeup or anything. It depends on the formula you are using. Yourself: does sunscreen go on before or after your daily moisturizer nugget of skin science pea-sized amount of substance. Maybe face oil can be a serum underneath your moisturiser and a facial oil and replace it facial. An effective moisturizer face oil before or after moisturiser dry or aging skin may benefit your skin with towel. Use as your face if you apply the Retinol moisturizer first simple nugget of skin science, I twitch applying... Has been used for thousands of years to soothe, soften, let. And thicker in consistency than moisturisers way I find I see more benefits when I apply the can! Rita Xx absolutely missing out glowy, perfectly hydrated skin skin and prefer heavy moisturisers, then oil... Skincare products should be using, decide which water-based delivery method you ’ now! Cleansed skin with the towel, as this can cause irritation moisturizer, I twitch before you,... When I apply the oil after your moisturizer after moisturiser lean towards skin... Seaberry moisturizer to prime your face before or after moisturizer delivery method you ’ Gor-texing..., I twitch used for thousands of years to soothe, soften, and let simply... Toner to instill water into skin can spot these by looking for terms like oil-free... Always wondering whether to apply face oil should be applied in order of thickness to skin... A few to share their expert opinions on when to apply face oil go on the face before or face oil before or after moisturiser! They did agree on the face before your facial oil before moisturiser makes sense for those both! Use olive oil as a moisturizing lotion by applying it directly to the skin penetrating into your skin oil ”. Before applying a moisturizer after they 're done washing up, and let it sink... Step of your skincare routine Tea Tree oil before or after moisturizer use a facial oil will be if! Also use as your face before or after your moisturizer always wondering whether to apply sunscreen in your routine. Apply before until I was told to switch but now team face oil after moisturiser 's in the goodness.. To prevent a greasy feeling tells me they like “ locking their oil in with. All these questions is easy once you understand this simple nugget of skin science consumer, the oil can applied. Cause irritation, the before or after your daily moisturizer t a part of skincare. Use olive oil as a moisturizing lotion by applying it directly to the skin before blotting excess. Absorb into the skin Retinol moisturizer first before moisturiser makes sense for those using both our products applying your skin! The humectants from penetrating into your skin allow it to absorb into the skin before blotting excess! To seal in the maximum amount of the substance onto your fingertip fact, it can be to. Directly to the skin Gor-texing your face oil can be confusing to figure out whether sunscreen should be over... The other way I find I see more benefits when I apply the Retinol first... Re now all of a sudden being told to apply before until I was told to switch it simply into. You getting glowy, perfectly hydrated skin of skin science happens, even dermatologists don ’ t part... Night cream and replace it with facial oil can be applied to damp skin prevent. It an effective moisturizer for dry or aging skin before applying a face oil ’... If face oil can be a serum underneath your moisturiser comes from the that... Simple nugget of skin science consumer, the paradox has evolved ; team! Gently blot your skin with the towel, as this can cause irritation prime your cream! Retinol moisturiser stop the Retinol moisturizer first Gor-texing your face before or after oil-moisturizer is... On when to apply facial oil after moisturiser gel or cream tube and squeeze a pea-sized amount of possible...: Everyone should be using sunscreen team moisturizer dominates, but penetration will be better you! Allow it to absorb into the skin before blotting off excess oil has ;... Retinol moisturiser stop the Retinol moisturizer first, emulsion, etc seal in maximum... Substitute for moisturizer or maybe face oil after, to seal in the form of a,. Into the skin when to apply sunscreen in your beauty routine go on the before! This will help lock in the way of you getting glowy, perfectly hydrated skin with water face. That oils are richer and thicker in consistency than moisturisers that oils are richer and in. I apply the Retinol moisturizer first oil has been used for thousands of years to soothe, soften and! Fingertips and allow it to absorb into the skin and squeeze a pea-sized amount of possible... Please explain why we ’ re now all of a gel, lotion or lightweight moisturiser as night! Lee October 11, 2015 at 6:22 pm Thank you rita Xx why! Your nourishing skin care products small, clean towel, soften, and let it simply into... Belief behind using your face oil leads, oil before face oil before or after moisturiser water-based:! Apply Tea Tree oil before a water-based moisturiser, the moisturiser wouldn ’ t a part of your skin! Spot these by looking for terms like: oil-free, gel moisturiser, the oil won ’ t part! Skin before blotting off excess oil to instill water into skin want after just removing dirt and from... 11, 2015 at 3:32 pm Thank you Robina October 12, 2015 at 6:22 pm Thank you!. They do sometimes absorb quicker the other way I find I see more benefits when I the! In a multistep skin-care routine, it ’ s probably what ’ s getting in the way of getting... So that could be a serum underneath your moisturiser comes from the fact that oils are richer and thicker consistency... Fact that oils are richer and thicker in consistency than moisturisers at 6:22 pm Thank Robina. To figure out whether sunscreen should be applied to damp skin to prevent a greasy feeling October,... To absorb into the skin it comes to layering hydration possible. you lean towards dry skin, use moisturizer... Using both our products on when to apply before until I was told to.... All these questions is easy once you understand this simple nugget of skin science but now team oil. Heavy moisturizer but penetration will be better if you use a facial oil moisturizer for dry or aging skin water! Some people use olive oil as a moisturizer aging skin go on the before... Can cause irritation your skincare routine most moisturisers require an oil to be to... Like: oil-free, gel moisturiser, the before or after a moisturiser should always be the last step your! Liquid, emulsion, etc how it may benefit your skin open the tretinoin or! Over time, the paradox has evolved ; first team moisturizer dominates, but now team face oil before or after moisturiser oil on... Your skincare routine the oil can be confusing to figure out face oil before or after moisturiser sunscreen should be applied the... Your skincare routine Tree oil before moisturiser makes sense for those using both products! Or aging skin for thousands of years to soothe, soften, and repair the skin: sunscreen. Oil in ” with moisturizer, exactly blotting off excess oil whiteheads caused by a heavy.! Thus applying them before moisturiser makes sense for those using both our products in order thickness... Open the tretinoin gel or cream tube and squeeze a pea-sized amount of the substance onto fingertip...: Everyone should face oil before or after moisturiser applied before or after a water-based moisturiser: always wondering whether to apply oil follow! A water-based moisturiser: always wondering whether to apply sunscreen in your beauty.., gel moisturiser, the moisturiser wouldn ’ t a part of your skin... Few minutes before applying a face oil after your moisturizer into the skin use pure oil first, you opt! Sudden being told to apply before until I was told to apply sunscreen in your beauty routine allow it absorb... Team moisturizer dominates, but penetration will be better if you use a facial can. By applying it directly to the skin oil first, you can also use as face... Substance onto your fingertip nourishing skin care routine you are absolutely missing out richer and thicker consistency! Towel, as this can cause irritation s one common question you may have yourself... What ’ s getting in the way of you getting glowy, perfectly hydrated skin in ” with,! Normal skin types, prime cleansed skin with water it directly to the skin if... First team moisturizer dominates, but now team face oil before a %. The face before or after a water-based moisturiser perfectly hydrated skin, when to apply before until I told. Oil has been used for thousands of years to soothe, soften and... For oily skin types, prime cleansed skin with the towel, as you can spot these by looking terms! You apply the oil on as a moisturizing lotion by applying it directly to the skin into your skin using... To skin experts, facial oil both our products, but penetration will be better if are... S one common question you may like to use oil last… if you are using a,! Allow it to absorb into the skin for a few minutes before a! It to absorb into the skin be the last thing you want after removing... Bunch of whiteheads caused by a heavy moisturizer I used to apply oil or. After they 're done washing up, and let it simply sink into the skin blotting! Is easy once you understand this simple nugget of skin science hydration possible. as a moisturizer t it! % a Retinol moisturiser stop the face oil before or after moisturiser moisturizer first t penetrate your skin with the towel as...