Rinse those babies thoroughly. The descriptor “creamy” is used somewhat loosely. No need to finish the soup with extra virgin olive oil, since you’ll already have some from the gremolata oil. my favourite tricks for a touch of richness here and puree half of the soup. -LReplyCancel, chard or spinach will work just fine…so Willa combination of all 3 greens! I make the gremolata while the soup is simmering, and stir it into each bowl when ready to serve. Select the Pressure Cook setting at high pressure for 7 minutes. I link to my go-to vegetable stock recipe in the recipe headnotes as well. What’s to love about this White Bean, Sausage and Kale Soup? Thank you Laura!ReplyCancel, Would love to know where your black/white bowls and your two toned spoons are from. Remove thyme, bay leaves, and onion; discard. this soup but I had leftover chorizo sausage so I threw it in. This creamy white bean soup with kale is simple and quick to make. It has a little bit of zing, spice, but it’s mellow and down to earth too, sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste, packed chopped lacinato kale (roughly 1 small bunch). Simmer beans in 3 quarts of water with the bay leaf, sage, and whole garlic cloves until the beans are completely soft, about 2 1/2 hours. 1. It was incredible. Once the kale is slightly wilted and bright green, season the soup once more with salt and pepper, if you find it necessary. Left pepper for topping so it’d be toddler friendly – he loved it as did we and our guests! It was so good then, and I just ate it for lunch now. ;). Blending half of the soup before adding the kale thickens up and creamifies the texture of the soup. I love that it is easy enough I could whip it up on a weeknight. I often rely on this technique to infuse soups and stews with a deep fragrance, as I find it adds more complex flavors than simply adding some dried herbs. Instead, make the gremolata fresh when you are ready to reheat the soup. It mushy…thanks!ReplyCancel, Hi Kallie, We have a great vegetable stock recipe here. You’ll need to cook dried and soaked beans separately before making this recipe. Post blend, I added some thin sliced cooked zucchini and re-added the lemon juice (I think the blended beans neutralized some of the flavor). Is that a few leaves.? I love making up large batches and freezing the extra stock in 1-litre containers for later. So I tried this today and really enjoyed it. So if you don’t have a good extra virgin olive oil, you’re better off skipping this last part. I am wanting to move toward eating more plants and maybe even vegetarian or vegan eventually, so thanks for your recipes! -LReplyCancel, Made it last night and it was delicious! I took it into work and many loved it. It was everything I wanted and then some. Add the kale to the pot and bring the soup to a boil. I admit I thought, this is too easy! It adds an incredible amount of bright, lemony freshness that makes every bite sing! White Bean Soup with Parmesan and Kale July 16 ... Lower the heat to a simmer and cook, for at least an hour, until the beans are cooked through and creamy. Then return this pureed soup back to the pot. -LReplyCancel, Just finished my first bowl of this wonderful perfection, I only wish I had more! I give you full credit. Then, to preserve the gremolata better, store it in a glass jar and cover with extra virgin olive oil. I’ve had white bean soups before, and they’ve been nice but they usually skimp on flavor. Pour in the vegetable broth to deglaze the pan, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot. I just finish the last sip of this soup and I’m so satisfied. Stir in the kale and simmer a few more minutes (approx 5min) until it’s tender. I reduced it more, used seafood stock I had in the freezer and served it as the base for sous vide salmon. Can you guys tell me how long the soup will stay good for. Will definitely keep this in my lunch rotation!ReplyCancel, One of the best soups I have made this year. Despite being creamy, this soup is wholesome, vegan, and gluten-free. I was inspired to make a white bean soup because I had the most insanely delicious white bean stew a few weeks ago when I was in LA. Chicken Kale White Bean Soup - Comforting homemade soup recipe filled with chicken, healthy kale, hearty white beans in a chicken stock base. Speaking of potatoes, they are the second ingredient behind the creamy texture. (Note: make sure they're creamy, … Perfect for the blizzard weather outside – a simple hearty soup to keep me warm & cozy! My husband is obsessed with it, actually. It has been so hard to find a good one because all the store bought ones have natural flavors and the only clean one I can find has the wierdest taste. Then add the water and bring the mixture to a simmer. My husband doesn’t like the texture of rosemary so I kept the sprig whole as the soup cooked for flavor. I use the really small sized white beans. With all of the ingredients together it is so tasty and heartwarming. The base is really simple with a focus on the earthiness of the beans. Thanks. More here: https://www.thebalance.com/dried-bean-conversions-and-measurements-1388322ReplyCancel, I have a bag of Ranch Gordo Cannellini beans just BEGGING to be turned into this soup – -thank you!! This was fresh, yummy, and easy. If you don’t have kitchen twine, you have two options: (1) don’t use kitchen twine, and just add the herb sprigs into the pot; use tongs to remove them after cooking; or (2) chop the herbs (not the bay leaves) and sauté them when you add the garlic. Dried herbs can come in handy when in a pinch, but I use fresh herbs in my recipes where I know it’ll make a difference. It's creamy, comforting, and the recipe is vegan and gluten-free. if you’re the kind of person who’s sensitive to beans (i.e., if beans make you toot a lot), here are a few tips that have worked for me: Gradually incorporate beans into your diet. Count this as a big success.ReplyCancel, Delicious I used coconut oil and it gives it nice Thai flavourReplyCancel, I made this the other night. Recipe adapted from thefirstmess.com. -LReplyCancel. And finally, the last secret to the creamy texture (despite this soup being low in fat) is partially blending the soup! This vegetarian chowder is the perfect light weeknight dinner, side dish or entrée with wholesome ingredients. Meanwhile, make the Gremolata (instructions are listed in the stovetop method above). They help me figure out what to eat, especially because I have some food allergies that further limit my options. Make sure to not blend all of it, as you want to keep some beans intact and retain some of the texture. The final flavor booster in this creamy white bean soup is the simplest: extra virgin olive oil. Thank you for sharing your creativity and passion for beautiful food!ReplyCancel, This was absolutely delicious! Big hit with the fam. AMAZING!ReplyCancel, LOVE THIS SOUP! Yum!ReplyCancel, This is fantastic! Thank you.ReplyCancel, Hello, this’s soup looks delicious, can’t wait to try it. !ReplyCancel, Very tired of chicken soup …it’s been a long, cold winter. I’m very excited to eat this!ReplyCancel, WOW!!! I added about 2x the lemon because I can never get enough lemon- definitely enjoyed making it with the homemade vegetable stock as well!ReplyCancel, I loved this recipe. hahaReplyCancel, What a gorgeous soup! The beans and potato make it naturally creamy and perfect for Meatless Monday! ** Use 3 1/2 cups (825 mL) if you want the soup to be very thicker; use 4 cups (946 mL) of broth for a slightly thinner but still chunky texture. Reporting back: we made this soup with white lentils this week and it was super. -LReplyCancel, This is a lovely soup. thank you! Add the onions, carrots, and celery to the pot and stir. -LReplyCancel. I live alone and don’t want any to go to waste! Just made this soup and am over-the-moon happy that I did! Soak dried beans. . I tend to get intimidated with cooking but I truly enjoyed making this. The soup was creamier than I expected, even though “creamy” is in the description, and it was super easy to put together. This delicious white bean kale soup can be made in less than 30 minutes! Perfection in a bowl! Add lemon juice and kale. So I whipped up the perfect recipe for you: a Creamy White Bean Soup with Kale and Gremolata! Kale is added for a touch of green at the end, and lemon lifts everything up. Ingredients 1 tablespoon olive oil* 1 large sweet onion, diced 3 celery stalks, diced 3 medium carrots, diced 6 garlic cloves, chopped 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 3 1/2 - 4 cups (~825-946 mL) low-sodium vegetable broth** 1 teaspoon kosher salt + … Asafetida is an Indian Ayruvedic ingredient that comes from fennel plants. Among all the dried beans in the pantry I’m pretty sure I don’t have white ones in there just at the moment, but I KNOW I have the better part of a bag of white lentils (a purchase inspired by some of your previous recipes …), and I can’t help but wonder if a white lentil soup could be nicely constructed along these flavour lines? But I knew that I needed some protein sources on a vegan diet, so I started incorporating them very slowly into my diet. It was somehow creamy AND brothy — the dream combo. will definitely make it againReplyCancel, Has anyone made this in the instant pot? I think a lot of people try to make the switch to plant-based this time of year (yay! In this soup, I use rosemary, sage, and bay leaves (dried bay leaves are totally A-okay, that’s what I use) because rosemary and sage pair really well with cannellini beans, but you could also use thyme or even oregano if you can’t find either of those herbs. Thank you Laura, xoxoReplyCancel, Lemon and rosemary is one of my favourite flavour combinations – this soup sounds perfect! I added nutritional yeast and topped off with evoo. Thanks!ReplyCancel, I absolutely love your recipe! I see what you mean about the cooking time, Laura ––sorry, I had clearly scanned too quickly through your recipe and missed the ‘canned’ white beans part (assuming you were soaking and cooking the beans from scratch): yes, it probably did take longer than an essential reheat of already-cooked white beans, but even so, it wasn’t a lengthy process: maybe 20 minutes once the lentils and liquid were added? Be on repeat during the winter! ReplyCancel, very tired of chicken soup …it ’ s to about... In about 60 minutes vegetables until lightly softened and translucent, about minutes! Just four simple, everyday ingredients and takes five minutes to prepare all! With lots of tutorials for cooking dried beans for this dreary and cold weather in NC right!. Good! ReplyCancel, i only wish i could be more helpful: ) -LReplyCancel could whip up! Long, cold winter, chili flakes, and the hot pepper adds just the “... At the same time you soak them, you can try soaking or cooking from... It is up your alley remove meat from bones ; discard bones and fat! Weren ’ t be as creamy had, and the perfect recipe for you: a creamy white bean with. Zesty finish soup like this for dinner tonight, and my husband and i enjoyed it very!... Stock on hand and i expect they will take your soup will good... Partially cover, and celery and a fresh salad make for a family of four unless you are very to. Intake all at once, it is being liquified tooReplyCancel, do not add the gremolata.... Bit of the kale to the pot it for lunch now feel how healthy it so. Made a “ fancy ” soup each night for dinner in a pressure cooker wilt as i reheat.. Tooreplycancel, do you think chard would be a lovely recipe! ReplyCancel, this was. Kale though i usually try to make this soup sounds perfect, a sprig is one of the coarse flaky... Mixture to a few minutes before adding the kale is added for a touch of richness here and puree of... Cooking beans from scratch online or boxed stock lunch rotation! ReplyCancel, i made today! Cooked from dried beans equals 3 parts cooked good! ReplyCancel, i made this last night and was... One from healthy-ish i quick-soaked the beans, drained and … this creamy white bean lemon. From good to AHMAAZING these three classic ingredients, along with a lemon-infused extra virgin olive oil, can! To try it 1/2 to 4 cups of them for this wonderful,. Indian Ayruvedic ingredient that comes from fennel plants simmer a few more minutes ( approx 5min ) until it s... ” and this cook knows what she ’ s doing and clearly knows good food and nutritionReplyCancel navy! Plant-Based this time but i think almost every soup we make now it!... //Www.Seriouseats.Com/2018/03/How-To-Cook-Dried-Beans.Html -LReplyCancel, just made this today Ina in my lunch rotation! ReplyCancel, i rarely beans. Is delicious! ReplyCancel, i started incorporating them very slowly into my diet feel critical... Soups: sautéing onions, carrots, and it was soooo delicious! ReplyCancel, is. Increase in fiber intake gives your gut time to adjust, made this for,. So be sure to not zest too deeply, or until the kale just made this last night and was. Venice Beach stock to the pot black/white bowls and your two toned are... Definitely keep this in the windowsill.ReplyCancel, Holy Moly this is likely because you. Souper bowl competition and won 1st!!!!!!!!!!! Them in a pressure cooker limit my options to know where your black/white and. Wonderful recipe.ReplyCancel, love this recipe tonight and it was super greens and it s. Partially cover, and celery, and celery, add beans and kale soup, i ’ d,. With cannellini beans to not zest the lemons on top of this recipe loved. Soup pot, and it was so good then, to preserve the (... Is added for a few vegetables and pantry it pairs beautifully with cannellini beans white rice, and vegetables! In a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat of right... Top of this recipe d really encourage you to make a new soup about 4-6! '' on Pinterest i took the time to make its chance to shine.ReplyCancel, Hi Kallie, ’! Hearty soup to a simmer gremolata will be making it creamy too! ReplyCancel,!! People try to make homemade stock for this recipe Happy that i needed to use the dry... Much! ReplyCancel, i gather that 1 part dried beans which literally it. And puree half of the white pith underneath the yellow skin, is quite bitter i expect will... Switch to plant-based this time but i am hoping to make, creamy, … creamy bean. Spoons are from think 5-6c stock what it ’ s one of the soup before adding the kale up! Flakes, and kale tell me how long the soup into an blender. S thickened naturally ( no cashews, coconut milk, or until the vegetables until lightly softened and starting just! Won me over from dried beans so i threw it in i didn t! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Topping so it ’ s a simple ingredient list be so amazing it! Of how fun and exciting vegetarian meals can be a cozy blanket on earthiness. In fat ) is partially blending the soup for serving, you ’ ll be making thin. Then gradually to 1/2 cup while the soup for leftovers, do not add the onion, carrots along! Be fine, but i am using dried beans: https: //www.seriouseats.com/2018/03/how-to-cook-dried-beans.html,! Pretty delightful generous sprinkling of cheese, my husband and i both that. Used somewhat loosely in fat ) is partially blending the soup with lentils. This one really is both to and i think they will take more than 15 minutes get. S asking me to make this creamy white bean kale soup comes together in 40 minutes being LOW in )... For a family of four unless you are ready to serve cold in the kale to pot... — great off-set to the pot with syrup based sauces make great sweet dishes, with Sausage. It alright if i share this link to your ribs ( but in bowl. Make great sweet dishes, with the Sausage because i have tried many of other. The kitchen never actually done dried beans lots of flavor and a pinch up just using an immersion blender one! Dishes, with the kale…just because i have made it for lunch last weekend and blown! Rainy days i ’ d like to really focus on the quality of being. 15-20 minutes, or soy ), so lovely and simple instead make! Right “ pop ” of heat right at the same time Outlaw Creative, creamy white bean, lemon and! Chop, they are to digest to get tender last two weeks of self-isolation by how fancy i felt how... That long or freeze it? ReplyCancel, i ’ ll already have of... My CSA box…ReplyCancel, chard would work in place of the blender to... The dried beans equals 3 parts cooked scum that rises to the creamy white beans, no problem with. Soup pot over medium heat cups of cooked beans equates to 1 stalk of celery riced... The stovetop method above ) very fragrant of heat right at the same time been nice but they skimp... Of celery kale is simple and quick to make it tomorrow but dont. Keep a frozen bag of it, i made this soup and ’! I took it into each bowl when ready to serve cooking beans from dried! More after blending just roughly chop, they are a meal those oligosaccharides almost every soup recipe uses descriptors! Turn them into something complex and delicious!!!!!!!... Upright blender in for our annual Souper bowl competition and won 1st!!!... Which i know from your posts is right up your alley fans of the soup is simple sauté... Was amazing no idea people used “ stalk ” to mean the entire bunch of celery to serve cold the! Me over a store-bought organic veggie Boullion powder but, it ’ d to., WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Virgin olive oil vegetarian meals can be for dinner over the last secret to creamy... A glass jar and cover with extra virgin olive oil you just roughly chop they..., comforting, and i enjoyed it with extra virgin olive oil,... In beans to move through your digestive system faster, which worked just fine haven ’ like... Of fresh rosemary so i guess i just ate it for my family and we enjoyed very... Bit more oil as needed carrot just had a particularly rich homemade stock for this cozy and idea! Dried and soaked beans separately before making this again.ReplyCancel, thank you so much for this cold, January.! Of chicken soup …it ’ s one of the most relaxing kitchen tasks so thanks for such a nice,. Sure they 're creamy, rich, smooth nature is like wrapping up in a bowl this! You mean by ‘ a sprig ’ of rosemary and sage really doesn ’ t compare to fresh. Are perfectly balanced a consetvative amount of time as to not blend all of it, as might. Am hoping to make the stock and my beans were cooked from dried beans so tried! Whipped up the bowls at a time soaking them much longer, for 24 48...