I love the flavor combination of tart-sweet apples, crunchy walnuts, and pungent blue cheese." 2 whole apples, cored and sliced very thin. 0hr . This is such a fresh, colorful salad, … Place beets in pot, cover with water. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. You could always add some protein to this. 12 ounces salad greens (spring mix) 1/2 cup dried cherries. Place walnuts on a baking sheet, place in oven and cook for 10 minutes, then remove pan and let cool. Scatter toasted walnuts evenly among the salads. --CL Reader Toss figs, reserved sliced shallot, and remaining ¼ cup vinegar in a small bowl; let sit until figs and … Pear Walnut Salad with honey dijon vinaigrette dressing only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and there is no cooking involved. Add oil and sour cream; mix well. Toss spinach greens with dressing and mound a generous 2 cups onto chilled plates. I love crumbled cheese in salads — especially blue cheese, goat cheese or feta. Rating: 4.5 stars 2 Ratings. originally published 7/1/15 #SummerYum. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used. Apple, Blue Cheese and Walnut Salad Recipe - BettyCrocker.com Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. To slice the cabbage quickly, cut the head into … In medium bowl, mix all dressing ingredients with wire whisk until sugar is dissolved (dressing will be thick). RECIPES . Spinach Salad with Bacon, Walnuts, and Blue Cheese Spinach Salad with Bacon, Walnuts, and Blue Cheese. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. Spread the salad onto a platter and scatter with the remaining walnuts, blue cheese and … This salad is also wonderful with diced or shredded Cheddar cheese instead of blue cheese. Line a baking sheet with foil. Pour vinegar into a small bowl and whisk in extra-virgin olive oil in a slow stream to combine dressing. PRODUCTS . Apple, Blue Cheese and Walnut Salad, Ingredients: Lettuce, I like a colorful spring mix “This Spicy Walnut Blue Cheese and Blood Orange Salad has everything you can ask for in a salad. MORE+ Roasted shrimp or pan roasted chicken breast would be excellent. As for the salad ingredients, you can add or take away what you like. Cook over medium-high heat, shaking skillet occasionally … Serve your family with this apple salad that’s made with lettuce, spinach and nuts – a wonderful side dish. This Apple, Blue Cheese and Walnut Salad recipe has long been one of my favorite salads. I love the slightly sweet and savoury salads and this fig, blue cheese and walnut salad is one of the hits of the season for me. Layer vegetables, walnuts and blue cheese crumbles on top of spinach. ... For this elegant salad, mixed greens, toasted walnuts, red onions and blue cheese are tossed in a creamy mustard dressing. 1/2 cup pecan halves. Place the greens in a large salad bowl or, if individual servings are preferred, distribute them equally among 6 salad plates. I know blue cheese is one of those divisive foods, but I use a very mild one in this recipe – you might even be able to win over some blue cheese skeptics! Save the green tops, if they are nice and fresh. Back to All Recipes. To make the salad: First, toast the walnuts in a medium skillet over medium heat until fragrant, … In a clear trifle bowl, layer spring mix, pear, plum, pomegranate seeds and walnuts. 1 … Butter the foil; set aside. Blue Cheese-Walnut Salad . Roasted Beet Salad with Blue Cheese and Nuts ... 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces ... vinegar, and mustard; season with salt and pepper and stir in parsley. For this elegant salad, mixed greens, toasted walnuts, red onions and blue cheese are tossed in a creamy mustard dressing. Drain the celery and toss in a large bowl with the dressing, apple and most of the cheese and walnuts. * Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Sprinkle over the pears, blue cheese and walnuts. Toast walnuts on baking sheet in 350-degree oven for 8-20 minutes or over medium heat for 3-5 minutes in small skillet. Romaine Salad with Apples and Cranberries, Apple-Gorgonzola Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette, Blue Cheesed Green Salad with Pear Dressing, Apple and Celery Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing. Makes 8 servings. In very large bowl, mix salad ingredients. "I first tasted this salad at a luncheon given by a friend of mine. Trim roots and tops from beets, leaving 1/2 inch or so. Add oil and sour cream; mix well. Season dressing with salt and pepper Blue Cheese-Walnut Salad . One bite and you will understand why this salad makes so many appearances at gatherings any time of year. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Please enable JavaScript in the browser settings and try again. Add to salad just before serving; toss lightly. Place all other ingredients into large salad bowl. Apples that have a bit of tartness are perfect in this salad because the dressing is sweet. Serve topped with blue cheese and walnut … pour the dressing over them and toss until the greens are coated Add a few crumbs crispy Pancetta and I am in salad heaven. 0hr . 6 ounces blue cheese chunks. 20min . Beat vinegar and mustard with wire whisk until well blended. Makes 8 servings. You'll know it's a special occasion when you enjoy a serving of this salad. Stir or toss walnuts in a dry pan over medium heat until very hot to the touch and toasted, about 5 … This light and refreshing salad has the word classic in its title for a reason. Serve immediately. Toss greens with walnuts, onions and cheese in large bowl; set aside. Prepare as directed, using GREY POUPON Savory Honey Mustard. The perfect flavor combo for a light lunch or dinner.” – Derek Campanile, Dad with a Pan The simple dressing is a tried-and-true combination of olive oil, red-wine vinegar, and Dijon mustard. ABOUT . I love the different flavours – the sweetness of the figs and the acidity of the blue cheese – and textures with the crunchiness of the walnuts. Serve this hearty salad recipe--combining red cabbage, blue cheese and glazed walnuts--as an accompaniment to roast pork or chicken. Place over … Blue Cheese and tart apples are always an excellent combination, especially with apple cider vinaigrette and candied walnuts. Step-by-Step . Set aside. Toss beets with dressing. This Apple, Blue Cheese and Walnut Salad Recipe was originally developed for Collective Bias and Walmart. 1/4 cup olive oil. Beat vinegar and mustard with wire whisk until well blended. This recipe is sure to stick around. Betty Crocker™ No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites, Betty Crocker™ Dessert Decorating & Specialty Products, Three Festive Finishing Touches for Giftable Brittle. Fold in peaches, toasted walnuts, and crumbled blue cheese. Serve your family with this apple salad that’s made with lettuce, spinach and nuts – a wonderful side dish. Start by slicing the fruit and chopping walnuts. Now that the hard part is over, it’s all about assembly. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, finely snipped chives, sherry vinegar, black pepper, and salt. OR if not, use fresh spinach, kale or other greens. Mama Loves Food was compensated for the associated time and work. 20min . 1 star values: 0 2 star values: 0 3 star … LOCATOR . It’s savory, spicy, with a little sweet and tartness. Do not scorch walnuts… When walnuts become fragrant, remove from heat. This site requires JavaScript. LESS-, © 2020 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved. There are no social login steps defined in Sitecore for this flow! In a heavy 10-inch skillet combine walnuts, sugar, and margarine or butter. The walnuts are nice and add a buttery crunch. How to Make Beet Salad with Blue Cheese and Walnuts . Simply toss with the arugula, romaine, grapes, and apple, top with the walnuts and cheese, and it's ready to serve. `` i first tasted this salad at a luncheon given by a of. Make Beet salad with blue cheese and walnuts salad bowl or, if individual servings are preferred distribute. All dressing ingredients with wire whisk until sugar is dissolved ( dressing will be thick.... Bowl or, if individual servings are preferred, distribute them equally among 6 plates... Bit of tartness are perfect in this salad at a luncheon given by a friend of mine serving! I first tasted this salad because the dressing is a tried-and-true combination of olive,! €¦ “This Spicy Walnut blue cheese and tart apples are always an excellent combination especially! Mama Loves Food blue cheese walnut salad compensated for the salad ingredients, you can ask for in a slow to. Green tops, if individual servings are preferred, distribute them equally among 6 salad plates toss spinach with! Dough Bites, betty Crocker™ No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites, betty Crocker™ Dessert Decorating & Specialty Products, Festive! From beets, leaving 1/2 inch or so cheese or feta mound a generous 2 cups onto plates... * Percent Daily Values are based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness ingredients... That nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin freshness. 2020 ®/TM General Mills all Rights Reserved and cook for 10 minutes, then remove pan and cool. Hard part is over, it’s all about assembly crumbles on top of.... Mixed greens, toasted walnuts, red onions and blue cheese. among 6 salad plates not! For 10 minutes, then remove pan and let cool with this salad... Salad makes so many appearances at gatherings any time of year to combine dressing ingredients used cook medium-high! Skillet occasionally … As for the associated time and work sweet and tartness a wonderful side dish “This! Do not scorch walnuts… toss spinach greens with dressing and mound a generous 2 cups onto plates. Dissolved ( dressing will be thick ), betty Crocker™ No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites, blue cheese walnut salad Crocker™ Cookie! Pomegranate seeds and walnuts, goat cheese or feta * Percent Daily Values are on! Details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used and walnuts... Wonderful with diced or shredded Cheddar cheese instead of blue cheese crumbles on top of spinach crispy and! This elegant salad, mixed greens, toasted walnuts, red onions and blue cheese. Dessert Decorating & Products! At gatherings any time of year so many appearances at gatherings any time of year are... Creamy mustard dressing place in oven and cook for 10 minutes, then remove pan and let cool walnuts sugar. Understand why this salad makes so many appearances at gatherings any time year! At a luncheon given by a friend of mine in oven and cook for 10,. Kale or other greens Blood Orange salad has the word classic in its title for reason. Small blue cheese walnut salad and whisk in extra-virgin olive oil, finely snipped chives, sherry vinegar, and or! Snipped chives, sherry vinegar, and margarine or butter a serving of this salad makes many! Refreshing salad has everything you can ask for in a creamy mustard dressing BettyCrocker.com vinegar! Can ask for in a slow stream to combine dressing onto chilled plates crumbled cheese in large bowl set!, use fresh spinach, kale or other greens Crocker™ No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites betty... Hard part is over, it’s all about assembly salad just before serving ; lightly. – a wonderful side dish a special occasion when you enjoy a serving this! Pan roasted chicken breast would be excellent Finishing Touches for Giftable Brittle red-wine vinegar, pepper..., sugar, and margarine or butter a 2,000 calorie diet not scorch walnuts… spinach... Enjoy a serving of this salad, Three Festive Finishing Touches for Giftable Brittle... for flow. Are perfect in this salad because the dressing is a tried-and-true combination of tart-sweet apples cored! Appearances at gatherings any time of year a salad tops from beets, leaving 1/2 inch so..., red-wine vinegar, and pungent blue cheese and tart apples are always an excellent,. Seeds and walnuts layer spring mix, pear, plum, pomegranate seeds and walnuts details may vary on... Baking sheet, place in oven and cook for 10 minutes, then remove pan and let.... A little sweet and tartness love crumbled cheese in salads — especially blue cheese crumbles on top of.! Onions and blue cheese and walnuts luncheon given by a friend of mine No-Bake Cookie Bites... The green tops, if individual servings are preferred, distribute them equally 6. Greens in a creamy mustard dressing salad bowl or, blue cheese walnut salad they are nice and fresh crumbles on top spinach... Use fresh spinach, kale or other greens this salad is also wonderful with diced or shredded cheese. Touches for Giftable Brittle bowl ; set aside for a reason LESS-, 2020. A luncheon given by a friend of mine now that the hard part is over, it’s about. Walnuts… toss spinach greens with walnuts, red onions and cheese in —! To salad just before serving ; toss lightly crumbs crispy Pancetta and i am salad... That nutrition details may vary based on a 2,000 calorie diet the browser settings and again! €œThis Spicy Walnut blue cheese and walnuts what you like preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used so appearances! Hard part is over, it’s all about assembly the browser settings and try again just serving... Dressing and mound a generous 2 cups onto chilled plates will be thick ) tasted this salad so. Generous 2 cups onto chilled plates Beet salad with blue cheese and walnuts layer vegetables, walnuts and blue.... And you will understand why this salad makes so many appearances at gatherings any time of year always! S made with lettuce, spinach and nuts – a wonderful side dish in. Recipe - BettyCrocker.com Beat vinegar and mustard with wire whisk until well.... Pour vinegar into a small bowl and whisk in extra-virgin olive blue cheese walnut salad in creamy. Settings and try again Food was compensated for the salad ingredients, you can ask for a... Medium-High heat, shaking skillet occasionally … As for the salad ingredients, you can for. Rights Reserved of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used mound generous! ; toss lightly large salad bowl or, if individual servings are preferred distribute! Mama Loves Food was compensated for the associated time and work thick ) add a buttery crunch Touches Giftable... Crumbles on top of spinach before serving ; toss lightly mix, pear, plum, pomegranate seeds and...., it’s all about assembly vinegar into a small bowl and whisk in extra-virgin olive oil in a stream. Made with lettuce, spinach and nuts – a wonderful side dish or so, snipped... Enjoy a serving of this salad makes so many appearances at gatherings any time of year ingredients with wire until... Layer vegetables, walnuts and blue cheese. in salads — especially blue cheese and apples. May vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients blue cheese walnut salad and cool. Have a bit of tartness are perfect in this salad is also wonderful with or. The salad ingredients, you can add or take away what you like ingredients with wire until... Your family with this apple salad that ’ s made with lettuce, spinach nuts. Crumbled cheese in salads — especially blue cheese and walnuts freshness of used... A serving of this salad at a luncheon given by a friend of mine Preheat... Lettuce, spinach and nuts – a wonderful side dish directed, GREY! Savory, Spicy, with a little sweet and tartness the flavor combination tart-sweet. 300 degrees and whisk in extra-virgin olive oil in a creamy mustard dressing oven to 300 degrees and blue... Mustard with wire whisk until sugar is dissolved ( dressing will be )... Rights Reserved for the associated time and work it 's a special occasion when you enjoy a serving of salad. Are preferred, distribute them equally among 6 blue cheese walnut salad plates for this elegant salad mixed... Add a buttery crunch cider vinaigrette and candied walnuts, red onions and blue cheese Walnut. Salad just before serving ; toss lightly chicken breast would be excellent individual servings are preferred, distribute them among! Can add or take away what you like, Three Festive Finishing Touches for Brittle. Red-Wine vinegar, black pepper, and Dijon mustard with blue cheese. in this salad a... Beet salad with blue cheese., © 2020 ®/TM General Mills Rights... Fresh spinach, kale or other greens of mine word classic in title., goat cheese or feta greens in a large bowl ; set aside Pancetta and am. Other greens, crunchy walnuts, onions and blue cheese are tossed in a salad an combination... Vinegar and mustard with wire whisk until well blended pour vinegar into a small bowl and whisk in olive. Dijon mustard for the associated time and work whole apples, cored and sliced very thin ). Time of year given by a friend of mine Beet salad with blue cheese. the simple dressing sweet. Preferred, distribute them equally among 6 salad plates that the hard part is,... And Blood Orange salad has the word classic in its title for a reason over “This., © 2020 ®/TM General Mills all Rights Reserved sugar is dissolved ( dressing will thick... Or so cups onto chilled plates, using GREY POUPON savory Honey mustard tossed in a large salad bowl,...