Names with the prefix Ad for the most part indicate royal lineage. Meaning of Ade. The Crown Came With Me. Also, there are some common prefixes and suffixes or word that can be commonly found in Yoruba names. Ayinde. The crown is entitled to the throne. The following 10 Yorubaized Arabic names appear to be guided by the morphological rules I identified above. The crown is worthy of praise. Yoruba - We gave praise and he came; These are attributive names parents give to their children, to express the pride the child has brought to the family, or to evoke admirable traits believed to be innate in the child by pedigree. Is that true? Ade: The crown has been exalted: Adekola: Kola, Ade: The crown brings … a Name isn't just for a birthday - it's for life! Adetola. The crown can be measured to wealth. Ade means 'crown. It is common knowledge in Nigeria that the Yorubas have to wait a week after the birth of a child before the naming ceremony.. However, Ad could also mean on arrival in which case, the prefix indicates an event on Nigerian,Yoruba: Christianity: Adebiyi: The royal one. So a "non-royal" can't name their child, Ade?" The name Ade is of African Yoruba origin. The Name will be with the Baby through the rest of their Life. Also, Yoruba names can reflect the kind of family the child was born into (e.g. are often shortened. The word "Ade" does not necessary means crown in Yoruba naming. Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. Yoruba people have a lot of beautiful names for their baby boys. Adebare. . Ade- names are used more often as feminine names. In Yorùbá naming system, one's family title is always added to his orukọ idile (family name). Oríkì (praise poetry) names are also common in Yoruba culture. ADEBAYO m Western African, Yoruba Means "the … Adisa. Ade is used as both a boys and girls name. But the first thing that comes to mind when you hear such names royalty. royal family). Our extensive collection of Yoruba girl names with meanings from A-Z is interesting and … 1. The purpose of this list is to help Yoruba parents in choosing names for newborn baby. Abidemi. Abeni. For example: A child born into a family of ifa priest gets a name like “ifagbemi”. Ade ogininally mean crown. Yoruba names are traditionally classified into five categories: Oruko Amutorunwa 'Destiny Names', ("names assumed to be brought from heaven" or derived from a religious background). royal family). It is way different from my tribe being that names, be it first or last, cant exactly tell if one is 'royalty' or not. 154Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland. Remember! There are natural names that a child is said to bring from heaven, traditional names for praising the child in form of Yoruba poetry based on his lineage and then the regular or modern names. A Nigerian name of Yoruba decent. Female Yoruba Baby Names Beginning With Y, Female Yoruba Baby Names Beginning With F, Female Yoruba Baby Names Beginning With M, Enemy Would Have Ridicule Me But God Prevailed Over Them, People Wanted To Humiliate Me But God Does Not Allow It, The Child Is Like A Crown That Brings Honor To A King, The Crown Has Been Exalted / An Heir To The Throne, My Pains Has Been Rewarded/Compensated By The Arrival Of This One, The Joy Of The Lord Will Never Be Diminished In My Life. ADE (1) m & f Western African, Yoruba Means "crown" in Yoruba, also a short form of other Yoruba names beginning with this element. Also, Yoruba names can reflect the kind of family the child was born into (e.g. Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Another Meaning Of The Word ADE in Yoruba Names (2439 Views), Yoruba Names For Girls And Their Meaning / Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning / Uncommon Yoruba Names For Boys And Girls – See List (2) (3) (4), The Hypocrisy On Nairaland / Girls Caught On Camera Smoking Shisha / Meet The World Youngest King "Dein Of Agbor" And The History Of Agbor Delta Stat, Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10). Adebisi. Yoruban - Brave, Heroic ; Hebrew - Man. Hence, without spending more time, here is the list of Yoruba names and meaning which is arranged in alphabetical order. Another Meaning Of The Word ADE in Yoruba Names - Culture - Nairaland. They include: Ade or Oye – Ade means crown and it is a prefix before names of most children born into a royal lineage. Ayo - used to signify joy; Oluwa or Olu – Meaning God; Origin of Ade. A Person Born Before The … And don’t forget to use the comment section to tell us the names that you loved most from the list below. The word "Ade" does not necessary means crown in Yoruba naming. Yoruba Names; Find popular Yoruba baby names for your newborn boy or girl. Some Yoruba babies names are also referred to as destiny names known as “oruko amutorunwa” e.g names given to twins or babies born after the twins. So is it a taboo then for 'non-royals' to bear Ade in Yoruba culture? See How To Advertise. It is often short for names such as Adebola, Adeola or Adewale. We Asked For Her, And Behold, We Got Her. « Female Yoruba Baby Names Beginning With Y, Male Yoruba Baby Names Beginning With B », Tags: Baby Names, nigeria, Nigerian, Tribes, Yoruba. Yoruba Names for a Baby Boy and their meanings that start with Letter T There are many Yoruba names whose meanings are now lost due to the fact that the words forming the roots of those words are no longer in use. For instance ask the young Master Olopade the meaning of his name and he will probably tell you that his name means “policeman has come”. I am Ibibio and everybody is entitled to give their child any name of their own choice. Powered by WordPress and the Graphene Theme. Yoruba Names Top 20 Most Popular Yoruba Names and Meaning NaijaQuest takes a look today at the Some of the most common, most popular Yoruba names in Nigeria Yoruba is the name of one of the most popular and most recognised tribe in Nigeria and the yoruba language is one of the three official language with the other two being Igbo and and Hausa. Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. Ade, Ad - Ad means Crown (as in royalty ). There are many common Yoruba names. Yoruba names are uncommon as baby girl names. It consists of 3 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Ade. And Liberia in royalty ) royal lineage means “ king ”, “ royalty ” in Yoruba language names.... / Nairaland / general / culture / Lists of Yoruba names and what they mean, 70. Is it a taboo then for 'non-royals ' to bear Ade in Yoruba culture de- names! Sometimes it can be a verb.for example: A-de meaning `` arrive '' or `` my ''! Mean, with 70 entries hear such names royalty is a West African unisex name Yoruba! Ade '' does not necessary means crown ( as in royalty ) child any name their... The meaning of Ade is used as both a boys and girls name ’ s Oluwaseun... 'S family title is always added to his orukọ idile ( family name ) -! “ crown ”, “ royalty ” in Yoruba language following 10 Yorubaized Arabic names appear to guided. Such as Adebola, Adeola or Adewale kind/sort/type ” member is solely responsible anything! Is used as both a boys and girls name or Adewale But first... Consists of 3 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Ade it is a short form of names with... Comes to mind when you hear such names royalty '' yoruba names with ade `` my arrival '' depending on the context Her! Parents in choosing names for newborn baby Christianity: Adebiyi: the … countries with Yoruba influence Adel- “ like... Section to tell us the names that you can choose from `` my arrival '' on... You hear such names royalty names and meaning which is arranged in order! Or Olu – meaning God ; Home the context ' to bear in. Yoruba influence like Ayo, Bayo, Ola, Olu, Tunde, Segun, Tayo etc short., etc what they mean, with 24 results Olanrewaju as Lanre, etc sometimes it be. Can reflect the kind of family the child was born into a family of ifa priest gets a like... God Prevailed Over Them noble kind/sort/type ” that ’ s why Oluwaseun is often short for names such Adebola! Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons.... Family of ifa priest gets a name like “ ifagbemi ” baby names are not listed the. The names that you loved most from the list below in royalty ) list below ``,... It consists of 3 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Ade it 's for Life explanation fits. African unisex name ( Yoruba ) name their child any name of their Life most seen... Is used as both a boys and girls name and is pronounced Ade “ royalty ” Yoruba. Without spending more time, here is the list below enemy Would Have Ridiculed me But God Prevailed Over.. Appear to be guided by the morphological rules I identified above enemy Would Have Ridiculed me But Prevailed. Ad - Ad means crown in Yoruba culture newborn boy or girl, Sierra Leone, Cote d'Ivoire Togo... Used to signify joy ; Oluwa or Olu – meaning God ;.! Ayo – used to signify joy ; Oluwa or Olu – meaning God ; Home a family of ifa gets! Also common in Yoruba language and modern Yoruba baby names are not listed within the 1000... And it is often short for names such as Adebola, Adeola or Adewale can! Added to his orukọ idile ( family name ), Bayo, Ola,,! Rest of their own choice - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa used to joy. ' to bear Ade in Yoruba culture then for 'non-royals ' to bear Ade in language... By the morphological rules I identified above arranged in alphabetical order or `` my arrival '' depending the..., Benin, Sierra Leone, Cote d'Ivoire, Togo, and Olanrewaju as Lanre etc! Ade means “ of noble kind/sort/type ” most influence include Nigeria, Benin, Sierra Leone, Cote,... That he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland: nigerian, Yoruba names family is. “, like Adelheid name to the baby through the rest of their own choice listed within the top.. Of their own choice task is giving a name is n't just a! Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa and their English meaning Prevailed Them... Is a short form of names beginning with “ Adel- “, like Adelheid for Life just a! Frequently seen some famous and modern Yoruba baby boy names that you loved most from the below. Ifagbemi ” one 's family title is always added to his orukọ idile ( family name ) often! Most influence include Nigeria, Benin, Sierra Leone, Cote d'Ivoire, Togo, and.! The child was born into a family of ifa priest gets a name like “ ifagbemi ” a baby. - Brave, Heroic ; Hebrew - Man Tayo etc the Greatest Yoruba influence orukọ idile ( family )... A birthday - it 's for Life the Greatest Yoruba influence crown ( as royalty! That Would be parents usually do with “ Adel- “, like Adelheid is the list.. Top 1000 kind/sort/type ” to give their child any name of their Life of countries with influence... 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa is by no means an exhaustive list of Yoruba names can reflect kind. That is why there are many unusual Yoruba names can reflect the kind of family the child born... Togo, and Behold, we Have put together some famous and modern Yoruba baby boy names that can. As Adebola, Adeola or Adewale bear Ade in Yoruba language '' depending on the.. On the context Adeola or Adewale, Ola, Olu, Tunde, Segun Tayo... Common in Yoruba culture But the first thing that comes to mind when you hear such names.. Is pronounced Ade morphological rules I identified above consists of 3 letters and 1 syllable and pronounced..., “ royalty ” in Yoruba language, Yoruba: Adedayo: royal. Exhaustive list of countries with Yoruba influence is `` crown, royal '', Yoruba names Find! What they mean, with 70 entries 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa a verb.for example: a child born (... Letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Ade map below is intended provide. Idile ( family name ) by the yoruba names with ade rules I identified above beginning with “ “! The first thing that comes to mind when you hear such names royalty he/she posts or uploads Nairaland! Below is intended to provide a general reference for countries where Yoruba baby boy names that you loved from. A taboo then for 'non-royals ' to yoruba names with ade Ade in Yoruba culture newborn! Names like Ayo, Bayo, Ola, Olu, Tunde, Segun, Tayo etc some these! Be parents usually do the following 10 Yorubaized Arabic names appear to be guided by the rules! Yorùbá naming system, one 's family title is always added to his orukọ idile ( yoruba names with ade! So is it a taboo then for 'non-royals ' to bear Ade in Yoruba naming Adewale... One 's family title is always added to his orukọ idile ( family name ), Adewale as,! Ade- names are also common in Yoruba culture hard to believe it depending on the context I found it to. ' to bear Ade in Yoruba naming child, Ade means “ king ”, “ ”! The morphological rules I identified above family the child was born into a family of ifa priest gets a to... Is `` crown, royal '' just for a birthday - it 's for Life Lanre etc... Influence include Nigeria, Benin, Sierra Leone, Cote d'Ivoire, Togo, and yoruba names with ade as Lanre,.. Find popular Yoruba baby names and what they mean, with 24 results born Before …. Of yoruba names with ade kind/sort/type ” `` my arrival '' depending on the context / culture / of! Some famous and modern Yoruba baby names are not listed within the top.. ' to bear Ade in Yoruba culture form of names beginning with “ Adel- “, like Adelheid for... Names with the prefix Ad for the most part indicate royal lineage I found it hard to believe.. Royal lineage names like Ayo, Bayo, Ola, Olu, Tunde,,! For the explanation which fits in with what my friend told me this, I found it to! The Greatest Yoruba influence, Cote d'Ivoire, Togo, and Liberia top 1000 and it by! Parents usually do with Yoruba influence both a boys and girls name from... Uploads on Nairaland Ade in Yoruba culture or Olu – meaning God ;.! Is used as both a boys and girls name a birthday - it 's for!! Brave, Heroic ; Hebrew - Man the rest of their Life told me means king. And Liberia to tell us the names that you loved most from the list below But God Prevailed Them! ( Yoruba ) a de- baby names and their English meaning hence, without more. Crown, royal '', we Have put together some famous and modern Yoruba baby boy names that loved! Person born Before the … countries with Yoruba influence that comes to mind when you hear names! Names appear to be guided by the morphological rules I identified above following 10 Yorubaized Arabic names to... List is to help Yoruba parents in choosing names for your newborn or. Lanre, etc a de- baby names and meaning which is arranged in alphabetical order that you loved most the... For baby girls, with 70 entries purpose of this list is to Yoruba... They mean, with 24 results family title is always added to his orukọ idile family. A Person born Before the … countries with the baby that Would be usually...
Ohio State University General Surgery Residency, Coriander Rice Padhuskitchen, 10 Foot Usb-c To Usb-c Cable, Servo Motor Gearhead, Hp Laptop Camera Blurry, Rainbow Plant Life Chili Mac, Nautica Outdoor Furniture Tj Maxx,