This vegan apple crumble is a crowd-pleasing dessert. Many thanks for your support. This looks absolutely delicious. Add in 4 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon. Filed Under: All recipes Tagged With: apple, autumn, cinnamon, crumble, easy, fall. Sprinkle the remaining crumble over the apple mixture. Vegan Raspberry & Apple Crumble Pie – Gluten-free and Healthy Gluten-free pastry is a whole different experience to regular wheat or spelt based pastry. …. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. And after a bit of practice with my photography, I thought I’d make it again and make it look a little more visually appealing this time. Add 100g of vegan butter (3/8 cup + 1 tablespoon) into the bowl, then use your hands to rub it into the flour/sugar mix. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. In a separate bowl, mix the lemon juice, Truvia, cinnamon, cornstarch, apple cider, ginger, and nutmeg until well combined. It was by far one of my fave desserts as a child! Some vegan-friendly ice-cream brands that I like are Swedish Glace and Sainsbury’s Free From. I have made it with green Granny Smith apples with great results. For the crumble, place all the ingredients except vegan butter in a bowl and mix well. You need to make sure there’s enough room for all the apples to fit in there! *You can sub Bramley apples for around 5-6 Granny Smith green apples. If you freeze before cooking, you will need to defrost it fully before putting in the oven, or it will cook unevenly and the edges will burn whilst the centre is still frozen. 1 (180g) medium … Variation: vegan apple crumble. It can take quite a while to peel, core and chop all of the apples so it’s quite common for the slices to turn brown after a few minutes. This is the perfect Fall recipe for Thanksgiving or just for a treat! I like to make my crumble topping first to prevent the apples from going brown after they’re chopped. This low calorie recipe for apple crumble dessert is great for holiday gatherings, pot lucks, or weekend baking! 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Love your blog, Chloe! Place the pan bake in the oven and bake for about 40 … It feels like just a few weeks ago that I was baking summer-themed desserts, sipping on iced teas and complaining that it was too hot. Oh this looks lush Kate. For the apples: 2 cups chopped apples (about 2) 1 tablespoon maple syrup. If you’re interested in using coconut cream, you can use my whipped coconut cream recipe. Join over 500 readers & get exclusive recipes in your inbox. Set the crumble mix aside. If you don’t want to make your own, did you know that Bird’s custard powder is vegan-friendly if you make it with plant-based milk instead of cow’s milk? Hi, I'm Kate. Served with vegan whipped cream or ice cream, it’s the perfect comfort food for those chilly autumnal nights. First published: October 15, 2020 Last updated on: October 15, 2020 by Chloe. Dairy-free cream This is the ‘secret ingredient’ in the crumble mix I mentioned. For the crust: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, and salt. Add coconut oil and use your fingers to combine until you reach a sandy, crumbly … Bake for 30-35 minutes until the crumble is turning golden brown and a little juice is bubbling up at the sides of the dish. Aw thank you so much Lauren. Read More…, Never miss a recipe. Finish with a simple powdered sugar glaze for the ultimate fall treat that's vegan, gluten-free, vegan … Pour the mixture over the apples … Keep doing this until you have a mixture that resembles breadcrumbs. Peel apples, remove cores, and thinly slice lengthwise. In a separate mixing bowl, make crumble by mixing together flour, pecans, coconut sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Personally, it help me to throw out any conventional ideas about pastry making, because the process for … Transfer half of the flour mixture to a food processor and scoop in the coconut oil by large separate tablespoonfuls, about 8. Pour in the crumble mixture and distribute it evenly over the apples. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Serve with vegan custard or ice cream. 1/2 cup/65g of almond flour. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. If you freeze after cooking, you can just microwave it to defrost and reheat. This 'ultimate' vegan apple crumble is a showstopping dessert. Required fields are marked *, Hi, I'm Kate. Cornflour is a secret ingredient in the apple filling to give you a glossy thickness to the apple ‘sauce’. A secret ingredient for a moist and flavourful crumble topping, and two varieties of apple make a delicious filling. This is quite a big crumble – it will serve 8, but it also freezes well or keeps for a few days in the fridge to keep the crumble moments happening right through the week. I can’t think of many occasions when apple crumble and custard wouldn’t go down a treat. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F (160°C/325°F for fan or convection oven). Place the apple slices in a large bowl with the sugar and cinnamon then give it a quick mix to combine. To do this, add 160g of plain flour (1+1/4 cup) into a large bowl along with 100g of soft brown sugar (1/2 cup) and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Really like the tip top add apple juice for extra apple flavour, what a great idea! They’re gluten free, refined sugar free, and accidentally vegan.Made with an almond and oat flour crust, a delicious apple pie filling, and an easy oat crumble topping. This is great! We ate the Apple Crumble with caramel-vanilla ice cream. Apple Juice is used here to add an extra apple-y kick to the filling, (though you can just substitute with water if you don’t have any handy). Just note that you will need more apples if you use a smaller variety. Tastes so good with baked cinnamon apples. Anything with hot fruit and ice cream will always be a winner in my book. Have a 9-inch baking dish or pan ready that's at least a few inches deep. I have a few vegan friends and now I can make them a gorgeous pudding! I love the idea of adding some apple juice! Meanwhile, make the filling: Peel and core the apples, then thinly slice them about 1/4 inch thick (see the “How to slice … Vegan cinnamon apple crumble cake ingredients Another reason why I love this cinnamon apple crumb cake is that it’s made with really simple ingredients. Mix it together well, making sure any lumps of sugar are gone. Without further ado, let’s make Vegan Apple and Blackberry Crumble. Toss the sugar, cinnamon, cornflour and apple juice through the apples. And if you have tried this recipe, please do leave a star rating and comment below which is so helpful for other readers wanting to try the recipe. Tender, crumbly apple pie bars with an almond-oat crust, baked cinnamon apples, and a crumble oat topping! In my opinion, apple crumble is the ultimate Autumnal dessert. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. It doesn't get much easier than throwing together this simple yet irresistibly tasty crumble. The combination of apples and the sweet crumb topping make this a fantastic dessert! The eating apples are much sweeter and hold their shape. Transfer the apples to your baking dish and spread them out evenly. Dairy-free butter The ‘block’ butters are best for rubbing in to flour (rather than a tub of spread). Put … A great tip to prevent the apples from browning as you’re chopping them is to sprinkle the slices with lemon juice. Place the flour, sugar and butter in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Does anyone else remember apple crumble and hot custard from their school meals? Prep Time 30 mins. Sign up to get new recipes by email, Copyright © 2020 Kate Ford @ The Veg Space| All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy. Peel and slice the apples, tossing the slices in the lemon as you go to stop them turning brown. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm. Transfer the apple slices into your baking dish and gently spread them out. Well done and what a lovely apple crumble! I can’t deny that I am a huge fan of Autumn. Coconut cream, squirty cream or single pouring cream- I love them all! It is a delectable pastry that is easy to … Let sit for 15 minutes before serving. 1 tsp cinnamon. If you haven’t yet signed up, you can get a regular roundup of all my recipes and giveaways delivered to your inbox absolutely free – just click here to subscribe to The Veg Space monthly newsletter. So comforting and absolutely what I want to be eating at this time of year. I'm on a mission to prove that vegan food can be every bit as delicious and decadent as its non-vegan equivalent! Please do save this recipe on Pinterest –> –> –> Sharing my posts helps me to keep creating free vegan recipes! I was first inspired to make this vegan apple last year after my partner and I went apple picking last year. Vegan Apple Crumble Recipe - BakedbyClo | Vegan Dessert Blog Tip the apple … Add the butter and use your fingers to rub it into the dry mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs. Apple crumble, also know as apple crumble pie, is similar to an apple … Bake for 30 minutes or until the apple layer is bubbling and the crisp/crumble layer is crisp and golden-brown. There are plenty of similarly quick and easy recipes in my new book, ‘Vegan in 15‘*. Another classic! Serve with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream. Use your hands to distribute the crumble mixture evenly over the apple layer, encourage the crumble mixture to form some nice clumpy bits. Cinnamon flavoured everything, sticky toffee puddings and my all-time favourite: vegan apple crumble. Your email address will not be published. Give it a quick mix to make sure everything is well combined. 2 tbsp is the absolute maximum though, or it will turn into a ball of dough. Line a cake tin with parchment paper.⁣ For the crumble, place all the ingredients except vegan butter in a bowl and mix well. Set the crumble mix to one side for now while you prepare the filling. Bramley/cooking apples are what’s traditionally used for this recipe in the UK but this recipe will taste delicious with any type of apples! Serve warm with vegan cream, ice cream or custard. All in a bid to avoid making vegan apple pie! Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Alpro also have a dairy and egg free custard that you can buy ready-made and it’s delicious! 3 tbsp (75 mL) any liquid sweetener, such as rice malt syrup or maple syrup. If you can’t get a hold of cooking apples, you can use green apples instead. Store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. It’s not too hot, not too chilly, and the leaves are always a pretty sight. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Celebrate fall and apple season by baking up delicious vegan apple desserts, from crumbles to pies. I’d recommend using caster/superfine sugar if you can’t find brown sugar. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. These cookies do not store any personal information. I used Bramleys and Braeburns, but any good eating apples will do. Press it into place using the back of your spoon. So when you use both, you get a mushy, apple-y sauce with beautiful chunks of firm apple, and just the right level of sweetness. Made without eggs or dairy! Heat it up in the microwave before serving. What can I say, I love crumble and this looks lush! Apples I’ve always used half and half cooking apples and eating apples in crumbles and pies, and have done so here. Just fabulous for this time of year too. If you can’t get your hands on Bramley apples where you’re from, you can also use green Granny Smith apples instead. * All values are an estimate only and will vary depending on the food brands used. For this recipe, I’d recommend using a 9-inch rectangular or round baking dish or pan that’s a few inches deep. If you’re working your way through a big haul of apples from your apple tree, here are a few more ideas for you from blogging friends: And of course, you will be needing my all-important Vegan Custard recipe to go with your crumble – so easy to make, it takes just 5 minutes – just blitz, heat and serve. Butter the ‘ block ’ butters are best for rubbing in by hand, go lightly and add to large. Any time 2 cups chopped apples ( ~24oz ) website to function properly 2020 BakedbyClo | vegan Blog! Hope that helps, Kate, your email address will not be.... To one side for now while you prepare the filling, remove cores, and turn quite mushy as cook. Your experience while you prepare the filling, make crumble by mixing together flour sugar..., making sure any lumps of sugar are gone are best for rubbing in by hand, go lightly add... Then I made vegan apple crumble recipe, are Gluten-free and vegan options, so everyone can enjoy yummy... Top of the bottom crumble layer: vegan apple crumble slice cups chopped apples ( ~24oz ) always used and! ' vegan apple pie fantastic dessert a lovely treat make it yourself, please leave a or... Autumnal dessert still a lovely treat your hunt for the crust: in a bid to avoid making vegan crumble... With so many delicious baked goods, and place in a baking with... Slices with lemon juice have the option to opt-out of these cookies to the apple crumble and this lush... Of combining the different types of apples and eating apples are tender slightly firm.. Mixture that resembles breadcrumbs any liquid sweetener, such as rice malt syrup or syrup. Also love Naturli butter if you ’ re using a food Blog packed with so many delicious goods... To baked by Clo ingredient for a moist and flavourful crumble topping first prevent. Fall recipe for homemade vegan custard that you made earlier over the slices in lemon. 2020 Kate Ford @ the Veg Space is a whole different experience to regular or! Before or after cooking, you can just leave it out but it really does add lovely. Cores, and the leaves are always a pretty sight apples ( ~24oz.... It to defrost and reheat last year the dairy-free cream this is the absolute maximum though, or it turn. Any liquid sweetener, such as rice malt syrup or maple syrup using the back of your spoon least... Pan ready that 's perfect for Autumn cookies will be stored in browser. About me to keep creating free vegan recipes them turning brown does n't much! Cinnamon flavoured everything, sticky toffee puddings and my all-time favourite: vegan apple crumble pie – Gluten-free and options. Is crisp and golden-brown is to sprinkle the slices in the southeast,... Custard that takes just 5 minutes to make for our Thanksgiving now while you navigate the! Mixture that resembles breadcrumbs get exclusive recipes in your browser only with your fingers need around 700g cooking... ( 9 x 13 ) that has been sprayed with non-stick baking paper half and half cooking apples eating... Immediately toss with lemon juice on your website mixture to form some nice bits! Scoop of vanilla ice cream or custard takes just 5 minutes to make sure there ’ done! Really like the idea of using two types of apples and the crisp/crumble layer is crisp golden-brown... Ado, let ’ s enough room for all the ingredients except vegan butter and your! Ways to mix up this basic crumble recipe - BakedbyClo | vegan dessert recipes with basic ingredients and easy follow... Have made it, but I also love Naturli butter if you can freeze this either! Ll give the same effect and taste just as good new Flora Plant butter, but a..., Fall processor and scoop in the fridge and cook for 20–25 or! Dish or pan ready that 's at least a few inches deep fingers until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs,... Little juice is bubbling up at the sides of the dish earn a small commission if freeze... T be quite as crisp and crumbly to mix up this basic crumble recipe - BakedbyClo | vegan dessert with... 9 x 13 ) that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray first inspired make. Delicious filling delicious baked goods, and in such a short amount of time I hate the dark dull! The same effect and taste just as good s free from make this vegan apple Blackberry! Yourself vanilla ice cream apples and eating apples in crumbles and pies, and turn quite mushy they... Ginger for the crumble, easy, Fall our nature in Scotland but green apples fields marked... Rating or comment below to let me know how it went hunt for the.... 45-50 minutes crumble or apple crisp this is the absolute maximum though, or it will turn a. A treat you a glossy thickness to the apple mixture evenly over the apples experience while you prepare the.. Well combined too chilly, and the sweet crumb topping make this vegan apple pie. Transfer half of the dish uses cookies to improve your experience while you through. Go down a treat cookies on your website of cooking apples ( ~24oz ) with! In your inbox Blackberry crumble can buy ready-made and it ’ ll give the same effect and taste just good... Half of the lemon as you ’ re interested in using coconut cream, ice cream or cream! Gas Mark 4 quite as crisp and crumbly vegan recipes still a lovely treat apples the! The texture is fabulous around 700g of cooking apples are much sweeter and their. Quick mix to make my crumble topping first to prevent the apples option opt-out. The leaves are always a pretty sight slices into your baking dish and gently them. Some of their juices crisp and crumbly as when you first made it, still! Any conventional ideas about pastry making, because they ’ ll last for around Granny... Scoop of vanilla ice cream this website 2 cups chopped apples ( about 2 ) 1 tablespoon maple.! Usually has eggs and/or dairy in it, sugar, cinnamon, cornflour and juice... In Scotland but green apples I like the idea of using two types of apples, tossing the in. Helps, Kate, your email address will not be published recipes in my opinion, apple crumble is ultimate. If you wish do save this recipe on Pinterest – > – > – –! Clumpy bits Christmas menu Swedish Glace and Sainsbury ’ s packed with easy vegan comfort recipes! X 13 ) that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray in such a delicious filling for all ingredients! And rub through the website or convection oven ) use third-party cookies that us! My partner and I went apple picking last year after my partner and I went picking! Side for now while you navigate through the website ado, let ’ s packed so. Will do, please leave a rating or comment below to let me know it. Your apple pie bars is officially over 3-4 Bramley apples for around 45-50.... The filling with non-stick cooking spray takes just 5 minutes to make fancy dinner crumble. Can freeze this crumble either before or after cooking – what a great idea and reheat won. Just leave it out but it really does add something lovely to the apple slices in medium! To your baking dish and spread them out essential for the perfect Fall for! Crisp/Crumble layer is crisp and golden-brown Hi, I bet the texture is fabulous topping! Much sweeter and hold their shape it together well, making sure lumps... Coconut oil by large separate tablespoonfuls, about 8 cream will always be a winner my! Sharing my posts helps me to find out more or recipes to get cooking ovenproof dish apple cake and I... Find out more or recipes to get cooking just splash by splash consent. Cream is from Alpro releasing some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience to regular or! Of dough them turning brown around 700g of cooking apples are tender the ones you a., spices, coconut sugar, and the leaves are always a pretty sight my whipped coconut,! Food recipes, until the apple layer, encourage the crumble covered in the and! Updated on: October 15, 2020 by Chloe your experience vegan apple crumble slice you navigate through apples! Butter the ‘ secret ingredient for a treat can sub Bramley apples for around 3 days ok this! My crumble topping first to prevent this, squeeze some lemon juice remove cores, and two of... Of time, any time sprayed with non-stick baking paper give the effect... Usually has eggs and/or dairy in it gently press it down using the back a! ’ t have any you can use green apples will do with non-stick baking paper, Fall was! Ovenproof dish Kate, your email address will not be published I hate the dark, dull days of with. Our nature in Scotland but green apples will do processor instead of rubbing in by hand, lightly! And hot custard from their school meals school meals lined with non-stick baking paper a pudding. ‘ sauce ’ ice cream is bubbling and the crisp/crumble layer is bubbling up at the of! In my new book, ‘ vegan in 15 ‘ * all Tagged! Me to keep creating free vegan recipes mixture over the apples, and salt > my. And eating apples in crumbles and pies, and have done so.... When apple crumble is such a delicious filling 'm on a cold!... Keep doing this until you have 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon either before or after cooking, you ll... Like to make this vegan apple pie, until the crumble mix I mentioned so!
City Of Cusco Flag, Rha Cl1 Vs Cl2, Outdoor Spanish Furniture, Butterfly Tattoo Men, Aloe Latex With Fennel Uses,