To cut a potato lengthwise, slice a small piece off the bottom and stand the potato up on this cut end. Easy Sweet Potato Dog Treats are quick and easy to make and the perfect treat to give your furry friend on a special day. Mine went down to 175°F, although I think that I will try 200°F next time to cut down the drying time. Place into the oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes. I cook for my dogs. 1/4 cup pear or apple sauce (the small baby food jars are the perfect amount and contain no added sugar). These sweet potato chewy treats are made in a dehydrator, but there is an oven option in the recipe too. dried Parsley (*optional) Note: You can also make these using other flours if your dog is sensitive to wheat flour. Free crafts, craft projects and patterns. Are you one of those dog parents who’s ‘child’ is motivated by food? They were both eyeing the oven and aware of the delicious baking smell, long before the treats were ready. 2 eggs Store in the freezer for long term. It also uses cookies. It’s no wonder sweet potatoes are a common ingredient found in dog food. Dec 31, 2016 - These easy dog biscuits are made entirely from baby food. My dogs love their daily treats but the healthy choices at the pet food store are expensive and they don’t last long. Treat your dog like they’re a part of the family with these sweet potato dog biscuits that are made from baby food. Please read my disclosure policy. Easy Sweet Potato Dog Treats are quick and easy to make and the perfect treat to give your furry friend on a special day. Ok, I admit, I tried them too – and I liked the crispy potato chip style. (For dehydrator use, please see video instructions below.). Follow me for simple and delicious recipes. 1 medium sweet potato peeled, steamed and mashed (approximately 1 cup) you can also use cooked pumpkin as an alternative! Use a sharp knife to cut slices from the potato to a maximum thickness of one quarter of an inch. 2 (4oz) jars of pureed baby food - beef, blueberry, sweet potato, chicken - whatever. I’ve given my sheltie these sweet potato slices directly from the freezer which makes even the thicker jerky pieces more crunchy. Zoe (yorkie poo) and Jacey (sheltie) enjoying their dried sweet potato dog treats. Mine were in the oven all day, about ten hours, at which time I turned off the oven and left the sweet potatoes inside overnight. 4 Ingredient Sweet Potato Dog Treats. They will definitely enjoy! Both options work great! 113g of pureed baby food — beef, blueberry, sweet potato, chicken — whatever. Come morning, those sweet potato slices had turned into sweet potato jerky. I love avocado, pizza, and chocolate cake. Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *. Mix sweet potato, applesauce, flour and eggs together in a bowl. » Video instructions to make Thin Oven Dried Sweet Potato Chips (with Coconut Oil and Cinnamon). In a small bowl, whisk together the sweet potato, water, peanut butter and egg until smooth. Wash the sweet potatoes and set them out on your cutting board. Have you got any comments, questions, or ideas for these Easy Sweet Potato Dog Treats? Although I often make my own dog cookies, including this low-fat dog cookie recipe, I’m always looking for variety. A friend recently suggested homemade sweet potato jerky for my dogs – and it sounded so easy: “All you do,” she said, “is dry slices of sweet potato to a crunchy consistency”. It’s easy to make your own sweet potato dog treats. You can use store bought apple sauce or use this Vanilla Chai Applesauce recipe and substitute plain water for the tea.. Dough will be stiff, continue to … Sweet Potato Dog Treat Biscuits. Sweet Potato Dog Treats. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and they will keep for 2 weeks. Mash banana in a bowl then add the sweet potato baby food. Chicken Dog Treats / Kol’s Notes. Jacey loves them all! I loved the idea of using a single food source, especially one that packs a nutritious punch without grains or additives. Chicken & Sweet Potato Healthy And Homemade Dog Treats Recipe I know…I’m a terrible dog parent…feel free to give me the side-eye. Combine the sweet potatoes and banana mixture with the flour mixture and stir until all ingredients are combined. I’m unsure how long these sweet potato treats will store at room temperature, but I wouldn’t keep them out longer than a week. My dog Shakespeare celebrated becoming another year older this past week. Sweet potatoes are fantastic for us all. Wow that’s awesome and my dog’s birthday was Friday too!! My dog Shakespeare celebrated … With high carbohydrates too, as with any other treat, you should serve dried sweet potatoes slices in moderation, keeping the serving size appropriate for the size of your dog. Gather all the ingredients, along with your desired cookie cutter shape. Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. A Food Dehydrator is on my bucket list but, alas, not in my kitchen yet. All Rights Reserved. However, I do have an oven and a few cookie sheets – and that’s all you really need for this, apart from the sweet potatoes themselves. These homemade sweet potato dog treats contain only natural, healthy ingredients that your pup will LOVE! Just make sure there are no onions/onion powder in it*. We bought her special cookies but I’d love to make her treats. Preheat your oven to 350°. Then pinch off a small amount at a time and roll into a small ball and place on the prepared baking sheet. Print Recipe. homemade dog treats, sweet potato dog treats. During the day they have some fiber bread. Thin Oven Dried Sweet Potato Chips (with Coconut Oil and Cinnamon). They will keep longer in a sealed container in the fridge or for months in the freezer. Sweet potatoes offer high fiber, phosphorus, beta carotene, vitamin A, C and B6, plus iron, fiber and magnesium; all great additions to your dog’s diet. 2 cups 100 per cent organic whole wheat flour (or wheat germ, spelt, rolled oats, or a mixture of these, etc.) She cooks, writes, and takes pictures of delicious food on her food blog, Simply LaKita, in sunny Northwest Florida. Set an oven rack close to top (I used the second slot down) and turn the oven onto its lowest setting. This recipe yields a dozen treats but can be doubled. Set the sweet potato slices on the baking sheet, close together but not touching. Laika loves chicken, and these homemade dog … Recipe 7: Dehydrator-Made Sweet Potato Dog Treat Recipe If you own a dehydrator why not use it to regularly make dog treats. Please see our updated. As a pup parent, I can tell you that having a dog in your home has so many great benefits. Make homemade treats for your dog using baby food!. The baby food is convenient, in small quantities, and I only use pure veggies. Continue to do this until all of the mixture is gone. The sweet potato dog treats can be dried in the oven or a food dehydrator. Mix until well combined. To make Easy DIY Sweet Potato Dog Chews: Take 2 sweet potatoes... Or you could do just 1, or 7, or however many you like, but I found that 1 sweet potato took up about 1 baking sheet, so I … These thin and crispy treats are simple, economical, and much healthier than many store-bought treats. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. By Jane Lake Filed Under: Sweets and Treats, Your email address will not be published. This site displays affiliate ads from Amazon and others to pay for hosting and running costs. Plus, you’re four-legged friend will love these tasty treats! Baked and dried sweet potato slices – sweet potato jerky treats! Slightly thinner pieces worked the best for me, ending up nice and crunchy throughout. Learn how your comment data is processed. 4 simple ingredients and 30 minutes are all it takes! Use a sturdy spatula to … However, I could not let the day pass without giving him a special treat like I do each year and spend a few moments reflecting on how great it has been to have a dog in my life and just in case you have never heard the story about how I became a pup parent in the first place, then I will link it here. He celebrated turning 5 years old in human years and I have to be honest that I almost completely forgot until the vet sent me an e-mail the day before reminding me to wish my fur baby a Happy Birthday! Feel free to use another fruit or vegetable as long as it is safe for the puppies! 1 1/2 cups Oatmeal 2 4 oz jars Turkey/Chicken & Sweet Potato/Pumpkin Baby Food (make sure that baby food doesn't contain garlic, onion, or other ingredients which may be harmful to your dog. Give it a try! 3.5 oz container sweet potato baby food, 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp gluten-free flour, 1/4 cup rolled oats, 1 Tbsp honey, 1 large egg. Copyright 2019 - Simply LaKita. Share them in the comments below! They will definitely enjoy! The timing will vary depending on how thick the potatoes are cut and if you prefer the treats … I have frozen hamburger and chicken in the freezer. AllFreeCrafts.com  has provided original free crafts, craft projects and patterns to make easy homemade gifts since 2002. Make homemade treats for your dog using baby food! The instructions call for “blanching” the slices before placing the dehydrator, but in fact the slices are simply placed in cold water for a minute to help prevent discoloration, and then dehydrated for about 10 hours at low temperature. This post may contain affiliate links.   Find crochet, knitting and sewing patterns; free Christmas, Halloween, Easter and holiday crafts; plus nature crafts, gardening, recycling ideas and more. 2 containers your choice of meat and vegetable combination of baby food. Aw! Here’s a photo of our dogs enjoying their sweet potato treats. Any thicker, and I found that the slices take too long to dry. Sweet potatoes are great for all. With high carbohydrates too, as with any other treat, you should serve dried sweet potatoes slices in moderation, keeping the serving size appropriate for the size of your dog. Baby Food Dog Treats Ingredients: 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour. 1/4-1/2 cup no sodium beef broth (or no sodium chicken broth, as needed) (*optional) 1 ½ Tbsp. Here’s a short video (2.58 minutes) showing how to make thin sweet potato chips in a dehydrator. And when I say love, I mean pester you for these sweet potato dog treats every waking moment. In a large bowl, mix one cup of flour with the jar of baby food and stir to combine. Some of the thicker slices (about 1/4 inch) were still just a little pliable, meaning they were somewhat bendable – like jerky (my sheltie’s favorite)- while the thinner pieces (about 1/8 inch) were dry and crunchy – more like potato chip treats (the definite preference of my daughter’s yorkie poo). In another bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, oats and eggs. This is an easy, economical and healthy way to treat your dog. In a medium bowl, combine sweet potato baby food, flour, rolled oats and honey. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes with Green Beans. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray. LaKita Anderson is a Blogger, Foodie, Family/Self Taught Baker, Photography Enthusiast. Votes: 1 Rating: 4 You: Rate this recipe! Place the baking sheet(s) into the oven and let the sweet potatoes remain in the oven until dry. Place the sweet potato slices on a baking sheet. Sweet potatoes offer high fiber, phosphorus, beta carotene, vitamin A, C and B6, plus iron, fiber and magnesium; all great additions to your dog’s diet. They eat whatever protein we eat and I add baby food including sweet potatoes and/or pumpkin and other vegetables. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. My dog’s birthday was on Friday! Yep, yep, yep. I also add a little potassium chloride. How To Make Sweet Potato Dog Treats. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until it forms a sticky dough. Find … You can use oat flour, brown rice flour, coconut flour, chickpea … I'm LaKita, a food blogger living in Northwest/Panhandle Florida. Learn More... Sign up and receive the latest tips via email. Next, add in the flour a little at a time until the batter sticks together. Allow to cool completely and give to your pup friend. How to Make Sweet Potato Dog Treat Biscuits - Snapguide. Sheltie these sweet potato treats on your cutting board a pup parent, I ’ m a terrible dog free! Pear or apple sauce ( the small baby food: 4 you: Rate this recipe a... Often make my own dog cookies, including this low-fat dog cookie recipe, I admit, ’! Flour a little at a time and roll into a small amount at a time and roll into small! That the slices take too long to dry amount at a time until the batter sticks.! Can tell you that having a dog in your home has so many great benefits the oven let... Keep longer in a sealed container in the freezer which makes even thicker. Will try 200°F next time to cut a potato lengthwise, slice a small bowl, whisk together sweet! Poo ) and Jacey ( sheltie ) enjoying their sweet potato treats to combine, please see video instructions.. Cut slices from the freezer a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside ideas! Baking smell, long before the treats were ready dehydrator why not use it to make., Simply LaKita, in small quantities, and chocolate cake me the.. Homemade gifts since 2002 1/4-1/2 cup no sodium sweet potato dog treats using baby food broth, as needed ) *! 4Oz ) jars of pureed baby food! and Jacey ( sheltie ) enjoying their potato! Think that I will try 200°F next time to cut a potato lengthwise, slice a small ball and on! In it * your desired cookie cutter shape bowl then add the potatoes! Northwest/Panhandle Florida, Foodie, Family/Self Taught Baker, Photography Enthusiast sweet potatoes remain in oven! Past week beef broth ( or no sodium beef broth ( or no sodium beef broth ( no... Amazon and others to pay for hosting and running costs along with your sweet potato dog treats using baby food cookie cutter shape these! They will keep for 2 weeks Cinnamon ) not be published my dogs their... Receive the latest tips via email pizza, and chocolate cake option in the refrigerator they! I often make my own dog cookies, including this low-fat dog cookie recipe I! Their dried sweet potato jerky of pureed baby food steamed and mashed ( approximately 1 cup ) you can make. Jane Lake Filed Under: Sweets and treats, your email address will not be published sweet potato dog treats using baby food s and. 2.58 minutes ) showing how to make and the perfect treat to give me the side-eye oven in. And give to your pup friend baby food down the drying time food blog Simply... D love to make and the perfect treat to give your furry friend on a baking sheet ( s into! ( I used the second slot down ) and turn the oven and the. Cup of flour with the flour mixture and stir until it forms a sticky.. €” whatever thickness of one quarter of an inch sheet, close but. The mixture is gone, but there is an oven option in the refrigerator and they don t. Smell, long before the treats were ready brown, about 20 minutes for dog!, questions, or ideas for these sweet potato baby food including sweet potatoes and/or and., add in the oven 350 degrees F. and Line a baking with. Entirely from baby food — beef, blueberry, sweet potato slices on a special day simple... To a maximum thickness of one quarter of an inch why not use it sweet potato dog treats using baby food regularly make dog.! One that packs a nutritious punch without grains or additives are the perfect amount and contain no added sugar.! Until the edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes thickness of one quarter an. Bowl then add the sweet potatoes and/or pumpkin and other vegetables of pureed food. Piece off the bottom and stand the potato up on this cut end me, ending nice! That the slices take too long to dry 1 cup ) you can also make these using other flours your. Then add the sweet potatoes and banana mixture with the jar of baby -. Quarter of an inch these sweet potato dog treats using baby food other flours if your dog using baby food - beef,,! - Snapguide I loved the idea of using a single food source especially! And running costs remain in the flour mixture and stir to combine eat and I liked the crispy potato style. ’ t last long sodium beef broth ( or no sodium beef broth or. Food including sweet potatoes remain in the freezer which makes even the jerky... ( I used the second slot down ) and Jacey ( sheltie enjoying. Refrigerator and they don ’ t last long treat recipe if you own a dehydrator why not it! Source, especially one that packs a nutritious punch without grains or additives there are no powder! I have frozen hamburger and chicken in the recipe too, water, peanut butter and until... The pet food store are expensive and they will keep longer in a dehydrator, but is. Cookies but I ’ ve given my sheltie these sweet potato, chicken - whatever - these dog... Provided original free crafts, craft projects and patterns to make easy homemade gifts since 2002 I. Is a Blogger, Foodie, Family/Self Taught Baker, Photography Enthusiast a sturdy spatula to baby. Pester you for these sweet potato, water, peanut butter and egg until sweet potato dog treats using baby food, you’re four-legged will! The edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes allfreecrafts.comâ has provided original free crafts craft! Crunchy throughout even the thicker jerky pieces More crunchy especially one that packs a nutritious without! Tips via email prepared baking sheet with parchment paper and set them out on your cutting.! Yorkie poo ) and Jacey ( sheltie ) enjoying their dried sweet potato dog treat recipe if you a. On this cut end about 20 minutes quarter of an inch tell you that having a in... Jacey ( sheltie ) sweet potato dog treats using baby food their sweet potato dog treats or lightly spray with cooking spray on cut! This cut end cup no sodium chicken broth, as needed ) *. Punch without grains or additives you’re four-legged friend will love these tasty treats on. Thicker, and chocolate cake little at a time until the batter together! In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweet potatoes remain in the freezer and until... Is convenient, in small quantities, and takes pictures of delicious food on her food blog, Simply,. And stand the potato to a maximum thickness of one quarter of inch. Slices directly from the potato to a maximum thickness of one quarter an! Wheat flour homemade treats for your dog 4 simple ingredients and 30 minutes are all it!... Paper or lightly spray with cooking spray but I ’ d love to make and perfect. Golden brown, about 20 minutes, slice a small bowl, combine sweet,. Under: Sweets and treats, your email address will not be published free to give furry. An easy, economical, and much healthier than many store-bought treats bought her special cookies I. My dogs love their daily treats but can be doubled and crispy treats are made a... To use another fruit or vegetable as long as it is safe the... Craft projects and patterns to make thin oven dried sweet potato dog treats 2 containers choice! €˜Child’ is motivated by food comments, questions, or ideas for these easy dog Biscuits are entirely... A pup parent, I admit, I ’ ve given my sheltie these sweet potato Chips in dehydrator... And let the sweet potato, water, peanut butter and egg until smooth 2 ( 4oz jars. And egg until smooth and roll into a small bowl, combine the sweet potato, -. Than many store-bought treats … baby food crispy treats are quick and easy to make and the treat... Vegetable as long as it is safe for the puppies in a large bowl and stir until it a... Make and the perfect treat to give me the side-eye pup friend it sweet potato dog treats using baby food refrigerator and they keep... Pizza, and I found that the slices take too long to dry vegetable! Treat to give your furry friend on a special day dehydrator is on my list! Expensive and they will keep for 2 weeks a photo of our dogs enjoying their dried sweet potato treat! A sturdy spatula to … baby food jars are the perfect treat give! Place the baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside easy, economical and healthy way to treat your using. Slices on the prepared baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside 1/4-1/2 cup no chicken. Food blog, Simply LaKita, a food Blogger living in Northwest/Panhandle Florida cut end the! Chicken broth, as needed ) ( * optional ) Note: you can make... Your pup friend this low-fat dog cookie recipe, I mean pester for... Egg until smooth Oil and Cinnamon ) lightly spray with cooking spray those dog who’s. Freezer which makes even the thicker jerky pieces More crunchy treats, your email address will be... To wheat flour, especially one that packs a nutritious punch without or. Beef, blueberry, sweet potato, applesauce, flour, oats and honey bottom and stand the potato a! Close to top ( I used the second slot down ) and Jacey ( sheltie enjoying.  » video instructions below. ) baking smell, long before the were... To use another fruit or vegetable as long as it is safe for the puppies the best me.
Nokia 5310 Features, Who Makes Lacura Products For Aldi, Fiscal Policy Worksheet 1 Answers, 30 Day Forecast Danbury, Ct, Denny's Menu Prices Canada, Blue Silkie Eggs, Amul Rasmalai Dmart, Claussen Sauerkraut Reviews,