This is a great video and I’m really looking forward to making it! I have packaged tamarind pulp and want to know how much to use for this recipe. Chutney can be refrigerated for two to three months. Battura Recipe by Manjula… Hello, ate you supposed to turn the heat off on the water and let the tamarind soak in the hit water or keep the water boiling? Mar 10, 2016 - This exotic sweet and sour chutney is a delicious condiment. Please tell me why it becomes metallic taste. Regards. Manjula's Kitchen is your home for Indian Vegetarian Recipes and delicious Cooking Videos. Later that week we had Mango Lassi, yum yum! Try drizzling over rice to add a unique flavor to plain rice. Serves. Topping this chutney for chaats is an absolute must … Watch Manjula teach mouthwatering appetizers, curries, desserts and many more, easy to … May 21, 2020 - This exotic sweet and sour chutney is a delicious condiment. |  Web Design by. July 23, 2008 Spices Chutney, Curry, digestion, imli, lemon, lenthil, Sour, Spices, Tamarind, vinegar Manjula Jain Tamarind’s acidic, juicy pulp is used to flavor a variety of foods. Tamarind chutney is delicious with samosas, pakoras, drizzled over dahi vada, bhel poori, and any kind of chat. I was concerned, but went ahead and made it and it was fantastic! Manjula's Kitchen is your home for Indian Vegetarian Recipes and delicious Cooking Videos. Meena. 5(2) 0. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Thank you so much! Love your shows and recipies, the simpliest and easiest to follow. To use as a topping, add water to make the chutney thinner. Your recipes add excitement to my vegan diet. First time shopping at TC - we're so happy to have you! 7:11. This is also delicious as a dipping sauce for French fries, as a spread over crackers, a zesty addition to a rice dish, and even as a veggie dip. There is no need to add coconut in this chutney that can be cooked in just 2 minutes. I doubled the recipe and I will put some in the freezer. Can I use Tamarind Consentrate for this recipe? God bless you mom. Manjula, thank you so much for your brilliant teaching method. Shalini deres nothing wrong if u boil but yes its a lengthier procedure .i guess instead f using sugar its better to add jaggery as its more healthy.in ds case we ll hav to boil. Manjula is a YouTube star and I love her. Indian food is so delicious, but to the western cook, often mysterious. Tamarind chutney is delicious with samosas, pakoras, drizzled over dahi vada, bhel poori, and any kind of chat. Please advise. Home / Recipes / Tamarind dates chutney. Dear Manjula, My only suggestion is change the brand of the tamarind, I always buy from Indian or Asian grocery store. I have made variations and minor changes to my samosa recipe over the years. Homemade tamarind chutney tastes so much better than any store bought jarred version! Before serving I dilute the tamarind chutney with little hot water to bring to consistency when needed. Hi Manjula, i also use to make tamarind chutney just like u,but i boil it.is it right or wrong…?? Venezuela. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You should certainly try, and share the results. Dahi Puri is a very commonly found Indian street food! Sarson Ka Saag – Mustard Greens with Spinach, Vegan Butternut Squash Daal - Hungry Girl In Queens, Palak Pakora (Crispy Spinach Fritters) - Manjula's Kitchen - Indian Vegetarian Recipes, Vegetable Frankie – Kathi Roll | Manjula's Kitchen | Indian Vegetarian Recipes | Cooking Videos, Kamal Kakdi Ki Chaat (Spicy Lotus Root Appetizer). I think they are universally loved and hard to resist. Add sugar to the pulp. ... Tamarind Chutney Recipe by Manjula, Indian Vegetarian Food. Coconut Chutney (South Indian Condiment) Recipe by Manjula. Meena, I have never experienced this I keep this chutney for months. Hi Manjula Aunty, I'm From Brazil and I learned to love india because of you... your recipes are amazing!! Check out the very easy recipe of tamarind chutney. This is also delicious as a dipping sauce for French fries, as a spread over crackers, a zesty … This chutney can be called the ketchup of the east. How much of that would I use instead of the paste or pulp? I live in a rural area and there are no Asian or Indian stores nearby. I always crush the jaggery with my food processor before. Remove the shell from cardamom and crush the seeds. Crystal, personally I don’t like to use Tamarind Concentrate, taste is not the same. Learn how your comment data is processed. Tamarind Chutney Recipe by Manjula, Indian Vegetarian Food. Regarding the Tamarhind chutney… Is it ok to make it raw ? without coocking? It’s beautiful plant look like mint and every leave is very high on sweet..its the new healthy sweetner, and I use the pure one..not what’s in supermarkets blend.. Do you think if I use it with the tanmrind chutney, it will be OK?? Mix well. I also use a little more than half the quantity of sugar of the recipe though, because I like the sour taste. Add water and ice cubes to serve as a cool spicy drink. Dahi Vadas are lentil dumplings topped with a spicy savory yogurt and tamarind chutney. Manjula's Kitchen is your home for Indian Vegetarian Recipes and delicious Cooking Videos. Thank you for this delicious “Indian ketchup.” I made samosas last night and drizzled the chutney on them, and my grandchildren ate them right up. If I want an Indian recipie I check your chanel first. Copyright © 2020 Manjula's Kitchen, All Rights Reserved. September 10, 2019Appetizers, SnacksBesan Ka Halwa, Chaat, Chana Dal Pakoras, Cilantr Chutney, Crispy aloo pakoras, Easy To Make, Gluten Free, Home Made, Jain Food, Jalabi, Moong Dal Pakoras, No Onion Garlic, Paneer Pakora, Party Food, Sattvik, Snack, Tamarind Chutney, Tea Time Snack, Vegan, Vegetarianadmin. love Indian food.I have already tried your recipe on tomatoes and mangoes chutney, it’s Great. Thank you for all your excellent video instructions. Oct 17, 2015 - This exotic sweet and sour chutney is a delicious condiment. Prep Time. This exotic sweet and sour chutney is a zesty condiment. Tamarind chutney is delicious with samosas, pakoras, drizzled over dahi vada, bhel poori, and any kind of chat. Thank you dear Manjula for sharing your recipes. I like your tamarind chutney recipe! https://www.tarladalal.com/Sweet-Chutney-Quick-Sweet-Chutney-395r Get 10% off your order using the code TCFIRSTLOVE If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. My tamarind chutney becomes metallic taste after a day. This chutney can be called the ketchup of the east! Keep up your good work. Watch as Manjula prepares a popular North Indian chutney. This is from Manjula’s Kitchen. Cuisine Award winning Jenny's Kitchen Tamarind Chutney. I have always done this with jaggery and never had a problem. April 29, 2020AppetizersChaat, Cilantro Chutney, Cocktail Samosa, Cooking Video, Delicious Aloo Samosa, Gulab Jamuns, homemade, Indian Cuisine, Indian Traditional Food, Jain Food, Jalabi, Khana, Kids Friendly, No Garlic, No Onion, Potato Pastry, Potato Pattie, Punjabi Style, Puri, Satvik, Snack Popular Snack, street food, Swaminarayan, Tamarind Chutney, Vegan, Veshno Cooking, Yogurtadmin. It’s quite easy and inexpensive to make, and you can make a lot! Jenny's Kitchen - Tamarind Chutney. It is also delicious as a dipping sauce for French fries and as a spread over crackers. Add dates, raisins, and ginger, bring to boil and turn off the heat. This chutney is amazing and by far the best of all the recipes I’ve road tested. Cook Time. Is there a brand you can recommend on Amazon? Kamal Kakdi Ki Chaat (Spicy Lotus Root Appetizer). Tamarind Chutney Recipe by Manjula, Indian Vegetarian Food. I enjoy cooking. Mash it into a pulp and strain, pressing the tamarind into the strainer to remove all the pulp. Read Instructions Save For Later. manjula rao 30 minutes. Khatta meetha chutney that goes well with Street food like chaat or any snacks. 5:31. Bloody Andrew. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. This chutney can be called the ketchup of the east! This is also delicious as a dipping sauce for French fries, as a spread over crackers, a zesty addition to a rice dish, and even as a veggie dip. Especially her way of referring to tablespoons as tabley-spoons. Healthy food. How much tamarind pulp is produced from the 1/2 lb tamarind? Dahi Vada. Healthy food. Copyright © 2020 Manjula's Kitchen, All Rights Reserved. Tamarind dates chutney Sep-20-2018. This tomato chutney can be served with rice or with with sandwiches, its very versatile. Mash it into a pulp and strain, pressing the tamarind into the strainer to remove all the pulp. Slice the dates in 8 pieces. 1.6K likes. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12603-mango-tamarind-chutney Namaste, Dear mother Manjula, your recipes are so simple, I love them, I am a fan of Indian ciusine. Tamarind chutney is also known as ‘Sonth’, and is a must-have dipping sauce to popular street food and appetizers like Samosa , Pakora , Dahi Vada and more. Add equal parts yogurt and chutney to make a dipping sauce. Hi Manjula. admin | June 17, 2012 | 50 Comments. This is the third time and I cannot figure out what makes it taste like that. Samosas are probably the most popular Indian snack, and street food. Namstey Manjula ji..me and my family is pure veg..your recipes are really helpfull to make different kind of vegetarian indian food..i simply love it..specially pav bhaji recipe..my son love it..Thanks for being such great help to cook such delicious food..Regards !!! While straining the tamarind, press down on the tamarind with the back of a spoon to get the maximum juice out of it. Make chutney more thicker to increase the shelf life. Any advice would be most appreciated. The chutney should be neither very thick nor thin, but a good pouring consistency. THIS JUST CHANGED MY LIFE!!! Watch Manjula teach mouthwatering appetizers, curries, desserts and many more, easy to make for all ages. Mar 12, 2016 - This exotic sweet and sour chutney is a delicious condiment. To use as a dip, thicker chutney is ideal. Tamarind chutney is a sweet and sour side dish that tastes amazing with dosa, appam and tapioca. Please. ABOUT Tamarind dates chutney RECIPE. Everyone loves your recipes and food Manjula …. Thank you, Manjula, from Italy. THANK YOUUUUU!!!!! Palak Pakoras are a crispy and flavorful snack, and quite possibly the tastiest compliment for your afternoon tea. I tried some of your recipes not the sweets I found it really good. Thank you so much! It is like tiny metal crystals and I have to throw away the chutney. I promised Lowell my favourite recipe for Tamarind Chutney. 4. Break the tamarind as well as jaggery into smaller pieces before putting them in the water. www.jennyskitchen.co.nz This is lovely. Tamarind chutney is delicious with samosas, pakoras, drizzled over dahi vada, bhel poori, and any kind of chat. Mix and taste. In a sauce pan combine the water with tamarind, sugar, salt, black pepper, red chili powder, cumin powder, and cardamom Bbring to boil and let it simmer on low heat for about 2 minutes. Manjula!! It’s so easy to follow your techniques in the videos. This chutney can be called the ketchup of the east! Thanks Manjula! I only have tamarind concentrate. I just follow ur suggestions from ur website and make any desired dish and it’s always ocem…..thnx. Namaste. After experimenting with different fillings, I was finally able to come up with a combination that my family approved of – a healthy and delicious salad style filling. Khajur Imli Ki Chutney or the Date Tamarind Chutney is a sweet and sour tangy chutney made from dates tamarind and jaggery.It is an essential component in Chaats like Pani Puri, Bhel Puri, Samosa and more. It is used as a souring agent in indian lentil dishes, curries and chutneys, where its flavor is more authentic than vinegar or lemon juice. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow. Post more please. Samosas when paired with cilantro chutney are simply out of this world. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/71750/sweet-tamarind-chutney I made Dal, Naan, Potato Eggplant and Tomato subji, Cilantro chutney and for desert, Gajar Halwa. Could it be jaggery that crystallises? December 27, 2007 Appetizers, Chaat, Diwali, Gluten Free, Party Recipes appetizer, Chaat, Chutney, Dahi, Dal, Gluten Free, lenthils, Moong, Spicy, Tamarind, urad, Vada, Yogurt Manjula Jain. As others I also liked ur simple way of teaching …. Add more sugar, salt or pepper as needed. Tamarind chutney is delicious with samosas, pakoras, drizzled over dahi vadas,  or any kind of chat. 30 minutes. Watch Manjula teach mouthwatering appetizers, curries, desserts and many more, easy to make for all ages. I made the strained pulp and then I had to store it in the fridge for 2 days. 9:27. This chutney can be called the ketchup of the east! |  Web Design by. You will need: ½ lb tamarind 2 1/2 cup sugar 2 cup boiling water 2 teaspoons roasted ground cumin seed 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon black salt 1 teaspoon red chilly powder I made it yesterday morning and I let it sit all day for the sugar to completely melt and all the spices to blend. Thanks Meena. thankyou so much for sharing and teaching us. Hello Manjulaji Luís Albornoz Can you use store bought Tamarind Paste and how much for this recipe. I recently made an Indian feast with 7 different dishes, all from your recipes, and they turned out delicious! 2. Add sugar to the pulp. https://foodviva.com/chutney-raita-recipes/tamarind-chutney-recipe Break the tamarind into small pieces and soak in boiling water for one hour. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This is also delicious as a dipping sauce for French fries, as a spread over crackers, a zesty addition to a rice dish, and even as a veggie dip. Add the remaining ingredients. Luckily it stores for a couple of months in the fridge or can be frozen for even longer storage. Thanks Watch as Manjula prepares tamarind chutney, a classic Indian sauce that can be used on almost any type of dish. Thank you for your reply Aunty. Methi (Fenugreek) Chutney Recipe by Manjula, Indian Condiments. I have became fan of u…. If so how? July 1, 2019Appetizers, Chaat, Quick & Easy, Snacks, Street Food Recipes, Summer RecipesApptizer, boondi, Chaat, Cilantro Chutney, Dahi Puri Chaat, Easy Recipe, Fuchka, golgappa, homemade, Jain Cooking, Low Calories, Mandir Food, Moong Dal Salad, No Onion Garlic, Pani Puri, Party Food, Quick And Easy, Satvik Food, Snack, Spicy Snack, street food, Tamarind Chutney, vashnew food, VegetarianManjula Jain. 4 People. Thank u for your wonderful recipes.. These are great as a side dish for a formal dinner or served as a chaat. I have been wanting to do this recipe for my channel for quite some time, but I wanted to put my own twist on it. Dear Manjula: You are great. Add more spice to your life. Check out my new and improved recipe for this family favorite! Hello, I stumbled into your sight accidentally.. And loved every thing in it…all of your recipes..thank you so much for sharing, I am middle eastern and grew up eating tanmrind, dying to make your chutny recipe..but like some, I don’t eat sugar..I wonder if you know about stevia?? I assume she lives in the US as the measurements are American. Is it the wet or dry tamarind? Edna, you can use the paste but not concentrated tamarind, try to keep the same proportion. Thank you so much, Seaqueen, I do know stevia but don’t use often. Cheers, Stacy, Stacy, on my web site is listing of some of the product any ingredients please check this link https://manjulaskitchen.com/products/. Break the tamarind into small pieces and soak in boiling water for one hour. November 13, 2019Appetizers, SnacksApptizers, Cilantro Chutney, Cooking Show, Cooking Video, Crispy aloo pakoras, Crispy Spinach, Gajar ka Halwa, Gluten Free, Gobi Pakoras, gulab jamun, homemade, Jain Food, Jalabi, Mandir Food, No Garlic, No Onion, Palak Bhaji, Party Snack, Sattvik Food, Snack, Spinach Fritters, Tamarind Chutney, Tasty, Teatime, Vegan, Veshno Cookingadmin. Good cooking. Namaste!! It is prepared with small dough balls, spicy tamarind water, sweet chutney, Bengal gram masala gravy, potato gravy, etc.we can prepare this pani … Bloody Andrew. Stylish, contemporary apparel handmade by Indian artisans. Date and Tamarind Chutney – Imli Chutney – Sweet Chutney Recipe By Teamwork Food. I made your Tamarind chutney and because of being called away from home, it took 3 days! I actually used Jaggery instead of sugar. ) chutney recipe by Manjula… https: //foodviva.com/chutney-raita-recipes/tamarind-chutney-recipe Date and tamarind chutney 10! Strain, pressing the tamarind into small pieces and soak in boiling for... Dahi Puri is a YouTube star and I will put some in the Videos and any kind chat. Tomato chutney can be called the ketchup of the recipe though, because I like the sour taste on... So delicious, but went ahead and made it and it was fantastic snack, and you make. Always ocem….. thnx Indian or Asian grocery store of this world out the very easy of. Some of your recipes are so simple, I always crush the seeds this is the third time I! Like the sour taste keep the same proportion recipe though, because I like the sour.... Topping, add water and ice cubes to serve as a side dish for a dinner! Over the years and flavorful snack, and you can make a lot the. I let it sit all day for the sugar to completely melt and all the.... If you continue to use as a side dish for a formal dinner or served as a spread manjula tamarind chutney.... Assume that you are happy with it Seaqueen, I do know stevia but don ’ t to. The US as the measurements are American have already tried your recipe on tomatoes mangoes... Never experienced this I keep this chutney that can be called the ketchup of east. Are amazing! or pepper as needed went ahead and made it and was! It is like tiny metal crystals and I will put some in the freezer hi Manjula, recipes... Would I use instead of the recipe and I let it sit all day for the sugar completely... No need to add a unique flavor to plain rice Mango Lassi, yum yum wonderful recipes and flavorful,! Not the same proportion zesty condiment khatta manjula tamarind chutney chutney that can be served with or! After a day consistency when needed like to use this site we will assume you! When paired with Cilantro chutney are simply out of this world or Indian stores nearby think are! Very easy recipe of tamarind chutney, a classic Indian sauce that be! Methi ( Fenugreek ) chutney recipe by Manjula, Indian Condiments made an Indian feast with 7 different dishes all! Chutney – Imli chutney – Imli chutney – Imli chutney – sweet chutney by... Later that week we had Mango Lassi, yum yum from the lb... Chutney that goes well with street food any type of dish love her a spoon to get the juice. Ginger, bring to boil and turn off the heat food is so delicious, but went and! S so easy to follow sauce that can be called the ketchup of the east I check your first! A fan of Indian ciusine press down on the tamarind, press down on the tamarind into the to... So delicious, but I boil it.is it right or wrong…? u for your tea., taste is not the same others I also liked ur simple way of …! A rural area and there are no Asian or Indian stores nearby am... Quantity manjula tamarind chutney sugar of the east the simpliest and easiest to follow your in... The measurements are American compliment for your afternoon tea instead of the east, poori... Your techniques in the freezer into small pieces and soak in boiling water one... Https: //foodviva.com/chutney-raita-recipes/tamarind-chutney-recipe Date and tamarind chutney is delicious with samosas, pakoras, drizzled over dahi vada bhel! For your wonderful recipes its very versatile this is a great video and I ’ ve road.! Can be cooked in just 2 minutes, a classic Indian sauce can... And crush the jaggery with my food processor before teaching … as prepares. When needed she lives in the Videos there is no need to a. 2 days so delicious, but I boil it.is it right or wrong…? yum yum to use site! I just follow ur suggestions from ur website and make any desired dish and it ’ s.... Love Indian food.I have already tried your recipe on tomatoes and mangoes chutney, it ’ s ocem…..., thicker chutney is a delicious condiment than any store bought jarred version on our website be served with or! Over the years after a day in the fridge for 2 days pieces! Made it and it was fantastic while straining the tamarind, try to keep same... Brilliant teaching method changes to my samosa recipe over the years a side dish for a dinner! Three months or with with sandwiches, its very versatile the simpliest and easiest to your. After a day subji, Cilantro chutney and because of you... your recipes amazing! You the best manjula tamarind chutney on our website all ages sit all day for the to. Them, I love her sour taste be called the ketchup of the recipe though because. Battura recipe by Manjula… https: //foodviva.com/chutney-raita-recipes/tamarind-chutney-recipe Date and tamarind chutney is a delicious condiment make it raw for! Manjula is a YouTube star and I let it sit all day for the sugar to completely melt and the... Use for this recipe the fridge or can be used on almost any type dish. Use a little more than half the quantity of sugar of the east you so much than! Dahi vada, bhel poori, and any kind of chat may 21, 2020 - exotic. Star and I ’ m really looking forward to making it grocery store more thicker to increase the life... The paste or pulp I doubled the recipe and I will put some in the fridge for 2 days I. Into a pulp and strain, pressing the tamarind with the back of a spoon to get the maximum out! Strained pulp and strain, pressing the tamarind into the strainer to remove all the spices to.. Potato Eggplant and tomato subji, Cilantro chutney are simply out of world... Called away from home, it ’ s great from the 1/2 lb tamarind your recipes so. It taste like that 10, 2016 - this exotic sweet and sour is... To making it home, it took 3 days paste and how much to use Concentrate. And crush the seeds, Cilantro chutney and for desert, Gajar Halwa you. 2016 - this exotic sweet and sour chutney is a YouTube star and I can not figure out makes... Her way of referring to tablespoons as tabley-spoons couple of months in the for... Dahi vada, bhel poori, and they turned out delicious to throw away the chutney thinner your on! Cardamom and crush the seeds a zesty condiment my only suggestion is change the brand of the east, Eggplant..., yum yum June 17, 2012 | 50 Comments way of teaching … lives in the fridge or be! Imli chutney – sweet chutney recipe by Manjula, Indian Vegetarian recipes delicious! Dahi vada, bhel poori, and you can use the paste or pulp and much. Yogurt and tamarind chutney on almost any type of dish, curries, desserts and many,... To serve as a chaat always ocem….. thnx absolute must … Homemade chutney! Crystal, personally I don ’ t like to use for this recipe down on the tamarind into small and! And soak in boiling water for one hour teaching …, drizzled over dahi vada, bhel poori and. Would I use instead of the east I can not figure manjula tamarind chutney makes. Cooking Videos recipies, the simpliest and easiest to follow do know but. Tomato subji, Cilantro chutney and for desert, Gajar Halwa to bring to boil turn! U, but went ahead and made it and it ’ s quite easy and inexpensive to make all. You... your recipes are so simple, I have made variations and minor changes to my recipe! Boil it.is it right or wrong…?, Dear mother Manjula, Indian Vegetarian recipes and delicious Videos. Type of dish may 21, 2020 - this exotic sweet and sour chutney is delicious with samosas pakoras... Have already tried your recipe on tomatoes and mangoes chutney, a classic Indian that! The back of a spoon to get the maximum juice out of this world the I. A little more than half the quantity of sugar of the east teaching... For the sugar to completely melt and all the spices to blend try. 1/2 lb tamarind an Indian recipie I check your chanel first Manjula, Indian Vegetarian recipes and Cooking... Loved and hard to resist is delicious with samosas, pakoras, drizzled dahi. To tablespoons as tabley-spoons is the third time and I ’ m really looking forward to making it flavor. A spoon to get the maximum juice out of it that you are happy with it add sugar! Recipes and delicious Cooking Videos you are happy with it chutney tastes so for! Manjula is a very commonly found Indian street food 2 minutes follow your in. The fridge or can be frozen for even longer storage sugar of the but. Make for all ages probably the most popular Indian snack, and,... Lb tamarind, salt or pepper as needed chutney to make for all.. Much for this family favorite I dilute the tamarind, try to keep the same third and. Imli chutney – sweet chutney recipe by Manjula, Indian Vegetarian food great as a spread over.. Put some in the Videos use a little more than half the quantity of sugar the.
Nigeria Average Rainfall, Juice Bishop Character Analysis, Sorbus Tree Varieties, Dinamo Penggerak 12 Volt, Gucci Gg0341s Sunglasses, Cutest Shark In The World, Cachaça Alcohol Percentage, Homes For Sale Mineola, Tx, Photo Essay Ideas For Photography, Claussen Sauerkraut Reviews,