Yum yum. Sorry about my short rant! I browned the sausage on saute mode, added onions until translucent, then garlic. It's healthy, it's delicious, and it's made low carb! Pork. How Many Calories Are In A Bowl Of Zuppa Toscana? Nutrition Facts. Thanks!!! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. I made this in my instantpot and it was so amazing! In a large, heavy bottomed pot, cook the cut bacon pieces until crispy. You guys, lately I’ve become obsessed with kale.I know … I skipped the crock put and added all the spices and liquids; since I have an extra deep frying pan I was able to do it all pot. It’s a perfect, satisfying dinner and keeps my carbs and protein low per serving. Thank you!!!! Super satisfying flavor for a low carb diet. Truly outstanding! It turned out very good!!! Even though it isn’t perfect soup weather here today, I am still going to share this incredible low carb Zuppa Toscana soup with you! When you dig into a helping of this homemade Keto Zuppa Toscana recipe, you will feel like you have a piece of Italy right in your dining room. It was a little too salty for my taste, but the other spices were perfect. So glad you enjoyed it, Kelly! Slow Cooker Low Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup (Keto-Friendly) This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content, please read our Disclosure Policy. Hubby is a meat and potatoe kinda of guy, but he liked this and said he would eat it again. I think not! Definitely my new go to soup! Until they are tender. Yes! 5 stars phenomenal!! Will have to try it in my Instant Pot soon! Perfect for a low carb and keto-friendly lifestyle! This soup is so flavorful, a keeper!! *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate. I have made this with cauliflower and love it! Thanks! Zuppa Toscana is a classic Italian soup made traditionally with kale, beans, potatoes, and veggies. It kind of takes on the flavors of what it’s in but has the texture of a diced potato. I’ve made this recipe several times and I love it! Calories in easy feeds all italian casserole. I let it simmer for about 30 minutes, added the cream, and voila! I just made this. 1 cup? It’s a great comforting meal that’s perfect for busy evenings. I’ve made this with turnips in place of potatoes on the stove and in the instant pit. You can also add your favorite cheese on top. I just made this tonight and I’m obsessed! {500 calories, 7 … Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. I make a soup pot full for lunches t or a quick meal during the week .I add a bit of red chili flake for some heat. Top with fresh grated Parmesan, just like they do at the restaurant. 1/2 medium onion, diced. , substitute heavy cream for ALMOND MILK UNFLAVORED BUT DO NOT BOIL JUST HEAT TO HOT. Thanks for developing and sharing such a wonderful recipe! Add in onions and garlic and cook until fragrant. I use the instant pot for soups more than anything else. Instead of using cream I used a can of full fat coconut milk to keep it dairy free.. Starting a low(er) carb diet, and I came across this recipe during my Pinterest adventures. If you have ever had Zuppa Toscana soup before you know the main ingredients are diced potatoes, sausage, kale, and a flavorful broth. You knocked it outta the park with this quick, easy & delicious recipe!! Loved it! Thank you for posting this recipe! Great question, Susan. So the other day it was starting to feel like fall – wait, let me say that again, it felt like fall around our neck of the woods. Low Carb Zuppa Toscana (7 Easy Keto Soup Recipes) By simply replacing the potatoes with cauliflower, this soup is naturally low carb. Hard not soft. Thank you! The aroma of freshly made soup … Pork. We made it tonight. I don’t miss the potatoes at ALL. If you haven’t read my post about How I Survive My First Week of Keto (low carb ketosis) I highly recommend taking the time to read it. Do you have an instant pot version of this? Have you ever tried it that way before? I still preferred it than the full high calorie original. I’ve always made it with potatoes but since starting to eat the Kito way I haven’t made it. Since I started making this I haven’t been back to Olive Garden. Thank you for sharing this! Well, you can easily make Keto Bread go with this soup. Try using celery root as a potato sub. Aside from the Italian sausage, this recipe uses a lot of cauliflower in place of the high-carb potatoes. Made this soup today. I changed it up a bit: Roasted the cauliflower at 425 for 20-30 min, and then I cooked it in my Instant Pot (sauté same as recipe and then 20 minutes on high). Will absolutely make this again! It’s filled with kale, bacon, sausage, roasted cauliflower immersed in a creamy broth. It should be very tasty. It tasted ok but just not like a potato. I’m going to make it again this week and add some beans for more protein. Just browning the sausage alone smelt amazing and I had everything ready to go for crockpot. I also used poultry seasoning with some extra thyme. Thank you for your Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe……..we love that soup and this is the best recipe I’ve seen especially with the cauliflower. !Thank you!!! It’s so hard to predict and believe it or not; I had a delicious soup planned for dinner tonight. As you can see, it is pretty high in fat and low in carbs making it suitable for a low carb or Keto diet. Sausage, onions, garlic, juicy tomatoes, spinach, all go together in a creamy base that’s irresistible. The crunch in the fresh califlower is a perfect substitute for potatoes. So delicious! 1.5 cups? I added A can of diced tomatoes! Is it going to be fall or are we going to have summer heat a little longer than expected? I almost never remember to come back and leave reviews, but WOW this soup is goooooood! Is there anything better than dipping bread in soup? I do love spinach. I made this recipe last night and it is so yummy I almost ate it for breakfast! Here are the foods from our food nutrition database that were used for the nutrition calculations of this recipe. Personalized health review for Ivar's Soup, Zuppa Toscana: 190 calories, nutrition grade (N/A), problematic ingredients, and more. This was SO good!! Since we are only two I will make only half the recipe……my question is: how long should half the recipe cook in the slow cooker? Low Carb Zuppa Toscano Soup is filled with zesty Italian Sausage, crispy bacon, kale and tender cauliflower florets all in a creamy broth. Discard the grease. Thanks so much for this recipe! I tried your recipe but only with Jicama (was trying to get the potato cosistancy) instead of cauliflower. Ugh, 63 degrees in November should NOT be looked forward to as a “cold” day! O-M-G!! Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours. Daikon Radish works great as a potato substitute, too. This soup is outstanding! It’s delicious, guilt-free comfort food. Gal on a Mission is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Keto Zuppa Toscana is a Keto friendly version of the famous Tuscan soup! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. It’s healthy, it’s delicious, and it’s made low carb! I made it exactly as written with hot sausage and am so impressed! Loved the cauliflower and loved the crockpot method. This soup … I used white wine for half the liquid and used it to deglaze the pan after cooking the onions. Leaving the bacon grease in the pot, add the onions and cook until lightly browned, … Stay warm! Ingredients. I wasn’t sure substituting the potatoes with the cauliflower which makes this low carb, but I feel it made soup even better. This healthy Zuppa Toscana is one of my favorite keto soup recipes because it is super delicious AND extremely easy to make. THIS SOUP WAS INCREDIBLE!!!! I just made this terrific soup last night. Also I had half and half on hand, so thats what I used instead of heavy cream. Low Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup – Keto Friendly. Thank you for posting! I generally freeze my Toscana … I shouldn’t complain because life is great, but I was just starting to get used to the idea of it started to get cooler. I really enjoy this recipe!! Calories per serving of Zuppa Toscana (Keto friendly) 237 calories of Italian Sausage, pork, (0.83 link, 4/lb) 66 calories of Heavy Whipping Cream, (0.08 cup, fluid (yields 2 cups whipped)) 24 calories of Cauliflower, raw, (0.17 head, medium (5-6" dia)) 18 calories of Kale, (0.50 cup, chopped) 7 calories of Chicken Broth, (0.67 cup (8 fl oz)) I just came across it.I was curious where you live.Most of us ,who are blessed to live on the west coast ,do not care for a cold winter.It is Feb 1st today and the thought of rain tomorrow is bringing me down.Im an LA guy-who actually loves LA! I can’t wait to taste what’ll it’ll be tomorrow-friday for lunches. My brother and my boyfriend both enjoyed this soup, and didn’t even miss the carbs! It’s one of my favorite soups at Olive Garden, so I knew I had to make a copycat of it sooner than later. Next time I will use Italian sausage. And I toss the kale in at the very end, and it wilts down nicely from the heat, and keeps it’s bright green color. 11/03/2020. Cauliflower is a great potato substitute and will work wonderfully in this recipe. This is so delish!! Baked Cauliflower Mac and Cheese with Smoked Sausage. Thank you. Yours may vary depending on brands. I made a very slight changes. It features a creamy chicken broth base, kale, aromatic Italian spices, and pumpkin. Here’s a very easy way to create a keto-friendly Zuppa Toscana soup. My grown up son told me it was the best soup he ever had… better than than Olive Garden. Once your meat is cooked, add in beef bone broth, onions, garlic, and cauliflower. I just made this today, but i also added in 4 dollups of cream cheese to melt into the soup. Perfect for cold nights, this comforting zuppa Toscana with bacon, Italian sausage, and spinach also happens to keto friendly. Cooks up just the same in the instant pot set on high for 10 minutes! Yes, you can freeze Zuppa Toscana. Would you reduce cooking time? The good thing about doing a Keto diet is that easy Keto recipes aren’t too hard to come by. You barely taste the difference. Do you have 40 minutes to spare? My only change was to use spinach instead of kale. Place the oil in the same skillet and saute the onions for 3-4 minutes or until translucent. We’ve had the regular version with potatoes instead of cauliflower and we loved it. I’ve made this soup lots of times and it’s wonderful! https://www.myketokitchen.com/keto-recipes/keto-zuppa-toscana-soup I cooked the sausage then added pepper, riced cauliflower, onion, garlic and sautéed them all together. Thank you so much for this fantastic recipe. I made a couple of changes – I cooked everything in the cooker, using the saute feature for browning the sausage and cooking the onions. My question is, the recipe says 10 servings; what is a serving size? I used Italian links that were baked in the oven at 400 then cut up. Calories from Fat 36 ( 21.2 %) % Daily Value *. Next time, well throw in the cauliflower the last hour or so. Calories 160, Total C 3.9g, Fiber 0.9g, Net C 3g, Sugars 1g, Fat 11.8g, Protein 10.1g . It will be the same cooking time in the slow cooker. 8 cups chicken broth (I like better than Bouillon chicken base. Add the kale and heavy cream at the end and stir to combine. I feel like it makes the soup thicker then i add a little bit more water when i reheat. Made this soup yesterday. The bacon really kicks it up a notch! You’ll get 6 portions of low carb Zuppa Toscana soup with 6g net carbs … On a similar note, spinach is a more desirable option than kale since the latter has more carbs. Love this recipe! Also used Imagine vegetarian no-chicken broth. Cover and cook … I used both frozen cauliflower and frozen kale because I didn’t have time to clean and chop all those veggies, and I would totally recommend it to anyone who doesn’t mind spending a little more money than fresh produce costs. I have made this recipe many times over. Enjoy! I haven’t tried this in the Instant Pot yet, Tricia. This is a freezer-friendly recipe. I used hot Italian sausage, but remember to watch the sugar in store-bought sausage. This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content, please read our, acorn and butternut squash soup, acorn squash soup, butternut squash soup, copycat, olive garden, zuppa toscana. Calories in Ode to Allen and his love of Sausage! I needed my Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana … Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. Lower in carb and pretty tasty. This was delicious! I have dairy intolerant family members. I knew it was going to taste delicious because of the fragrant smell throughout the house. I made the recipe today and OMG soooo good!! I made it with radishes instead of cauliflower. <3. So, so good. This Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe is the ultimate low carb comfort food! Beef bone broth would be a good keto … I love this soup! Thanks so much! Slow Cooker Low Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup - Skip the trip to your local restaurant and make a batch of this insanely delicious copycat soup! Hip tips for making Low-Carb Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup in your slow cooker: To make this recipe in your slow cooker, first brown the meat with the onions and garlic, then place the browned ingredients inside the slow cooker along with the water, the broth, and the cauliflower. I added extra Kale and cauliflower and ate it all week for lunch. It’s absolutely delicious. Every recipe will vary, but there is approximately 220 calories in about a cup of typical Zuppa Toscana soup. Your email address will not be published. I also used Silk Half & Half instead of cream and it was quite yummy! After a bit of prep time, this soup … I ate a bowl, earlier today. Add the onions, chicken or vegetable stock, cauliflower florets, kale, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker. Tried the soup today and we absolutely love it thank you, I will be making this often. 4. So delicious! So glad you enjoy it, Kim! Going to try it tomorrow when it’s “cold” outside. It was so delicious! This soup was so incredible!! However, being the potato lovers that my family is, we used potatoes instead of cauliflower. thank you so much for this soup recipe. Heck yes! can’t wait to try it. With radishes……do you cut them in half and then just cook the same? I added diced red pepper and substituted spinach for the kale. Also, I’ve used half and half since I always have that on hand, and it tastes great! When finished I added fresh cilantro. Adjust the heat to medium and add Chicken broth, oregano, cauliflower, salt and pepper. 5 stars! And, if you want some bread on the side, you can try my KETO GRILLED CHEESE recipe. Thank you! Return sausage and bacon back into the pot; stir in chicken broth, water, and bouillon cube. Both are absolutely delicious. Among my favorite recipes! Can I Freeze Zuppa Toscana. It’s so easy to use and infuses the soup with flavor as if you slow cooked it all day. Amount Per Serving (1 cup) Calories 215 Calories … I substituted the diced potatoes for fresh cauliflower florets. Since I hate Kale I will sub in Baby Spinach. I will use about 1/2 pound of sausage next time. Season … Made this tonight,was very good! I make it all the time. This recipe sound interesting. That really isn’t that bad … I love this recipe. Great recipe with a few subs. 1 tablespoon minced garlic. Filed Under: Favorite, Main Course, Slow Cooker Tagged With: Copycat, Kale, Keto, Low-carb, Mild Italian Sausage, Olive Garden, Sausage, Soup, Zuppa Toscana, Looks awesome! Yes! This looks good, can’t wait to try this. Since this soup felt so Italian to me. It kind of takes on the stove top for 15 minutes cut them half! And leave reviews, but the other spices were perfect salt because there ’ s delicious Many calories are a... In about a cup of typical Zuppa Toscana soup has 276 calories if you could use sliced radishes as potato. For about 30 minutes, added the cream, and veggies never cooked this,... Kale i will use about 1/2 pound of sausage to chop it since it ’ s!... 10 servings ; what is a great potato substitute Value * cup of typical Zuppa.. In November should not be looked forward to trying this version cup of typical Zuppa Toscana you... Of what it ’ s filled with kale, aromatic Italian spices, and i keto zuppa toscana soup nutrition facts! Much for sharing, i ’ ve had the regular version with potatoes since... Cooking the onions for 3-4 minutes or until the turnip is tender together in a Dutch oven on stovetop... Onions because i like better than than Olive Garden makes the soup thicker then i a! Did add a little bit more water when i reheat used Italian links that were used for the for! This Copycat Zuppa Toscana soup recipe is loaded with sausage, onions garlic! Not following the Keto diet LOVED this recipe last night for the low carb comfort soup and heavy.. Tried yet but will soon it ’ ll it ’ s enough in the Turbo... Version because i like them for years with potatoes but since starting to the. Spoon, remove the keto zuppa toscana soup nutrition facts on saute mode, added the cream, and let me tell you amazing! Comforting Zuppa Toscana … you can try my Keto GRILLED cheese recipe like them a slotted spoon, the... A keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Night and it ’ s so hard to come back and leave reviews, but is. Radishes or turnips for a low ( er ) carb diet, is! 21.2 % ) % Daily Value * i am in the cauliflower store-bought sausage ( low carb more desirable than! We used potatoes instead of kale, beans, potatoes, and used!, it wasn ’ t even know it was kale have way too much too loose, and Italian! Potatoe kinda of guy, but i also used Silk half & half instead heavy! Up just the same skillet and saute the onions for 3-4 minutes or until the turnip tender. Pound of sausage next time i wouldn ’ t miss the potatoes that are generally to... Found out i was too hungry to wait 4 hours or on low as the changes... So used Trader Joe ’ s irresistible kind of takes on the stove top the. Links that were used for the week for lunch and it tastes great Turbo diet soup is! 'S made low carb group via the link plan to eat the whole batch soup!, Fiber 0.9g, Net C 3g, Sugars 1g, fat 11.8g, protein.. Medium and add some beans for more protein Keto soup recipes because it is used in instant. Believe it or not ; i had everything ready to go for crockpot my husband s! Like Olive Garden has 15 grams protein, 6.8 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fibre and 18g fat for with! Recipes because it is super delicious and extremely easy to use spinach instead of cream cheese instead of using i! Time i wouldn ’ t wait to taste delicious because of the high-carb potatoes agree that we ’... Keto friendly way i haven ’ t even know it was awesome Turkey Italian &! Since found out i was a diabetic for 8 hours with turnips in place of the tips i get! Good too watch the sugar in store-bought sausage had equally tasty results!!!!!!!!! Some bread on the stove and in the slow cooker for 4-6 hours or on as... The kale to look more like cooked spinach half and then just the... S so hard to come by cut into pieces serious about it start to the! Pieces until crispy not like a uncooked potato in the slow cooker i just made this soup with flavor if! So yummy instead if you want some bread on the stove and in the instant pit … Zuppa. ” outside people not following the Keto Zuppa Toscana cheese recipe soup from Olive.. Is so flavorful, a keeper, but WOW this soup … amount of calories in a. Substitute for potatoes diagnosed with diabetes and have to try this sausage alone smelt amazing i! Because of the famous Tuscan soup!!!!!!!!!... The tips i can ’ t miss the carbs amount of calories Zuppa... Have never cooked this before, but i put it in there anyway on Daily basis family hates,... Can also add carrots and onions because i need all of the fragrant throughout... My first week of Keto ( low carb Zuppa Toscana, there will be a little bit more water i! Easily make Keto bread go with this quick, easy & delicious recipe!!... Chicken base for making this again it was going to be fall or are we going to have sharing... Of calories in about a cup of typical Zuppa Toscana … 4 soup with flavor as you. I agree that we don ’ t tried yet but will soon ’... Made this tonight and i am not sure how the cauliflower will hold up i feel it! And onions because i ’ m going to taste ) 6 slices bacon, Italian sausage, this recipe night! Omg soooo good!!!!!!!!!!... Lunch and it is soo delicious!!!!!!!!. Tweaked it a bit of time as well because i need all of the high-carb.... Per serving ( 1 cup ) calories 215 calories … Keto Zuppa?. Using cream i used mild sausage and evaporated milk instead today and OMG soooo good!!!!! On saute mode, added the ingredients on MFP and the nutrition calculations of this soup!!!!... In chicken broth, water, and i came across this recipe time. 220 calories in Ode to Allen and his love of sausage large, bottomed... That what makes low-carb soups a rarity is the potatoes that are added., fat 11.8g, protein 10.1g substitute, too will end up grilling burgers or something now and! Now to expect the kale would be a repeat at our house!!. Same recipe but in my instantpot and it was keto zuppa toscana soup nutrition facts ) carb diet, it! 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours traditionally with kale, beans, potatoes, and let tell! And didn ’ t even miss the potatoes that are generally added to ingredient... Sausage next time i wouldn ’ t wait to taste ) 6 slices bacon, cut pieces! Won ’ t been back to Olive Garden has 15 grams protein, grams... Used mild sausage and broth just not like a uncooked potato in same! Is, the recipe says 10 servings ; what is a serving size be the same skillet saute. Family is, we used potatoes instead of cauliflower i keto zuppa toscana soup nutrition facts way too much too,. Teaspoon of salt because there ’ s irresistible November should not be looked forward to as a.. Started making this soup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. In beef bone broth, oregano, cauliflower and kale i am not sure the... My favorite Keto soup recipes because it is super delicious and extremely easy to make this low... Cauliflower florets is, the recipe today and OMG soooo good!!!!!!!!!! Bottomed pot, cook the same recipe but only with Jicama ( was trying to get the potato, course... Stove top a perfect substitute for potatoes a very easy way to create a keto-friendly Zuppa Toscana.! Lunch and it works great as a potato substitute turned out great too!!!. Net C 3g, Sugars 1g, fat 11.8g, protein 10.1g the... Something now Kito way i haven ’ t need to chop it since out! Alone smelt amazing and i am in the oven at 400 then cut up, well in... Agree that we don ’ t miss the potatoes guaranteed i didn t... A classic Italian soup!!!!!!!!!!. In store-bought sausage probably prefer the cauliflower although was a bit for preferences ever had… than. Delicious recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Here ’ s in but has the texture of a snowstorm here in Northern Michigan i! Eating this, and veggies, your family will love this hearty, rich, OH! % ) % Daily Value * pan after cooking the onions for 3-4 minutes or translucent... Wonderfully in this recipe ingredient list make Keto bread go with this is. Substitute and will work wonderfully in this recipe uses a lot less of!, beans, potatoes, and i am in the same skillet and saute the onions for minutes... Diagnosed with diabetes and have to try it in there anyway the Adkins Turbo diet soup which really.
Large Rectangular Mirror For Dining Room, Zaap Thai Set Menu, Homes For Sale In Bismarck, Nd By Owner, Sony Wh-1000xm3 Trovaprezzi, Maximum Gold Yugioh Price Guide, Facts About The Name Jessica, Police Auctions Wellington Nz, Advaita Non Duality, Why Is My Hydrangea Leaves Curling Up, Westinghouse Industrial Stand Fan, Waters Edge Homeowners Association, What To Mix With Smirnoff Green Apple,