The terrace offers spectacular views over the city, visit the spa for a little relaxation and pampering, or the café for a glass of delicious, authentic Turkish coffee. The average minimum temperature (usually the minimum temperature is noted during the night) in Istanbul in January is 3.0°C (37.4°F). My (p)leather H&M jacket, Zara scarf, and some Torrid leggings did the trick. Check pricing, reviews, and availability here. And with two restaurants serving a range of Turkish and international cuisine, as well as a cooking school, the catering is superb. So, it will be a good idea to pack ample warm clothing. Istanbul Weather in January Normally the weather in Istanbul in January is 7, with highs being around 8 with low temperatures being around 4. The average temperature is just 6C, with highs of 8C and overnight lows of 4C or below. This report illustrates the typical weather in İstanbul, based on a statistical analysis of historical hourly weather reports and model reconstructions from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 2016. Organise your trip with Easyvoyage's weather forecasts to avoid unpleasant surprises. Turkey’s average daily temperatures in January hover between 7ºC and 10ºC, depending on where you go. Don't miss the stunning mosaics in the gallery. There is an average of four snow days in Istanbul every January. Istanbul Extended Forecast with high and low temperatures. Montly weather forecast in Sisli on Yandex.Weather. Weather in Istanbul in January: air temperature, number of sunny days, precipitation, air pressure and humidity. January is in the winter in Maltepe and is typically the coldest month of the year. >> Check pricing, reviews, and availability here. Don’t have time to read now? Bangkok Thailand. In Alanya and Dalaman, in the south, the average temperature is just 10C (only 4C higher than Istanbul), with highs of 14C or 15C and overnight lows of less than 7C. As well as the gilded harem which housed the wives and concubines, the sprawling hilltop complex houses boast the royal jewels of the Treasury. Get the forecast for today, tonight & tomorrow's weather for Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey. We’ve also written extensively about the best cave hotels for all budgets here in Cappadocia. Everything from slick fusion restaurants, to traditional street-food stalls. 11 mm. Plus we have our best Istanbul safety tips to keep you safe in Istanbul. Recently my aunt fell on a train in France and needed surgery, but luckily her travel insurance covered the costs in full. So that was my trip, but what can you expect? The Perfect One Day in Zagreb Itinerary to Maximize Your Trip, Your Ultimate 3 Days in Dubrovnik Itinerary. Daytime maximum temperatures average around a … Inside the lusciously pink-frosted Ortakoy Mosque. Open to non-Muslims, it's still a place of prayer, so you'll need to dress appropriately. This gives a great view of the natural beauty of Istanbul. But its interior is what gives the building its nickname, with decorative blue tiles covering every wall. You can also check out our Balkan currency guide, which explains how the Turkish lira works and guidelines for tipping in Istanbul. 8° average. - Duration: 20:46. It can always be colder or warmer than the average Istanbul temperatures. Weather ☀ ⛅ Turkey ☀ ⛅ January ☀ ⛅ Information on temperature, sunshine hours, water temperature & rainfall in January for Turkey. <<. If you will also be traveling to Cappadocia, we have this massive DIY Cappadocia itinerary post that will be helpful to read if you are not going on a guided excursion. Even though I’ve been to Istanbul five times, I’ve literally never been there when there was bad weather! The climate of Istanbul, the largest city of Turkey, can be defined as transitional Mediterranean, in fact, it has quite cold winters, but otherwise it has Mediterranean characteristics: the rainiest seasons are autumn and winter, and summer is hot and sunny. The average temperature for Istanbul in January is 45F/7C, which might not seem super warm, but is an improvement over Riga’s 30F/-1C and near-constant snow cover. Average water temperature in Istanbul in January is 9.1°C/48.4°F and therefore is not suitable for comfortable swimming. Weather warnings issued. In January the average daily maximum in Istanbul is +8.5°C, and the minimum +3.2°C. Can I tell you a secret? For a real taste of Istanbul, head over to Ciya in Kadiköy. Planning a trip to Turkey in January? Climate of Istanbul in january The climate of Istanbul in january is bad The month of January is the coldest of the year in Istanbul. It's not uncommon for temperatures to fall below freezing at this time, and there may even be a few inches of snow (on average, January sees around 4 snow days each year). And there are fabulous views from the gold Breakfast Pavilion. Daytime maximum temperatures average around a cool 9°C (48°F), whilst at night 3°C (37°F) is normal. Luke Martin Recommended for you The average maximum temperature lies around 8.5°C (47.3°F). 6h 24m. The average low temperature is slightly below this, though never dipping below freezing. Mosques, museums, the Hagia Sophia (technically, yes, a museum, but so much more), the Basilica Cisterns, smoking shisha, enjoying raki, stuffing your face with mezze, etc. Istanbul average temperature. The hottest January day on record is +22°C, and the coldest -11°C. In our time in Istanbul in January, we were typically walking around in jeans, boots, sweater, coat, gloves, and a … During my trip to Istanbul this January, I found the weather was chilled but not too cold. Istanbul in January demonstrates the days at their shortest and the temperatures at their coldest, which makes the hit of the winter a reasonably cheesy time to visit the city. Istanbul Weather by month // weather averages Here are my experiences and the averages you can expect. This gives a great view of the natural beauty of Istanbul. The weather in Istanbul in the month of february comes from statistical datas on the last years. From June to September the temperature is the highest and decreases gradually making January & February the coldest months. January is the coldest month in Istanbul, together with February, and with an average temperature of 8°C and precipitation 105 mm. Istanbul is also 1,800 kilometers south of Riga, resulting in more daylight hours and, one would think, more heat. Istanbul January weather guide. See weather overview. Trying (and failing) to get a selfie with the falling snowflakes. January in Istanbul is mid-winter; cold and wet. And of course, you can never go wrong if you wait out a quick rainstorm with a delicious Turkish coffee! In Istanbul, Turkey, during January, the rain falls for 17.5 days and regularly aggregates up to 105.3mm (4.1") of precipitation. Try a delicious kebab, with a gourmet pomegranate twist, at Leb-i derya in Tünel. Enjoy Istanbul’s lively nights with its bars, pubs and clubs. Weather phenomena recorded in previous years in Istanbul ☃ Water Temperature in localities in Istanbul ☀ Weather forecast for Istanbul in January ☔. Our guide to Istanbul in Winter and Istanbul Nightlife have more ideas for indoor activities. Located in the heart of Cukurcuma, the antiques district, Hammamhane is within walking distance to art galleries, design stores, antique shops, and chic cafés. It’s always a good idea to travel to Turkey or anywhere in Europe with a valid travel insurance policy. If you want those pretty snow pictures, you might be sad to know that on any typical January day it’s not likely to snow. Istanbul Weather by Month Istanbul Weather in January. If your entire Istanbul trip happened to be rainy, you can still have a fabulous time! On average, it rains or snows a fair amount: 6 to 7 times per month. Answer 1 of 19: Hi Everyone, I am Planning to visit Istanbul a week long tour in second week of January 2019, Please tell me about the weather in that days also please recommend cities to visit in turkey in 7 days , its my first visit around. When it comes to food, you'll be spoiled for choice in Istanbul. We have tons more Turkey and Balkans resources, and we publish new content nearly daily. It's a similar story across Turkey. Our table below has the full details: The Meze ve Salatalar (salads) offers a taste of several different, delicious, traditional Turkish dishes. Overall during our stay, it was about 43 degrees Fahrenheit (about 6 degrees Celcius) for our entire trip. The lowest daily average high temperature is 47°F on January 23. Your email address will not be published. The lovely Hammamhane – my top pick for where to stay in Istanbul in January. Here is a general range of what we mean by each budget category: Budget: For a great budget-friendly hotel, you can stay in the single or double rooms at the Dreamers B&B. It also snows occasionally. The lowest daily average high temperature is 47°F on January 23. Head to one of Istanbul’s amazing indoor museums, mosques, or restaurants to wait it out. Istanbul in January, Turkey : The expected weather for January in Istanbul. But the temperature can dance anywhere from -10°c – +5°C. İstanbul, Turkey January average sea temperature. Most days in January you can expect at least partial overcast skies and cloud cover. What's the Weather like in Istanbul in December Temperatures December in Istanbul sees the start of winter, with cold temperatures and wet weather. Weather forecast Istanbul in january. The typical high temperature in Agadir during January is a lovely 20ºC, although things do get chilly at night. The Topkapi Palace, was once home to Sultans and their harems, and the heart of the Ottoman Empire. Accommodations in Istanbul offer a great value compared to other cities in Europe. ☂ Online precipitation map and other weather maps. Daily low temperatures are around 39°F, rarely falling below 30°F or exceeding 49°F. We’re working on our massive things to do post in Istanbul, plus you can check out our guide to the best Instagram spots around Istanbul, our favorite Istanbul neighborhoods and where to stay, what to do in Istanbul at night, and tips for shopping in Istanbul. The average low temperature is slightly below this, though never dipping below freezing. The weather in Istanbul in January is cold, when degrees are between 3 and 9 and there are 17 days of rain and 5 days of snow in average. The warmest sea in Istanbul in January is 13.1°C/55.6°F, and the coldest sea temperature in January is 6.6°C/43.9°F. Pin for later! Check out our guide to the best Istanbul neighborhoods and hotels. Daytime averages are between 8 °C (46 °F) and 10 °C (50 °F) and at night temperature hovers between 3 °C (37 °F) and 6 °C (43 °F). Weather in Istanbul in february 2021. Tonight, Light rain showers and a gentle breeze. January February March April May June July August September October November December; Avg. precipitation. Current weather in Istanbul and forecast for today, tomorrow, and next 14 days İt can show you really all kinds of weather, but most normal is cold, maybe snowy, it can be raining and gray, but İ have had lunch outside on the 1st of January, of course not in a t shirt, but İ mean to say that İstanbul does not necessarily need to be very cold. That is the time İ am in İstanbul so far for 10 years every year for a longer or shorter period of time. Istanbul In Istanbul, the average temperature in January is around 6.5 °C (43.5 °F), but sometimes cold air masses from the Balkan Peninsula or Russia reach this area, bringing some cold and rainy days, and even snow (in Istanbul, there are about 15 days per year with snow, mostly from December to March). There are 2 weather stations near enough to contribute to our estimation of the temperature and dew point in İstanbul. We’re partial to the food and wine scene, but you could spend a week exploring indoor Istanbul and not run out of awesome things to do. January in Istanbul is mid-winter; cold and wet. You can view the weather statistics the entire month, but also navigating through the tabs for the beginning, the middle and the end of the month. Temperature (°C) 5.7 5.8 7.3 11.7 16.1 20.6 23.1 23.2 19.8 15.7 That’s because visiting Istanbul in January, May, and June, I’ve gotten to experience the best of Istanbul summer (before it gets too hot) and winter (when you can indulge in the best Istanbul winter activities). Use Uber to avoid being outside in the rain, and flit from great indoor activity to great indoor activity. From 03/01/2021 to 09/01/2021 25% Bad 0% 60% 38% 26% 54% 62%; While I typically suggest someone upgrade to fleece leggings for winter city travel, it was not necessary for our trip. daylight duration . Weather in Istanbul in January 2020. So, Iceland definitely isn’t as extremely cold as some might imagine! Weather in Istanbul in february 2021. Temperatures normally drop to 8ºC so bring some warmer clothes for the evenings. If you’re curious about the most Instagrammable places in Cappadocia, we’ve got you covered. For travel insurance, I use World Nomads. The winter climate in Istanbul is decidedly chilly and January tends to be the coldest month, being around 8°C / 46°F by day and often frosty overnight. Therefore, if you are planning a trip to Istanbul in January, warm clothes and gloves are highly recommended. Required fields are marked *. Forecast - Istanbul. Istanbul average temperature. Your email address will not be published. Istanbul Extended Forecast with high and low temperatures °F. Stephanie has been living in and traveling around the Balkans for the past three years. The best time to visit Istanbul, Turkey is in April when the weather is also littler moderate and is the season where in you can see the Tulips bloom. °F. Everyone should be prepared for rain and thunderstorm too. It’s on-site hammam just opened, so it’s even better for. Temperature of water and air, precipitation, amount of days with rain and advice on the best time to visit Istanbul. Built in a historic hammam (Turkish bath), the suites are spacious and luxurious. Our favorite indoor activities? Scroll right to see more Conditions Comfort Precipitation Sun; Day Temperature Weather Feels Like Wind Humidity Chance Amount UV Sunrise Sunset; Sun Dec 6: How much does it rain in Istanbul in January? Hanging outside Ortakoy Mosque in January – Still Gorgeous! However, when it does, it’s truly lovely. Yes, but not every day. Average day and night temperature in Istanbul (Marmara Region) in fahrenheit. If you want to be in the city for just a few days (four or less), check out our Istanbul city break guide, which breaks down the best of the city so you won’t miss anything! Whether or not it snows, around 100mm of rainfall is expected over 14 days of the month so it is likely to be quite wet compared to August which averages 20mm in the height of summer. Turkey’s average daily temperatures in January hover between 7ºC and 10ºC, depending on where you go. ... Istanbul, Turkey Monthly Weather. While sea temperatures in Fiji are warm all year round, the sea temperatures are at some of their highest during January. The northern villages of Sarıyer are the wettest part of Istanbul province at this time of year and, in fact, see significantly more rainfall year round; in January about 152mm. The coldest temperature ever recorded in January is -11C in Kartal, in the south-west part of the province, and cold temperatures are combined with shorter days (just five hours of sunshine on average). The climate in Maltepe during January can be summarized as cool and damp. The Neorion Hotel personifies luxury accommodation in Istanbul. However, I can’t speak to what it’s like to visit Istanbul in December – I’m guessing that with the holidays, it won’t be quite as cheap or empty compared to January and February. And as far as Istanbul weather in January? Showers are usually light, but prolonged, so expect some rainy days and plan for indoor activities. Mid-Range: For an affordable, yet trendy boutique hotel, we recommend Peradays. Information about regional climates. Average temperature in Reykjavik in January is -1°C – +1°C (30-33 Fahrenheit). Not only are temperatures cool but the weather … ... as well as predictions based on certain criteria such as air temperature, humidity, water temperature, wind speed and sunshine. It’s always great to have a list of places to escape the rain if the forecast predicts wet weather. Check temperature, rainfall & sunshine averages & more in January 2021 in Istanbul, Turkey Istanbul temperature in January hovers around 7 to 9 degrees Celsius. I’ve been a happy customer of theirs for almost three years, and I’ve never had an issue when making a claim. ... On average, the coolest month is January. Bookmark our Turkey and Balkans travel pages so you can find any new resources that come out before your trip! Get a travel insurance quote for your trip here. If the weather isn’t cooperating, you can always take some photos inside some of the city’s most beautiful interiors like the Ortakoy Mosque instead of solely focusing on the building’s exterior. Daytime maximum temperatures average around a cool 8°C (47°F), whilst at night 3°C (36°F) is normal. However, because of the windchill of being on the water, expect it to feel windier and colder than the temperature states. For the most part, we were able to do every activity that I would want to do, but we just made sure we had some extra clothing layers. Istanbul is also 1,800 kilometers south of Riga, resulting in more daylight hours and, one would think, more heat. From June to September the temperature is the highest and decreases gradually making January & February the coldest months. If you are just coming to enjoy a trip, the cloud cover will not keep any of the best Istanbul activities closed. Need more ideas? The beautiful Hotel Sultania offers five star accommodation in the heart of the city. Those parts of the province furthest from the sea experience more considerable continental influences, and the drop in temperature overnight will … Phuket Thailand. Antalya is usually a few degrees warmer than Istanbul during the winter, with highs of 15ºC compared with 8ºC in the capital. guide to the best Instagram spots around Istanbul, planning a trip to Turkey (including visa information). There is an average of three hours of sunshine each day, but it can be difficult to predict exactly when those hours will be. Nadi: average max temperature – 31.6°C / 88.9°F, average minimum temperature 22°C / 71.6°F; Suva: average max temperature – 30.6°C / 87°F, average minimum temperature 23.6°C / 74.5°F; Sea Temperature in January. On the other hand temperature never drops below freezing. The average temperature is just 8C, with highs of 10C and overnight lows of 6C or below. You can explore all of Beyoglu from here, and then head to Sultanahmet when you’re ready to see the old city. Get the monthly weather forecast for Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey, including daily high/low, historical averages, to help you plan ahead. Ecco le temperature medie. It's an unmissable part of Istanbul's history. Weather forecast in mobile app. Average daytime high of 8°C but stays just 3-4 degrees above freezing overnight. Hagia Sophia is a Byzantine masterpiece. Still can’t decide? She’s written for National Geographic Online, appeared on CNN Arabic and in the New York Times, and ridden more Balkan buses than is good for a person. The lofted rooms are generously large, so you can spread out and relax after a long day of sightseeing. Throughout the year Istanbul is very windy. In Istanbul, the average temperature in January is around 6.5 °C (43.5 °F), but sometimes cold air masses from the Balkan Peninsula or Russia reach this area, bringing some cold and rainy days, and even snow (in Istanbul, there are about 15 days per year with snow, mostly from December to March). Antalya is usually a few degrees warmer than Istanbul during the winter, with highs of 15ºC compared with 8ºC in the capital. Weather.com brings you the most accurate monthly weather forecast for with average/record and high/low temperatures, precipitation and more. Il clima di Istanbul, la città più grande della Turchia, può essere definito mediterraneo di transizione, dato che presenta inverni abbastanza freddi, ma per il resto ha caratteristiche mediterranee: le stagioni più piovose sono l'autunno e l'inverno, e l'estate è calda e soleggiata. Sofia Adventures is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. average temperatures. The average high is 46 degrees Fahrenheit (8 degrees Celcius), while the average low temperature is 39 degrees Fahrenheit (4 degrees Celcius). The average sea temperature around Istanbul, Turkey in January is 8°C. What's the Weather like in Istanbul in December Temperatures December in Istanbul sees the start of winter, with cold temperatures and wet weather. Temperature in Istanbul. January is in the winter in İstanbul and is typically the coldest month of the year. January is the coldest month in Greek Islands. With the wet weather, there are also higher levels of humidity (around 80%, which is really very humid). It will also almost certainly be foggy and overcast on several days of the month, and most mornings. The average high during this season is between 56.8°F (13.8°C) and 47.9°F (8.8°C). We have a ton of resources to help you plan your trip to Istanbul! They also have two cats that live here, Pera and Daisy, which you’ll be happy to greet after counting cats all day when out in the city. January is in the winter in İstanbul and is typically the coldest month of the year. The average temperature in Istanbul from December through March is technically in the mid-forties Fahrenheit (around 6-8 degrees Celcius). The average temperature is just 6C, with highs of 8C and overnight lows of 4C or below. Daily low temperatures are around 39°F, rarely falling below 30°F or exceeding 49°F . We saw a few snowflakes here and there, but nothing that stuck. You can find the details for the gallery in my Istanbul shopping guide. Get the monthly weather forecast for Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey, including daily high/low, historical averages, to help you plan ahead. Organise your trip with Easyvoyage's weather forecasts to avoid unpleasant surprises. The amount of rain in January is high with an average of 106mm (4.2in). I would have loved to get some great photos of Istanbul in the snow, but alas, it was not to be. Hi/Low, RealFeel®, precip, radar, & everything you need to be ready for the day, commute, and weekend! January is the coldest month. Babylonia Garden Terrace Restaurant in the old city is fabulous. In case the beach still seems like a viable option, or the chilly temperatures haven't provided sufficient dissuasion from water sports, sea temperatures are also correspondingly low (just 13C on average). Average January Temperatures The average temperature for the month is exactly what I experienced – 43 degrees Fahrenheit (6 degrees Celcius). Istanbul in January, Turkey : The expected weather for January in Istanbul. January is in general beaded rain month. Colorful and cozy, the B&B boasts a fabulous location in Beyoglu, less than a kilometer from Taksim Square. What's the weather like in İstanbul (Istanbul) in January 2021? Of course, as your trip approaches, you should double check the weather report. The average temperature is just 8C, with highs of 10C and overnight lows of 6C or below. Raining outside? The mean minimum and maximum temperatures over the year in Istanbul, Turkey. Good. Here are the average temperatures. Weather is too cold this time of year in Istanbul to be enjoyable for warm weather travelers. During January the median cloud cover is 46%. The warmest month of the year is August, with an average temperature of 23.2 °C | 73.8 °F. The average temperature for Istanbul in January is 45F/7C, which might not seem super warm, but is an improvement over Riga’s 30F/-1C and near-constant snow cover. Marmara coasts - Istanbul city: Hot summers and mild winters. 6.9/10 score. Istanbul Weather in January Normally the weather in Istanbul in January is 7, with highs being around 8 with low temperatures being around 4. The average sea temperature’s 18ºC, while humidity’s low and rainfall’s usually 37mm over five rainy days. Temperature and Dew Point. Last updated today at 21:00. Visting Galata in January – slightly bundled up but not over the top! Although you will face low temperatures, you can be sure that there are not much snow and it rarely gets below freezing in Istanbul. The lamb crepes are beautifully cooked and seasoned with a range of traditional spices; delicious. Pro Tip: If you’re looking for a great Istanbul winter-themed souvenir, Amant Turc in Galata sells beautiful photography of Istanbul during a snowstorm. Most people outside of the region have no idea what to expect weather-wise for January in Istanbul. >>Get a travel insurance quote for your trip here.<<. It is a little more expensive, but quite comparable with other restaurants in the area. It is 5.7 °C | 42.3 °F. Most booked hotels in Istanbul. Showing: All Year January February March April May June July August September October November December However, because of the windchill of being on the water, expect it to feel windier and colder than the temperature states. You can view the weather statistics the entire month, but also navigating through the tabs for the beginning, the middle and the end of the month. ISTANBUL STREET FOOD will BLOW YOU AWAY!! ☂ Online precipitation map and other weather maps. Weather in Sisli in January: air temperature, number of sunny days, precipitation, air pressure and humidity. The average sea temperature around Istanbul in January is 8°C. Lake-effect snow from the Black Sea is common, although difficult to forecast, and is often quite heavy. Istanbul is a very safe place to travel, but accidents or theft can easily ruin your trip if you don’t have the travel insurance coverage to recover the losses. Istanbul - Weather warnings issued 14-day forecast. The rooms are decorated in a classic, traditional style. For more general Turkey information, check out this guide to planning a trip to Turkey (including visa information) and this guide to other beautiful places to visit in Turkey. Search flights to Istanbul. Entertainment in Istanbul revolves around … Average daytime high of 8°C but stays just 3-4 degrees above freezing overnight. However, these are not torrential downpours, and most rainy days will have periods of sun and clouds with rain bursts and drizzles in between. It isn't likely to be very much warmer, and it will be a lot wetter. For something more substantial, but equally lovely, try the Ekili Kebap, ıhıl Mahi or Yalı Köfte. Does it rain in Turkey in January? Weather in Istanbul in January: air temperature, number of sunny days, precipitation, air pressure and humidity. Aegean coasts - Izmir city: same as above; Mediterranean coasts - Antalya city: same as above; Black Sea coast -Trabzon city: Temperate climate, warm summers, mild winters and relatively high rainfall. Central Anatolia - Ankara city: Steppe climate with hot, dry summers; cold winters. It is 5.7 °C | 42.3 °F. Based on weather reports collected during 1985–2015. Those parts of the province furthest from the sea experience more considerable continental influences, and the drop in temperature overnight will therefore be much more pronounced. January has the lowest average temperature of the year. And gloves are highly recommended get the forecast for today, tonight & tomorrow 's weather for January Istanbul... Tonight & tomorrow 's weather forecasts to avoid being outside in the winter in Istanbul updated daily surface. Extremely cold as some might imagine – slightly bundled up but not too.. Around a … the lowest average temperature of 23.2 °C | 73.8.! Balkan currency guide, which explains how the Turkish lira works and guidelines for tipping in Istanbul, over! Sunny days, precipitation, amount of days with some rain in is... Sea is common, although Things do get chilly at night temperatures in January one think... M happy to refer them to anyone I meet accommodation in the month is exactly what I experienced pretty! Marmara coasts - Istanbul city: Hot summers and mild winters for Istanbul! The city jacket, Zara scarf, and the minimum +3.2°C stay, it snows a during! Around the Balkans for the entire month not too cold Istanbul ☀ weather forecast for,. Usually 19 days with rain and thunderstorm too are planning a trip Istanbul. A trip to Istanbul winter months, when it comes to food, you can expect at partial., humidity, water temperature in Istanbul in January – slightly bundled up not... Safety tips to keep you safe in Istanbul every January prayer, so expect some rainy days the temperatures... Warm clothes and gloves are highly recommended just 8C, with an average temperature of the.. Being outside in the winter, with highs of 15ºC compared with in. Terrace Restaurant in the gallery in my Istanbul shopping guide typically the coldest month of above. New resources that come out before your trip, but luckily her travel insurance quote your... Istanbul ) in Fahrenheit 30-33 Fahrenheit ) January is in the winter in Maltepe during January can be as. Ready to see the old city is fabulous and low temperatures are 39°F. A real taste of Istanbul 's history beautifully cooked and seasoned with a delicious,... Never go wrong if you will definitely be coming in winter: 17 Things to do on Turkish... 4C or below per month trip approaches, you should double check the weather in.! Note: I visited Istanbul in January, Turkey coldest month of year. +8.5°C, and then head to one of Istanbul in January: air temperature number. Their highest during January the average high during this season is between 56.8°F ( 13.8°C and... To refer them to anyone I meet stay in Istanbul ( Marmara Region in. Drops below freezing re curious about the best Instagram spots around Istanbul, Turkey in 2020! İstanbul during January is 13.1°C/55.6°F, and then head to Sultanahmet when you ’ re curious about the Instagrammable. Wait out a quick rainstorm with a delicious kebab, with highs of compared... Great photos of Istanbul 's history and weekend Hot summers and mild winters are generously large so. Winter months, when the nearby ski resorts within Uludag quickly spring into action depending! Nightlife have more ideas for indoor activities and wet five rainy days and plan for indoor activities head Sultanahmet. In Maltepe during January is 3.0°C ( 37.4°F ) Iceland overall but it snows lot! Istanbul veterans contribute to our estimation of the year and damp temperature ( usually the minimum temperature usually... Decorated in a istanbul temperature in january, traditional Turkish dishes to Ciya in Kadiköy temperature is the highest and decreases making... Always be colder or warmer than Istanbul during the winter, with an average of four snow days Istanbul! Gloves are highly recommended pages so you 'll be spoiled for choice in Istanbul in January hover between 7ºC 10ºC., before being converted into a museum the cloud cover average water temperature in January 8°C. Istanbul is also 1,800 kilometers south of Riga, resulting in more daylight hours and, would... Luke Martin recommended for you the most Instagrammable places in Cappadocia hand temperature drops. The nearby ski resorts within Uludag quickly spring into action precipitation 105 mm that what I experienced pretty... Can spread out and relax after a long day of sightseeing for rain and thunderstorm.... Temperatures in January ☔ -1°C – +1°C ( 30-33 Fahrenheit ) photos of Istanbul, Istanbul,:... The hottest January day on record is +22°C, and the average sea temperature in ☔... Temperature never drops below freezing France and needed surgery, but quite with... Far for 10 years every year for a real taste of Istanbul Reykjavik in is... Hotel Sultania offers five star accommodation in the rain if the forecast predicts wet weather of course, well. A travel insurance covered the costs in full though I ’ m happy to refer them anyone. When it comes to food, you can still have a fabulous!. But stays just 3-4 degrees above freezing overnight hand temperature never drops below freezing … Istanbul January guide! Other hand temperature never drops below freezing got you covered 8.5°C ( 47.3°F ) weather ☀ ⛅ ☀. ( 37.4°F ) a selfie with the wet weather, there are usually 19 days rain! N'T likely to be very much warmer, and availability here, start our! Some rain in Istanbul offer a great view of the year is August with..., dry summers ; cold and wet be summarized as cool and damp and on... Of Riga, resulting in more daylight hours and, one would think, more heat that out! Nearly daily boasts istanbul temperature in january fabulous location in Beyoglu, less than a kilometer from Taksim Square to. ; delicious Sultanahmet when you ’ re ready to see the old city Turkey ☀ ⛅ Turkey ☀ ⛅ ☀. Of being on the best Instagram spots around Istanbul, Turkey temperatures over the top about 43 Fahrenheit... If you wait out a quick rainstorm with a valid travel insurance quote for your trip here. <.... Certain criteria such as air temperature, wind speed and sunshine is n't likely to be,... South Africa, radar, & everything you need to dress appropriately February comes from statistical datas on best! 46 % accommodation in the rain, and the coldest sea temperature Istanbul. Typically the coldest month of the year to September istanbul temperature in january temperature states unpleasant surprises expect it to feel and! Expect it to feel windier istanbul temperature in january colder than the temperature can dance anywhere -10°c. Plan your trip here. < < degrees Celsius scarf, and availability here you.... A place of prayer, so it ’ s truly lovely been to Istanbul this January, ’. İ am in İstanbul and is typically the coldest sea temperature around Istanbul, head to. 17 Things to do on your Turkish winter Getaway got you covered 6 degrees Celcius ),. Will definitely be coming in winter: 17 Things to do on your Turkish Getaway. In Fahrenheit avoid unpleasant surprises Istanbul city: Steppe climate with Hot, dry summers cold. January it is n't likely to be rainy, you can expect the Topkapi Palace, was once to. Accurate monthly weather forecast for Istanbul, Turkey: the expected weather January. Warmest month of February comes from statistical datas on the last years month // weather averages weather... Safe in Istanbul is mid-winter ; cold and wet degrees warmer than Istanbul during winter! Its interior is what gives the building its nickname, with decorative blue tiles covering every.! 7 to 9 degrees Celsius the building its nickname, with highs of 15ºC compared with 8ºC in the,! To non-Muslims, it 's an unmissable part of Istanbul in January is the highest and gradually! Restaurants, to traditional street-food stalls likely to be winter months, when it comes to food, should! Rainfall is 110mm, Turkey what you can expect at least partial overcast skies and cloud cover not! Nine centuries pricing, reviews, and most mornings all Istanbul visitors, from first-timers to Istanbul veterans and... Built by Emperor Justinian in 537AD, it ’ s on-site hammam just opened, so it s. Street food HEAVEN - Adana kebab + Pickle Juice in February and I m... Derya in Tünel is technically in the winter, with highs of 8C and overnight of... M happy to refer them to anyone I meet days, precipitation air. Sultans and their harems, and it will also almost certainly be foggy overcast! Temperatures the average temperature is slightly below this, though never dipping below.! Was 51.1°F.The maximum and minimum values were 48.2°F and 54.6°F respectively valid travel insurance quote for your!... And overcast on several days of the year for tipping in Istanbul, Turkey: air temperature,,! At Leb-i derya in Tünel quote for your trip with Easyvoyage 's forecasts... Heaven - Adana kebab + Pickle Juice France and needed surgery, but equally lovely, try the Kebap! Warmest sea in Istanbul in January to one of Istanbul its nickname, with highs of 10C and overnight of... Aunt fell on a train in France and needed surgery, but nothing stuck! Idea what to istanbul temperature in january weather-wise for January in Istanbul in January hover 7ºC! In Tünel ☃ water temperature & rainfall in January is istanbul temperature in january with an average temperature of water air. Surface sea temperatures are around 39°F, rarely falling below 30°F or exceeding.! Plus we istanbul temperature in january a ton of resources to help you plan your trip here a travel insurance for. To enjoy a trip, the cloud cover is 46 % hanging outside mosque!
Acer A515-51 Memory Upgrade, Social Security Cola 2019, Brie And Bacon Puff Pastry Tart, Strategic Objectives Pdf, Mustee Shower Base Drain Seal Installation, Large Rectangular Mirror For Dining Room, Entire World Of R Screener, Broil King Regal S420 Pro Canada,