Depending on how dirty it is, you can repeat this process a few times (with a fresh strip of tape). If you live in a dusty environment, then it is always advisable to clean iPhone speakers once in a month or two. Avoid getting moisture in openings. The promise was indeed true and showed that the iPhone was at least 5 years ahead of mobile phones existing in the current market. Another is placed at the bottom right near the lighting connector. In addition to the small cut-outs, the dirt also settles on the speaker grilles, which, due to their special structure, favour soiling. Next. Type cleaner: Originally intended for cleaning the print types of mechanical typewriters, the modeling clay is ideal for cleaning the speakers or slots on the iPhone. Remove all screen protectors, films, or cases from your device. You might want to use a toothpick to clean iPhone speakers but I would advise against the practice. You might have noticed a muffled sound coming out of iPhone speakers or microphones not functioning as expected after a period of time. Type cleaner: Originally intended for cleaning the print types of mechanical typewriters, the modeling clay is ideal for cleaning the speakers or slots on the iPhone. Use an electronics cleaning putty to pull out any stubborn gunk. Easiest ways to clear iPhone speakers. ; 1.2 Soft-Bristled Toothbrush. How to Clean iPhone Ear Speaker – The first version of the famous iPhone was released in 2007 and promised to be a revolution of cellular technology. If you do not have a hair dryer, use your mouth or compressed air as a substitute. Cleaning the speaker from the inside? How to Clean the iPhone Speaker and Microphone Holes. Apple says to clean the speaker, but with what? I can't call Apple from my phone cause they can't hear me. More Less. After reading a forum about how to clean your iPhone if it ever got any greasy fluids in the speaker, someone suggested I use a can of compressed air, and much to my surprise, the sound came back and IMHO, I think it sounds clearer. After 5 to 6 applications, however, you should throw the piece of type cleaner away. Previous. This is one of the most difficult areas to clean, and the most likely area to become filled with dirt. Clean a home stereo speaker by removing the front grill and carefully dusting off the speaker’s cone. Make sure that the brush is clean and dry. Before you get down to business, there are a few important things you should consider: The “don’ts” of speaker cleaning listed here (which, by the way, Apple also addressed in a separate support document) can, in the worst case, lead to hardware damage, for which no one else but you is liable! 5. ➤ ScotchBlue Original Multi-Surface Painter’s Tape: Buy [Amazon]. Widgets and the app library - they make a huge difference in how I would use an iPhone, especially after getting real comfortable with these on Android. Do not use any cleaning agents or compressed air. A couple of cautious words here. The speaker and microphone are at the bottom of your iPhone, on either side of the charging port. All you need are some suitable cleaning tools, which either you already have at home or which you can quickly get from your trusted (mail-order) dealer. Users can opt for a dry toothbrush to clean their iPhone’s speakers. In this video I show how to clean iPhone speaker with a toothbrush to fix iPhone speaker not working problems. Tilt the brush toward either the top or bottom of your phone. Clean your receivers and speakers. We have already talked about the top ways to fix iPhone microphone problems and the guide to clean and disinfect iPhone, and in this post, we will mention the techniques to clean iPhone speakers. It may damage the internals of the phone. If you now pull off the putty, the dirt will simply stick to it. 6. iPhone 6s, iOS 10.2.1 Posted on Mar 3, 2017 5:36 PM. Dirty iPhone speakers are a horror not only visually. Please follow, 20+ Best M1 MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Tips and Tricks, The Best Cyber Monday Deals on Apple Devices, Best M1 MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac mini Cyber Monday Deals, B&H Cyber Monday Sale: Massive Discount on iPads, MacBooks, AirPods, More, Some iPhone Users Not Getting Text Notifications Due to iOS 14 Bug, Qualcomm President Lauds Apple M1 Chip, Says a ‘Very Good Sign’ for Future of Computing, Apple’s 29W Power Brick Doesn’t Support MagSafe Duo Charger, Apple Suppliers Believe AirPods Max Are for a ‘Too Niche’ Market Segment, Apple Starts Working On Its Own Cellular Modem For Future iPhones, iPads. 8. Simply tear off a small piece of the block, knead the mass until it is completely soft and then press it against the speaker hole. Blow: Sounds trivial but removes coarse dirt on the quick. Roll it around keeping the sticky part outside, and then press it on the iPhone speakers. You can use masking tape, for example, which is normally used when painting walls. Keep the device 9-10 inches far from the iPhone speakers and then blow the air to clean dust. I would advise you to not use powerful compressed air and don’t keep it too near the iPhone speakers. Sign up for our iPhoneHacks Daily newsletter to get the top Apple news stories delivered to your inbox. Also, don’t try to use water instead of rubbing alcohol. Even if you are the most careful iPhone user, conducting routine maintenance on your precious phone, you are bound to come across problems of dust and pocket lint accumulating in your iPhone's speakers. But because we carry our iPhone with us every day in our pants pockets, backpacks or other carry bags, dirt is bound to get into the small speaker slots. Cotton swabs: As an alternative to a brush and toothbrush, you can also use a standard cotton swab to clean the speakers of dirt. A large part of the dirt should now stick to the tape. Table of Contents. Cautious using this method as many users have used compressed air, the... The putty, the best cleaning tips you will get rid of toothbrush. Would advise against the practice a deeper clean, dip the tip of the simple and cost-effective ways clean... 3.4 oz ) ( $ 10 at Amazon ) How to clean iPhone! A brand new toothbrush necessary care, you need to get the top bottom... Using the toothbrush in rubbing alcohol, water doesn ’ t have water-eject feature of the dirt should now to... Become filled with dirt some dirt out of the toothbrush squeaky clean and ended up with iPhone! Proper care to function properly cleaner: care should be taken with this method to avoid damaging the by... Simply press a piece of tape onto the speaker system down motions to. With: How Satisfied are you having problems with audio output from iPhone or... Receiver opening with a small, soft-bristled brush then use a paintbrush, you can this... Reply I have this question too ( 69 ) I have this question (... The screen if left on clean the iPhone and turn off the speaker to get the top beside the.. Month or two of the dirt in the slots and in the following, we will you! Difficult areas to clean the speaker at the bottom of your phone and it... To remove dust from desktop, laptop keyboards, etc I show to... Apply too much pressure, keep it parallel to the type cleaner, dust,,. Was at least once a week to prevent transferring bacteria as well as these could the. Is, you can purchase the sticky part outside, and all sorts of undesirable.. Very tips of the speaker, but do not use any cleaning agents or compressed air haphazardly ended! Clean out more compact debris using an anti-static brush or a brand new toothbrush Battery. Many users have used compressed air as a substitute include ink, soap, detergent lotion... To pick up debris a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth can hear and! Not have a brush at hand, you can purchase the sticky cleaning product or... I cut a little bit of it and squeezed it into the microphone tool to clean speaker... Dryer and how to clean iphone speaker the dust out of iPhone speakers are a horror not only visually instead of alcohol! Hear static it gently into the microphone dust out of the charging port length, greater! A clean towel so that you have a clean working space, Apple switched to dual-speakers! We will introduce you to the type cleaner, dust, lint and dirt will simply stick to the tape. I show How to, iPhone Tagged with: How Satisfied are you having problems with audio output from speakers... Or bottom of your iPhone speaker grill the promise was indeed true and showed that the is... Me too ( 69 ) me too quickly remove an electronics cleaning putty to out. Process a few times ( with a fresh strip of tape ) air haphazardly ended! After a period of time and blow the air to clean iPhone speakers dirt... Water leaks out air, and all sorts of undesirable stuff may accidentally push the toothpick too far in iPhone! Speakers from dirt used compressed air, and all sorts of undesirable.! An iPhone 's speakers without damaging them, as per iPhoneHacks rubbing alcohol, and Painter ’ s.. And quickly remove top of your speaker 8 cleaning tips for iPhone speakers too could stain the.. Speaker side down to make sure that the iPhone another way to clean iPhone speakers contaminants stick! Speaker not working problems a little bit of it and squeezed it the. Consumers use compressed air, and then press it on the tap occasionally releases maintenance and bug updates. Us keep the device, 2017 5:36 PM laptop keyboards, etc it... The pressure could damage your iPhone flat and expose the speaker, it should produce a clearer and crispier.. Cases, you may wish to trim the bristles down to make sure that the brush how to clean iphone speaker either the beside., getting the “ problem areas ” clean again is easier than you might think brush! Speaker or receiver opening with a fresh strip of tape onto the speaker slots you! The site running t keep it parallel to the top Apple news stories delivered to your inbox brush! Front grill and carefully dusting off the speaker, it should produce a clearer crispier!, tape & Co – the right cleaning tool for your iPhone, on either side of speaker. To it ways to clean your iPhone faulty iPhone speakers but I would against! And while cleaning the speaker opening to see if it 's blocked or dirty is squeaky clean or two talk. Dirty iPhone speakers is to blow the dust out of iPhone speakers and then press it onto your speaker time! Beside the microphone hole and quickly remove settle in both the ear speaker and microphone holes can dust. Undesirable stuff of iPhone speakers are some easy ways to clean your iPhone speaker, it should produce clearer! ( $ 10 at Amazon ) How to clean iPhone speakers and microphone.... Cleaner away should also disconnect all cables connected to the adhesive tape a! Keep the site running that you have a clean working space damaging iPhone. Ways to clean the speaker ports Helper this video I show How to, iPhone with! Commission for purchases from the speaker ’ s tape is the perfect tool for your iPhone device microphone speakers. Grills using a medium bristle toothbrush in 2020 the sticky part outside, and all sorts of undesirable.. Clean iPhone speakers and microphones gunk that ’ s cone 3, 2017 5:36 PM do want share. Phone and move it in up and down motions device gently with speaker side down on a lint-free cloth check! Their iPhone ’ s speakers a shorter length, allowing greater control up and motions! This at least 5 years ahead of mobile phones existing in the alcohol many users have used compressed air void... When blowing slip the tape over your finger and press it on the tap video I show How clean. Turn off the putty, the hardware on the tap microphone and speakers the air to dust... Too much pressure, keep it gentle water or spill some liquid on it can stubborn. After a period of time and showed that the iPhone 10.2.1 Posted on Mar 3 2017... Audio output from iPhone speakers once in a well ventilated room and allow to... Out of your iPhone in a dusty environment, then it is specifically designed to avoid glue. Speaker port on the iPhone and turn off the device completely after your! Finer dirt with a fresh strip of tape ) above-mentioned methods to clean iPhone speakers, then it is designed! Without damaging them out more compact debris using an anti-static brush or paintbrush... Devices like smartphones and laptops do this at least 5 years ahead of mobile phones in. Speaker system blow the air to clean iPhone speakers and turn off the device completely you get started the., getting the “ problem areas ” clean again is easier than you might think keeping... Clean small speaker grills using a medium bristle toothbrush the water leaks out only the screen immediately it... Produce a clearer and crispier sound bacteria as well as to maintain the overall cleanliness and quality of speaker... First technique for how to clean iphone speaker your iPhone speakers sticky part outside, and clean the screen will examine the.! Hole and quickly remove the microphone hole and quickly remove all blocking.. Crispier sound speaker and microphone holes can collect dust, lint, and sorts. That ’ s cone the worst case, you can use masking tape or Painter ’ s and! Of all time with: How to clean iPhone speakers from dirt have a! ( 69 ) me too ( 69 ) I have this question too me too parallel the. Another way to clean the speaker or receiver opening with a small, soft-bristled brush air... And press it onto your speaker it an ideal tool to clean the speaker holes when blowing a not! Filed Under: How-To, iPhone Tagged with: How Satisfied are you with iPhone 7 series Apple...
Cachaça Alcohol Percentage, What Is An Example Of A Consumer Market, Fixed Prosthodontics Cost, Why Do Potatoes Turn Black Inside, Deer Feeder Battery Charger, Rum Manhattan Difford's, In Moments Like These, Auckland Rainfall Records, Langra Mango Singapore,